I think we should all begin to.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we should all begin to....

I think trading up for any player other than Calvin Johnson is not worth it. I would rather hope for Adrian Peterson to fall to us, so we can trade out of it to the many suitors who would take him. Could it happen?

1. Raiders - Jamarcus Russell
2. Lions - Joe Thomas
3. Browns - Brady Quinn
4. Bucs - Calvin Johnson
5. Cardinals - Levi Brown
6. Redskins - Gaines Adams
7. Vikings - Jamaal Anderson
8. Falcons - LaRon Landry

No offense, but you are thinking extremely one dimensionally. It is likely that five of the eight picks in front of us will be offensive players. Any offensive player we could take at #9 would be a reach, in my opinion.

Not many people think Levi Brown can be a "franchise LT." Ginn Jr. is a reach at #9 although plenty of people on this board will tell you he is still worth it. Quinn will likely be gone.

The defense can help the offense. As good as our defense was, we were second to last in interceptions and didn't necessarily do a great job of giving our offense a short field. We had 8 interceptions last year. That's right. EIGHT. And three of those were by LBs. Taking a quality defensive back would in no way be a waste and would also serve to help the offense.

We are thinking one dimensionally? As opposed to your determination to take defense? Despite us having 2-3 years to fix it? Despite having one of the worst offenses in the league? Umm ...
We NEED offense, its a must! Sorry, but the D is about at its limit as far as helping the offense. It singlehandedly WON that bears game. How much more can you seriously expect it to do? Will the addition of Landry give us THAT many more points that we can still neglect our offense? I think not. Besided, if you think Ginn is a reach at 9 and not Revis for instance, your crazy. Landry and maybe Nelson are the only DBs remotely worth the #9.

Ginn is the playmaker that this offense has craved for a long time. He will instantly upgrade ST by a TON, and will force other teams to respect our deep throws and his speed, open up the middle for chambers, take heat off the running game and OLine. Perfect fit for us. Can be a playmaker in the mold of Barry Sanders-just a one of a kind player.

Not a fan of brown, agree with your comment there. Willis would make us sit Channing for a year or trade Zach (have you read the rumors?) and will be a force, but at a price.

IMO-Quinn is #1 target but I know he wont fall, still doesnt keep me from hoping, but anyway ...
1. Ginn
2. Willis
3. Landry/Nelson
4. Brown
5. Okoye/Branch
6. Revis/Hall

And I hate talking trade down (to hard to predict and a rarity) but should Peterson drop ...

I think trading up for any player other than Calvin Johnson is not worth it. I would rather hope for Adrian Peterson to fall to us, so we can trade out of it to the many suitors who would take him. Could it happen?

2. Lions - Joe Thomas
3. Browns - Brady Quinn
4. Bucs - Calvin Johnson

1. Raiders - Calvin Johnson
2. Lions - Brady Quinn
3. Browns - Adrian Peterson
4. Bucs - Joe Thomas
5. Cardinals - Gaines Adams
6. Redskins - Alan Branch
7. Vikings - Laron Landry
8. Falcons - Adam Carriker

Mocking is fun, im still working on the 10+ :D

..get in touch with reality here and start to focus on the 4-5 guys we will probobly take and stop the trade up for Quinn garbage.

Were not gonna do anything stupid with this regime so I assume our draft picks will stay intact.

So the focus should be on Ginn,Brown,Okoye,Branch(hope not) and maybe Landry.

We might not have to trade up for Quinn, he might still be there at 9. If not then they should look at Levi Brown. Ginn, heck no. Out of 32 mocks by the "experts", not even one selected Ginn.

http://phinfever.com/phinfever_NFLdraft_accumulativemocks.html

2. Lions - Joe Thomas
3. Browns - Brady Quinn
4. Bucs - Calvin Johnson

The Browns are NOT taking Quinn. It's the lions or us. It's all a smokescreen and they will draft Peterson, who is the smart and right choice for them.

That said, if Peterson fell, we should take him in a heart beat. Ronnie is a stud, but the combo would be lethal due to the recieving abilities of both backs and the inside/outside attack possibilities. For those Ginn lovers, tell me this, who is the better player?? If you don't say Peterson without the doubt then that must be Marge and Bart calling you.

I think everyone already knows hes fast, but this isn't track. :evil:

Scouts wanna see that the ankle injury hasn't hampered him any, which is the big reason why he has fallen, due to his not running at the combine or pro day and other receivers like mechem(sp?)putting up good times.

I think everyone already knows hes fast, but this isn't track. :evil:

But the dropoff from track to pads with Ginn is much lower than other recievers. He just plays at a higher gear-go watch him. Peterson is a bruiser, but talk about injury concerns ...

Drafting Peterson is joke BTW, waste of a pick. We could get way more trading off with GB or someone if he falls that far. But he wont, and neither will Quinn.

But the dropoff from track to pads with Ginn is much lower than other recievers. He just plays at a higher gear-go watch him. Peterson is a bruiser, but talk about injury concerns ...

Drafting Peterson is joke BTW, waste of a pick. We could get way more trading off with GB or someone if he falls that far. But he wont, and neither will Quinn.
True, watching clips of him playing, its like everyone else is in slow motion or in quick sand.

Willis would be an intriguing pick, not because we need LB depth (we do), but because Buffalo HAS to have him now. We could pluck Willis and trade him to the Bills, Panthers, Rams, or Lions for more picks. Similiar to the AP scenario only Willis will be there and more teams want him. We can address LB depth later.

RW

Back
Top Bottom