I thought the OL would be the PUTRID part..... I was wrong | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I thought the OL would be the PUTRID part..... I was wrong

Maybe they see it, but don't have a better option.

I read all these people defending Sunday's performance because we had 14 new players brought in last week. However, we still had players playing out of position in the secondary. We knew we had players playing out of position in the secondary and yet we didn't make any major acquisitions there to address that problem.

I read all these people defending Sunday's performance because we had 14 new players brought in last week. However, we still had players playing out of position in the secondary. We knew we had players playing out of position in the secondary and yet we didn't make any major acquisitions there to address that problem.

And i see people stating we should have acquired better players. Who? You're not fixing many problems through the waiver wire.
This isn't madden.

I still don’t understand McCain at FS. So many things about his game at that position is wrong. Move him back to slot and kick Mikah back there.
They didn't know what to do with McMain..didn't like him at boundary or even slot. Thought he was decent communicator so they are trying safety. That really really concerns me with this stuff. Don't know what to do with a player so they just stick him at safety. sounds like a Matt Burke thing to do.

The Oline was also not good. I think Fitz and Rosen are better at recognizing pressure and moving around in the pocket (unlike RT17), so it didn't appear as bad. It will become apparent when Fitz has nowhere to run...standby !

They didn't know what to do with McMain..didn't like him at boundary or even slot. Thought he was decent communicator so they are trying safety. That really really concerns me with this stuff. Don't know what to do with a player so they just stick him at safety. sounds like a Matt Burke thing to do.

His best position is at the slot and that's not saying a whole lot. FS is a disastrous position for him and our defense. He breaks with every tackle, he doesn't have the foot speed, or natural instinct for the position. Ravens are killing us with the deep ball and his first instinct is to bite on a run play when you're the deep safety? WTF?

Clearly, coaching has a long way to go. But after the first deep ball i would have parked Mikah and Jones butt way back there and tell the Ravens you're going to have to run in order to beat us.

His best position is at the slot and that's not saying a whole lot. FS is a disastrous position for him and our defense. He breaks with every tackle, he doesn't have the foot speed, or natural instinct for the position. Ravens are killing us with the deep ball and his first instinct is to bite on a run play when you're the deep safety? WTF?

Clearly, coaching has a long way to go. But after the first deep ball i would have parked Mikah and Jones butt way back there and tell the Ravens you're going to have to run in order to beat us.
I agree 100 percent. He shouldn't be at free safety. I just heard that was the reasoning was that they didn't know where to put him. That concerns me that our staff would just place him somewhere because they didn't know what else to do with him. That is why I have no faith in this staff. It is a terrible decision...especially because they didn't know where to play him.

From the 1st play the D was bad. And they were BAD across the board.

DL. LBs and DBs. Based on what was shown in preseason -- it was a hugely

disappointing performance.

But the "good news" is -- if we can't compete on the LOS (on either side of the ball)

we have a legitimate chance at perfection!

Inverse perfection.

How many teams in the league are as stout as the Ravens on both sides of the LOS?

How many teams in the league are as stout as the Ravens on both sides of the LOS?

I already noted that... It's a viable point. But we flat out did not compete on the D side.

And looked disoriented doing it.

It was what it was.

Based on what I watched in preseason it was (let me be nice) disappointing to see the D

so thoroughly outclassed...

That said, I expect to see a better product as the season progresses.

I don't care about "wins" this year -- just development and the emergence of some young players.

Week 1 gave ZERO indication of that IMO. But of course it's just week 1.

We will know a lot more by week 8 and further down the line IF we have some legit youth beyond Williams.

I already noted that... It's a viable point. But we flat out did not compete on the D side.

And looked disoriented doing it.

It was what it was.

Based on what I watched in preseason it was (let me be nice) disappointing to see the D

so thoroughly outclassed...

That said, I expect to see a better product as the season progresses.

I don't care about "wins" this year -- just development and the emergence of some young players.

Week 1 gave ZERO indication of that IMO. But of course it's just week 1.

We will know a lot more by week 8 and further down the line IF we have some legit youth beyond Williams.

As soon as you "noted" that you should have just STOPPED and not proceeded any further.
Football 101 says the game begins and ends in the trenches.
You give any QB the opportunity with capable play makers time to stand back there and it's over and can get as ugly as it did sunday.

Thankfully, very few teams in this league have that type of talent on both sides of the ball. I fully expect in those games a much more contested game from beginning to end.

Very disappointed, especially seeing how well the defense performed in the 4 preseason games. I was expecting some multiple front, disguising and blitzing defense and witnessed a complete School Yard Defense against the Ravens. The word is out Throw at everyone but X on Miami's defense. There were so many busted coverages my head spun. No one knew what they were doing. Another couple of weeks of this bullcrap, I'll be wishing for the Ghost of Matt Burke!!

As soon as you "noted" that you should have just STOPPED and not proceeded any further.
Football 101 says the game begins and ends in the trenches.
You give any QB the opportunity with capable play makers time to stand back there and it's over and can get as ugly as it did sunday.

Thankfully, very few teams in this league have that type of talent on both sides of the ball. I fully expect in those games a much more contested game from beginning to end.

I saw BAD PLAY were I did not expect it. Not just DL or OL.

In fact the OL was probably "better" (less worse) than the D collectively!

Defense doesn’t show up with this o line you got zero chance. And I mean zero chance

Like must of us, I came into this season thinking that we finally had a decent coaching staff. Sure, it was only one game, BUT....seeing how bad our team performed in every single aspect of the game was something I did not see coming! I had said
to myself: well, maybe the caching staff knows someting we fans don't see in regards to moving Minkah around, putting a decent slot player into a free safety spot. Also moving our RT to the left side and inserting Davenport in his spot. Well.... I must say that none of those moves made any sense after the way the team performed on Sunday. Sure....sure...it was our first game, but I must confess I'm really worried about our coaching staff. I have been following this team since 1972 and I have never ever seen a PHINs team so utterly unprepared, uninspired, and under performed as what I saw Sunday.

Like must of us, I came into this season thinking that we finally had a decent coaching staff. Sure, it was only one game, BUT....seeing how bad our team performed in every single aspect of the game was something I did not see coming! I had said
to myself: well, maybe the caching staff knows someting we fans don't see in regards to moving Minkah around, putting a decent slot player into a free safety spot. Also moving our RT to the left side and inserting Davenport in his spot. Well.... I must say that none of those moves made any sense after the way the team performed on Sunday. Sure....sure...it was our first game, but I must confess I'm really worried about our coaching staff. I have been following this team since 1972 and I have never ever seen a PHINs team so utterly unprepared, uninspired, and under performed as what I saw Sunday.
I concur 1000% not the fact that we lost, but it was unwatchable

Back
Top Bottom