I thought the OL would be the PUTRID part..... I was wrong | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I thought the OL would be the PUTRID part..... I was wrong

I had high hopes for this defense all throughout the preseason and training camp. Man, after that game last Sunday they left a bad taste in my mouth. Better buckle up because it’s going to be a long season.

This team lost 62-7 in a playoff game and last time they played the ravens they lost 40 to zero. I can honestly say I've seen worst and I didn't even mention the monday night fiasco against the Jets. This is what a rebuild from the bottom up looks like and as a fan it's painful to watch but I perfer this than another 20 years of mediocrity. Again I say trade next years first for more draft capital in 2021. Upgrade talent with next years draft and go all in for Lawrence in 2021 regardless of how good Rosen plays.

This team lost 62-7 in a playoff game and last time they played the ravens they lost 40 to zero. I can honestly say I've seen worst and I didn't even mention the monday night fiasco against the Jets. This is what a rebuild from the bottom up looks like and as a fan it's painful to watch but I perfer this than another 20 years of mediocrity. Again I say trade next years first for more draft capital in 2021. Upgrade talent with next years draft and go all in for Lawrence in 2021 regardless of how good Rosen plays.

Regardless? Really?

I’m starting to think people don’t want Tua because of who he is, what he looks like, and where he’s from, which is pretty messed up.

That kid can be all world and they’d still hate him as a QB.

I’m starting to think people don’t want Tua because of who he is, what he looks like, and where he’s from, which is pretty messed up.

That kid can be all world and they’d still hate him as a QB.

If he turns out to be a great one he'll be beloved wherever he ends up.

Right now its mostly recency bias with that national championship performance sitting in the forefront of many fan's minds. And although its unfair a lot of people will be looking to Mayfield and Murray this year as measuring sticks for his professional potential. Its only natural to seek out like comparisons.

If he turns out to be a great one he'll be beloved wherever he ends up.

Right now its mostly recency bias with that national championship performance sitting in the forefront of many fan's minds. And although its unfair a lot of people will be looking to Mayfield and Murray this year as measuring sticks for his professional potential. Its only natural to seek out like comparisons.
There’s been other qbs in the past like him. There’s Steve Young who draws comparisons, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Brett Favre who was only 6’2”. I don’t get it.

What he looks like and where he's from?

I'm hoping you are wrong about that. I'd prefer it if Dolphin fans were better than that.

What he looks like and where he's from?

I'm hoping you are wrong about that. I'd prefer it if Dolphin fans were better than that.
Judging by some of the comments from some posters about his weight and how he was brought up, just seems like that’s why they hate the kid. Hawaiians are truly family oriented who respect their elders.

I found some of the anti-Kenny Stills posts concerning, but at least there was some doubt there because Kenny's stances were political as well as racial.
If someone is slamming Tua for his culture, then i think we have a problem...

And i say that as a guy who isnt convinced about Tua, but who he is isnt the issue... at all.

There’s been other qbs in the past like him. There’s Steve Young who draws comparisons, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Brett Favre who was only 6’2”. I don’t get it.

I hate playing the comparison game....everyone is unique. At the same time I get it. When you have no idea what a player will be in a different setting you look for similar traits in other players. If you want him to be great maybe you look to Young while another sees Manziel.

The success of Wilson has shamed a lot of GMs out there and the "prototypical" QBs don't have the pull they did in the past. Murray and Mayfield should be proof enough of that. Tua looks the part and there's a good reason most people have him #1 on their draft boards. I do think the big missing piece people want to see is him performing under pressure. What come first to mind when I think of him isn't the great accuracy or athleticism but the straight up duds he put up against Georgia and Clemson.

As an evaluator I would think you would want to see him come through for them against that rare team that Alabama isn't completely dominant at the line of scrimmage against. There's a long list of QBs that looked great when everything was going their way and fell apart under pressure. I seem to recall watching one for the last seven years in Miami.

The O-line is an abortion.... disaster should have been expected.

The defense looked respectable before that game...

Back
Top Bottom