I thought the OL would be the PUTRID part..... I was wrong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I thought the OL would be the PUTRID part..... I was wrong

Mr Fan

Realist Veritas
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The OL and offense in general was hardly impressive. However considering we traded our most valuable player (Tunsil) our supposed #1 WR, didn't resign our best RB it was not PUTRID.

Our OL with a bunch of rookies and guys who just arrived didn't look any worse than last year...seriously I know, it hurts to admit it. Fitzpatrick was Fitzpatrick not terrible.

It is the DEFENSE, holy moly they are bad.....

The DEFENSE, where #1 pick well didn't impress, our #1 last year seems to be spending too much time on South Beach.....this was where 59 points comes. Bobby McCain as a safety is shockingly bad in his angles and coverages. Our 17 Million man (Jones) was not much better.

Who would have thought...

If I had to list the single worst unit out there, I’d say pass rush. The reason Jackson was immaculate—as much as the blown coverages and missed assignments—was because he could stand there all day and throw. He wasn’t harassed in any way.

Jackson isn’t going to see so many blown coverages and no pass rush every week. Then we will see how he does. He may develop some confidence due to this cartoonish defensive performance but he may have a reality check when Brown is redirected at the line, Jackson is dealing with free blitzers from an exotic defensive scheme, etc

The OL and offense in general was hardly impressive. However considering we traded our most valuable player (Tunsil) our supposed #1 WR, didn't resign our best RB it was not PUTRID.

Our OL with a bunch of rookies and guys who just arrived didn't look any worse than last year...seriously I know, it hurts to admit it. Fitzpatrick was Fitzpatrick not terrible.

It is the DEFENSE, holy moly they are bad.....

The DEFENSE, where #1 pick well didn't impress, our #1 last year seems to be spending too much time on South Beach.....this was where 59 points comes. Bobby McCain as a safety is shockingly bad in his angles and coverages. Our 17 Million man (Jones) was not much better.

Who would have thought...
Actually, I predicted as much pre-game. I called the OL being bad but not nearly as bad as people expected, although this was actually better than I had hoped. I also called that before the end of the game everyone would be cursing our defense for being unbelievably bad. To enter a season without any pass rushers is suicide in today's passing NFL. Scheme can help, yes, and we have the scheme to do it, yes … but it's week 1 and nobody has a good handle on this system yet. And, there is no substitute for fast-twitch pass rushers. There's a reason they're drafted very high and paid very well. Even the best secondary will look bad without pressure on the QB.

Our secondary is actually pretty good, but they just avoided X. Howard, Reshad Jones, and didn't challenge Bobby McCain too much, and feasted on the Eric Rowe and Jomol Wiltz weaknesses all game, with a hefty dose of exposing Minkah Fitzpatrick often as well. Without pressure, Jackson was free to sit back there in a lawn chair sipping lemonade until one of his preferred matchups broke open. They always did, and he simply played pitch and catch in the absence of any pressure.

Moving Bobby made two positions weaker. He's not a FS and never will be. His best spot was slot corner so why move him? Then Minkah would like to settle somewhere but they keep moving him around which is another mistake.

Why is it we can see problems before they happen, and yet coaches do not? I don't think there is anyone on here that was in favor of McCain switching up positions?
Maybe they see it, but don't have a better option.

By now most people who actually watch NFL games should know the patriots brand of football.

They game plan EVERY game/team differently.

Flores & company have players that historically have struggled...

with basically the EXACT SAME GAME PLAN for an entire season.

Some of those guys are going to take some time to adapt & adjust.

Some, like Rashad will NEVER be able to adapt & adjust.

Well we did average 1.8 yrds per rush and kept Fitz bouncing around. So, not as horrible is kinda in the eye of the beholder. I guess when compared to the D, the OL looked fairly solid. Ugh...

Well I was told all offseason that the coaching on Defense HAD to be better. It was all burke's fault. I dont know what Flores is but we just dont have the talent on that side of the ball. It was my concern all offseason. This defense will probably be really bad again. Is it flores' fault? I dont know. Will say that Pats defense didnt miss a beat.

Dline is paper thin. LBs are unproven and small. Secondary is clearly missing parts. Just need talent.

They will bounce back this week, it's only 1 game.

Flores and Grier need more time before being judged, same with Minkah.

Like Parker, it can take some players a LONG time before the light comes on. Parker looks like a beast now and is the best receiver on this team as I've been saying since Juice left.

I'm glad we kept Parker despite him being a "bust", all that really matters from week 1 is the Texans lost!!!

Last edited:
From the 1st play the D was bad. And they were BAD across the board.

DL. LBs and DBs. Based on what was shown in preseason -- it was a hugely

disappointing performance.

But the "good news" is -- if we can't compete on the LOS (on either side of the ball)

we have a legitimate chance at perfection!

Inverse perfection.

Back
Top Bottom