I think we should all begin to.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we should all begin to....

Fin-omenal

"Now, get off my block"
Reaction score
..get in touch with reality here and start to focus on the 4-5 guys we will probobly take and stop the trade up for Quinn garbage.

Were not gonna do anything stupid with this regime so I assume our draft picks will stay intact.

So the focus should be on Ginn,Brown,Okoye,Branch(hope not) and maybe Landry.

More like 1. Ginn Jr. , 2. Levi Brown, 3. Adam Carriker, 4. Leon Hall or the best scenario a trade down.

hopefully ginn,landry or willis
I think Willis is the best LB in the draft too...but, why would we use the #9 pick to get another LB when we have other needs, I just dont see it happening. But, I will say again, he's a great player IMO, and he really does have a great, and i do mean GREAT character.

More like 1. Ginn Jr. , 2. Levi Brown, 3. Adam Carriker, 4. Leon Hall or the best scenario a trade down.

I think Willis would be #5, and Olsen and Meacham at #6 and #7. (Obviously trade down would be up there too)

1. Landry
2. Willis
3. Carriker
4. Revis
5. Ginn Jr.
6. Brown

Landry will probly get drafted by the falcons, LB is the least of our concerns, and as for 3 and 4 i haven't even heard of these guys in the top 15 let alone top 10, Levi brown or Ted ginn are probly the 2 guys we can get with our pick, and Cam and Randy have already said they probly aren't gonna take a LT with our 1st rounder,

Landry will probly get drafted by the falcons, LB is the least of our concerns, and as for 3 and 4 i haven't even heard of these guys in the top 15 let alone top 10, Levi brown or Ted ginn are probly the 2 guys we can get with our pick, and Cam and Randy have already said they probly aren't gonna take a LT with our 1st rounder,

Carriker has been in the Top 10 on several mocks, and Revis is climbing fast now that people realize he is just about even with Hall. I'm also not sure how LB is the least of our concerns considering three of our starting four are all over 30. An injury here . . . a retirement there . . . and all of a sudden the strength of this team becomes a real weakness. LB just may be the most important position on this team. Just look at the Patriots.

I have heard great things about Carriker, but does he really fit our D? I'm not asking sarcastically. I really do not know. I thought I might've heard somewhere (here or NFL Sirius) that he's not a good fit for Miami's D. Anyone know for sure?

**I do not want measurables, I want style of player, etc.**

I'm not crazy about any of the guys that are supposed to be there at nine. All of them have pretty major downsides with them. I guess my order at this point would probably be Landry, Ginn, Branch.

I'd prefer to trade down to middle of the first round and hopefully get either Joe Staley, Ryan Kalil or Robert Meachem.

Carriker has been in the Top 10 on several mocks, and Revis is climbing fast now that people realize he is just about even with Hall. I'm also not sure how LB is the least of our concerns considering three of our starting four are all over 30. An injury here . . . a retirement there . . . and all of a sudden the strength of this team becomes a real weakness. LB just may be the most important position on this team. Just look at the Patriots.

We had the #4 defense in the league last year, we didn't lose because of defense, we lost on the offensive side of the ball, i wouldn't be destroyed if we took a a defensive player but personally, i don't think they will make as much of an impact for this team than an offensive player. As for depth, you can get that in the later rounds of the draft, we need impact players on offense NOW wether that be a franchise LT(levi brown) a speedy reciever(ted ginn) or if he drops a quaterback(quinn). Jumping from #4 to say #2 and still having around the same offense isn't that huge of a jump, but still being #4-#5 and going up 3-5 spots on offense is

I have heard great things about Carriker, but does he really fit our D? I'm not asking sarcastically. I really do not know. I thought I might've heard somewhere (here or NFL Sirius) that he's not a good fit for Miami's D. Anyone know for sure?

**I do not want measurables, I want style of player, etc.**

Carriker is 300lbs and can play DT/DE in a 4-3 but would also make a great DE in a 3-4. He has been compared to Richard Seymour as far as the position (although it is a stretch to say he has the same ability). He would fit our defense very well.

We had the #4 defense in the league last year, we didn't lose because of defense, we lost on the offensive side of the ball, i wouldn't be destroyed if we took a a defensive player but personally, i don't think they will make as much of an impact for this team than an offensive player. As for depth, you can get that in the later rounds of the draft, we need impact players on offense NOW wether that be a franchise LT(levi brown) a speedy reciever(ted ginn) or if he drops a quaterback(quinn). Jumping from #4 to say #2 and still having around the same offense isn't that huge of a jump, but still being #4-#5 and going up 3-5 spots on offense is

No offense, but you are thinking extremely one dimensionally. It is likely that five of the eight picks in front of us will be offensive players. Any offensive player we could take at #9 would be a reach, in my opinion.

Not many people think Levi Brown can be a "franchise LT." Ginn Jr. is a reach at #9 although plenty of people on this board will tell you he is still worth it. Quinn will likely be gone.

The defense can help the offense. As good as our defense was, we were second to last in interceptions and didn't necessarily do a great job of giving our offense a short field. We had 8 interceptions last year. That's right. EIGHT. And three of those were by LBs. Taking a quality defensive back would in no way be a waste and would also serve to help the offense.

No offense, but you are thinking extremely one dimensionally. It is likely that five of the eight picks in front of us will be offensive players. Any offensive player we could take at #9 would be a reach, in my opinion.

Not many people think Levi Brown can be a "franchise LT." Ginn Jr. is a reach at #9 although plenty of people on this board will tell you he is still worth it. Quinn will likely be gone.

The defense can help the offense. As good as our defense was, we were second to last in interceptions and didn't necessarily do a great job of giving our offense a short field. We had 8 interceptions last year. That's right. EIGHT. And three of those were by LBs. Taking a quality defensive back would in no way be a waste and would also serve to help the offense.
No where did i say it would be a bad choice to go defense with our first pick, i was just saying that an impact player on offense would help this team more than one on defense, i think hall is going to be a geat corner in this league and i wouldn't be angry if we took him but IMO Ginn Jr, who will give Cam a huge weapon on offense(15 Td receiving,3 rushing,8 ST,and 1passing in Ohio state) , Levi brown, who will improve a less than solid O line, will probly impact the team more.

I just think that Ginn would have the biggest impact for us....he'd help the offence, the special teams and the defence too by helping us get good field position....he's the one I hope we draft with our top pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom