I think we will draft a Quarterback. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we will draft a Quarterback.

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Okay so it probably will not be at the number 2 overall. :lol:

I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio today and they were interviewing Quarterback Derek Anderson from Oregon State. Pat Kirwan asked him which teams have sat down and went through a "chalk talk" with him. He first mentioned "Washington" and then he specifically stated "Jason Garrett from the Miami Dolphins". He said Garrett just blew him away with his knowledge of the game. He said Garrett talked him through some of the things Miami would be doing this year. I think those two teams were the only teams mentioned about a "chalk talk" session. The conversation just didn't get past Garrett.

So I got to thinking..... I know about the Alex Smith visit. I know about the Aarron Rodgers visit. Now I know about the Derek Anderson visit. That's just the visits that I know about that will surely go in the first day of the draft. Surely there are more. And surely we wouldn't be investing this much time into a position that we had no intention of drafting. Anyone heard anything more about the Dolphins and Quarterbacks? That is Quarterbacks that would be picked in the later rounds?

I wonder if this much time and money is always invested on Quarterback research in preparation for the draft?

I agree with you 100%. I don't think it will be Smith or Rodgers, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were Walters or McPherson or Frye or Greene. I think Saban will pick up a QB. I hope its either Walters or McPherson personally.

Miami has been linked to several:

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Charlie Frye
David Greene
Adrian McPherson
Derek Anderson
Stefan LeFors

I'm pretty sure, even though I haven't heard anything definitive, that Miami has looked at Andrew Walter and Kyle Orton as well. You can probably throw Ryan Fitzpatrick in there as well.

KB21 said:
Miami has been linked to several:

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Charlie Frye
David Greene
Adrian McPherson
Derek Anderson
Stefan LeFors

I'm pretty sure, even though I haven't heard anything definitive, that Miami has looked at Andrew Walter and Kyle Orton as well. You can probably throw Ryan Fitzpatrick in there as well.

How about the investment of time? Is this standard?

I've never heard of so much Quarterback from the Dolphins prior to a draft.

ZOD said:
How about the investment of time? Is this standard?

I've never heard of so much Quarterback from the Dolphins prior to a draft.

Miami didn't invest a lot of time in this position over the past few years because they felt the position should be minimized for whatever reason.

The word on the street is that the coaches are pushing hard to get a quarterback.

I think that if the 49ers picks Rodgers(it seems like that they have), i would bet you that Saban will pick Smith at #2.

One thing is for sure. The coaches do not appear to have any confidence in AJ Feeley.

KB21 said:
One thing is for sure. The coaches do not appear to have any confidence in AJ Feeley.

It seems like that they would give Feeley another shoot since how bad the coaching and offense was.

KB21 said:
Yeah it really appears that way. I really expect a QB in the first 4 rounds. I think if Smith is there at 2 it is a slam dunk, but if not they may pass on Rogers and take one of the other guys later. I think our starting QB in '07 comes from this draft though.

Back
Top Bottom