I think we will trade for Cleveland's #4 pick. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we will trade for Cleveland's #4 pick.

dolfin530

Student of the Game
Reaction score
I have a feeling are QB's will be RG3 and Matt Moore or Matt Flynn and Matt Moore. If Ross and Ireland like RG3 than they will get him. If they are not sold then they will bring in flynn. Either way those are most likely our only Qb possibilities. However to get RG3 we will need to trade with Cleveland. Here is why:

The teams ahead of us that would take RG3 are #4 Cleveland, #6 Washington, and maybe #7 Jacksonville. St. Louis will probably take Blackmon to give Bradford a weapon. Cleveland has said they want to trade down and we will have to trade up. Now the question is price. Here are some trades from last years draft:
Browns traded the No. 6 pick to the Falcons for the No. 27 pick, second-round (No. 59) and fourth-round (No. 124) picks and first and fourth-round picks in the 2012 draft.

Redskins traded the No. 10 pick to the Jaguars for the No. 16 pick and a second-round pick (No. 49).

So to make a trade from #9 to #4 I believe we would give them #9 and a third this year and a second next year. Is that to much? What would you give up in this scenario?

The last question is what sounds better RG3 and Moore or Flynn and Moore?

I have a feeling are QB's will be RG3 and Matt Moore or Matt Flynn and Matt Moore. If Ross and Ireland like RG3 than they will get him. If they are not sold then they will bring in flynn. Either way those are most likely our only Qb possibilities. However to get RG3 we will need to trade with Cleveland. Here is why:

The teams ahead of us that would take RG3 are #4 Cleveland, #6 Washington, and maybe #7 Jacksonville. St. Louis will probably take Blackmon to give Bradford a weapon. Cleveland has said they want to trade down and we will have to trade up. Now the question is price. Here are some trades from last years draft:
Browns traded the No. 6 pick to the Falcons for the No. 27 pick, second-round (No. 59) and fourth-round (No. 124) picks and first and fourth-round picks in the 2012 draft.

Redskins traded the No. 10 pick to the Jaguars for the No. 16 pick and a second-round pick (No. 49).

So to make a trade from #9 to #4 I believe we would give them #9 and a third this year and a second next year. Is that to much? What would you give up in this scenario?

The last question is what sounds better RG3 and Moore or Flynn and Moore?

IMO Cleveland wants RG3 and the report that they want to trade down is just a smoke screen. If RG3 is there at 4 the Browns take him. So don’t discount a team like the Redskins moving up past Cleveland to get him. Someone will be taking RG3 with the 2nd pick in the draft.

I like the deal you came up, and honestly, I don't know which option is best with RG3/Flynn

The Browns are going to be looking to trade UP to the #2 pick in order to get RG3, because if they don't move up to get him someone else is going to. And if by some miracle RG3 is there at 4 why the heck would a team that needs a quarter back just as badly as we do give up the chance to draft someone as insanely athletic and talented as RG3.

If the Phins want RG3 #2 is the spot and the Rams stand to cash in on a pretty good payday. The question is, is it worth it? To me the answer is yes. In this league QBs are everything, just look at what the Pats are doing with one of the worst defenses in the NFL. You can get to the playoffs with mediocre QB play but rarely win it. Hennes, Moores, Thigpens, and Penningtons don't with superbowls. Bradys, Brees', Rogers', and Mannings do. RG3 could be special, and I we draft him and improve the Oline in FA, we arent really that far away(assuming RG3 lives up to even half of his potential). I say give the Rams anything they want (within reason) and for once GO GET YOUR GUY!!!!!!!!!

I agree, the only way to get RGIII is to pick #2. I dont think he will be there at #3.

I think we have to trade with the Rams for RGIII. If Philbin becomes the coach though, I think Flynn will be the QB.

I think we have to trade with the Rams for RGIII. If Philbin becomes the coach though, I think Flynn will be the QB.

Certainly agree with this. I think there are way too many variables in the chase for RGIII, which make Philbin all the more appealing to me.

Reasonable trade but probably too cheap considering how many teams want RGIII. If we're going to mortgage the future, lets do it right and get Luck.

Back
Top Bottom