I think we Trade Down and Take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we Trade Down and Take

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Carnell Williams at 7 and the best available defender at 18, be it Thomas Davis, Brod Poole, David Pollack, Derrick Johnson, Marcus Spears, etc. I think when we are on the clock, the Vikings and us will get busy and a trade will be worked out. If Smith goes 1st, Cleveland will want Braylon at 3 and Minny will want him at 2. I think we'll end up getting that 2 for Surtain and take BPA at 45 and then in R3 I think we'll look hard at a QB.

Hmmm...I'm thinking:
QB Rodgers, RB Cat Williams, CB Rolle, or Mike Williams at # 7 overall

And Wr Matt Jones, CB Pac Man, or a Slider DE M. Spears at #18 overall ( I know, but I can hope)

Mike Williams at 7 would be most excellent.

:shake:

Boomer said:
Carnell Williams at 7 and the best available defender at 18, be it Thomas Davis, Brod Poole, David Pollack, Derrick Johnson, Marcus Spears, etc. I think when we are on the clock, the Vikings and us will get busy and a trade will be worked out. If Smith goes 1st, Cleveland will want Braylon at 3 and Minny will want him at 2. I think we'll end up getting that 2 for Surtain and take BPA at 45 and then in R3 I think we'll look hard at a QB.

If Braylon is off the board when Chicago picks, they might select Williams, Brown, or Caddy. That leaves TB with two Rb's. I really think that if Brown is there at 5 TB gobbles him up, but if it's Caddy or Benson who are left when Tb picks, then Caddy goes at 5.

I really happen to think that if Miami, and TB were to make a trade, that TB would snatch Brown up, instead of Smith.

If Aaron Rodgers were still there at #7, I would be very hard pressed not to take him.

But I would indeed be very happy with Cadillac Williams, who I still truly do believe will be the next LaDainian Tomlinson or Willis McGahee. He's at least be another Travis Henry, but I think a lot better. And having that #18 pick to get a defender or Matt Jones (shudder)...would be soooo nice....

ckparrothead said:
If Aaron Rodgers were still there at #7, I would be very hard pressed not to take him.

But I would indeed be very happy with Cadillac Williams, who I still truly do believe will be the next LaDainian Tomlinson or Willis McGahee. He's at least be another Travis Henry, but I think a lot better. And having that #18 pick to get a defender or Matt Jones (shudder)...would be soooo nice....

Me personally, I would be hard pressed to just keep the pick, and select Rogers.

It certainly looks more likely that we'll trade down with Minny.

I'd better go on the record here and put my credibility (such as it is) on the line. I'll jump on the "we'll trade down with Minny" bandwagon and predict that we take Ronnie Brown at 7 and Marcus Spears at 18.

Peter King was suggesting on Monday that we might be able to trade down to Tampa Bay's slot and then trade from #5 to Minnesota's slot. Do I dare dream of such a scenario?

I've been away from the computer for about four days, and my head is spinning with the weekend's developments. Just when I was getting excited about Alex Smith at #2. BAM!

But I've said all along I'd love to trade down if we got value in return.

DrAstroZoom said:
Peter King was suggesting on Monday that we might be able to trade down to Tampa Bay's slot and then trade from #5 to Minnesota's slot. Do I dare dream of such a scenario?

I've been away from the computer for about four days, and my head is spinning with the weekend's developments. Just when I was getting excited about Alex Smith at #2. BAM!

But I've said all along I'd love to trade down if we got value in return.

I don't think a trade down with Tampa then Minnesota would make sense for the Vikes. They want Braylon Edwards, right? They're almost certain to miss out on getting him if they only move to #5.

No, I think we can trade with one or the other, not both.

Back
Top Bottom