I think we're all getting a little carried away here! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we're all getting a little carried away here!

phatmatt

from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (in Canada)
Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of what has happened so far since Saban has taken over and I am pleased with how we made out in the draft (especially with our 1st three picks) but I don't think we should be making any statements about Roth being the SOD or Ronnie getting 2000 all purpose yards or Crowder outplaying Zach this year (or next year or the year after for that matter).

While all three picks are talented they have done absolutely nothing in the NFL yet. A list a mile long could be made of all the 'promising draft picks' teams have had over the years that never panned out. Optimism is good but let's stay in check here.....training camp hasn't even begun and we WERE the second worst team in the league last year (record wise at least).

Again, don't take this post the wrong way because I personally feel that the 4-12 fins last year could have done a lot better and I'm also confident that this years team is a cut above the 2004 version. All I'm trying to say is that until Nick and Co. at least get their first win of the season let's not make any brash predictions. Making these bold statements can sometimes lead to dissapointment (case in point, when Boston was first signed how many people thought we were going to get better?......or another example, i remember reading this forum last off-season and look how things turned out).

I hope this doesn't sound too pessimistic because I am very excited for the upcoming season, I just think that these 'reminder' posts are needed every once in a while.

What good is this forum without making predictions? We're being arm-chair coaches. As an arm-chair coach and I say we make predictions!

Are you insane man?! Your making way too much sense! Do you think you can just come on this board and load up a post that uses reason & common sense and expect to get away with it?

- Serious , good post. Expect you punishment.

Im an idealist!!! Im gonna write a book on how we can make football a game full of love and compassion for fellow man.

I agree. It is a good start. But it is a long road. These are just the initial steps. We need to get much better, much deeper and better balanced in order to make real progress. Even when we had Ricky, and even when we were running up a string of playoff appearances, we were not a real threat in the playoffs, so as exciting as it is to have a good draft and be making those strides, enthusiam has to be at least kept in check. Hopefully Nick gets done what Jimmy and Dave could not. Been way too long removed from the glory years and it is time to make a concerted effort to find our way back to the top.

hey man good post, but let the people express their views. Let them believe that Crowder will outplay Zach. We're just a bunch of arm-chair quarterbacks.

Absolutely no problem with people expressing their views, thats why we're here. I was just expressing mine, as a 35 year Dolfan. Been way too long since we were a serious threat and I think (hope) we are on the way back. Thought the same when we hired Jimmy and that turned out to be a huge mistake. What was it, 62-7 loss to Jacksonville? Cost Dan, Jimmy, gave us Wannstadt, and it is time for fresh blood to turn our franchise around. I'm not a big follower of college ball, but Nicks record seems to speak for itself, so hopefully he makes the adjustment a starts the motor running.

nice post but what good is it being a fan if we cant have some fun and predict whats guna happen and have high hopes thats what its all about

Your right, that is what it's all about and I'd like nothing more than getting up into the 14-2, 13-3, home field throughout scenario. Think it's going to take a few years, and moreso going to take a "philosophy", which Nick seems to have. Keep your draft picks, build your team and turn them loose. I think the next few years can be very interesting if we follow the mold of Belichick and company. Not a bad mold to follow either IMHO. Being in the Northeast and dealing with Pats fans, they definitely have had reason to celebrate and I think it should be our turn. Fins 2005, "Beginning of the Return to Glory".

So negative... havent we had enough negativity the last year?

Nah, I think you are right, but its more fun to be optimistic. Because after all, like the commercials say, we are all undefeated now :)

phatmatt said:
Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of what has happened so far since Saban has taken over and I am pleased with how we made out in the draft (especially with our 1st three picks) but I don't think we should be making any statements about Roth being the SOD or Ronnie getting 2000 all purpose yards or Crowder outplaying Zach this year (or next year or the year after for that matter).

While all three picks are talented they have done absolutely nothing in the NFL yet. A list a mile long could be made of all the 'promising draft picks' teams have had over the years that never panned out. Optimism is good but let's stay in check here.....training camp hasn't even begun and we WERE the second worst team in the league last year (record wise at least).

Again, don't take this post the wrong way because I personally feel that the 4-12 fins last year could have done a lot better and I'm also confident that this years team is a cut above the 2004 version. All I'm trying to say is that until Nick and Co. at least get their first win of the season let's not make any brash predictions. Making these bold statements can sometimes lead to dissapointment (case in point, when Boston was first signed how many people thought we were going to get better?......or another example, i remember reading this forum last off-season and look how things turned out).

I hope this doesn't sound too pessimistic because I am very excited for the upcoming season, I just think that these 'reminder' posts are needed every once in a while.

BA HUMBUG!!! :rolleyes:

Oh whatever!!!

We will go 16-0

Brown will win the rushing title
Feeley will be the MVP.
Roth will miss out on the sack king by half a sack to Taylor who has 28.5
Crowder, well he will suffer an injury in week 6
Daniels he will lead the league in INT'S

Pessimist go away lol!!!

No seriously, we do have a ways to go. We have alot to prove and I am looking forward to predicting them to win every week:D

Back
Top Bottom