I thought this was interesting..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I thought this was interesting.....

We didn't select a DL either. I think that could have been a mistake...we selected 3 OL and 2 LBs, and a CB. I like the players we got except maybe Hadnot.

I hope we get Tommy Kelly as an undrafted free agent.

We needed to draft a DT so i hope we get Tommy Kelly. Its believed that TImbo might retire after this season or next so we should start grooming someone to take his place. I dont think Zgonina or Romero are the answer.

Wr was of course a suprise, but we did not pick when someone rick thought was better than the Tolvers, DTs and Newsom we already have were there

DL is suprising considering the Ogun situation I guess they like guys like Flemons, Ronald , Grigsby, Otis and Brown, Tony to help fill in for OGun if he sits

True, but I guess we haven't drafted a DL guy somewhere in the last 39 years whereas it looks like we haven't gone a single draft for the past 39 years without taking a RB, FB or WR.....at least that what it leads me to believe and if so, is interesting that Rick's philosiphy really changed the way we drafted last weekend.

I wanted a DT but by the time we picked in round 4 Poole was the best player we could take and by the time we picked again the DT's that'd have made sense were gone at that point. This is gonna be high on our list next off-season imo as well as MLB.

Ozzy rules!!

Iwas just thinking...The Fins gave players deadline of Sunday evening to sign w/ them. Its possible that we did sign him b/c theres no news of him and the Fins dont realse their UDFA till tomm. Also, its not in the players interest to wait too long and most players have committed by now to teams.

I understand and agreee with the concern. However we have decent depth now and who knows about next year. If timbo retires, we will have the draft and the FA market. I know both DT from Buffalo are in the last year of the contract (Pat Williams and blanking on the other). Buff also drafted a DT in the 3rd so they wont keep both or maybe either. Never know what tomorrow will bring so no need to worry too much about it. Prepare yes but sweat about possibilities no.

spielman is excited about the guys we have already. one being troy brown. i think thats his name. and theres another, but i cant think of his name off the top of my head.

dolphan39 said:
Wr was of course a suprise, but we did not pick when someone rick thought was better than the Tolvers, DTs and Newsom we already have were there

DL is suprising considering the Ogun situation I guess they like guys like Flemons, Ronald , Grigsby, Otis and Brown, Tony to help fill in for OGun if he sits

these are the guys. :goof:

finfan54 said:
spielman is excited about the guys we have already. one being troy brown. i think thats his name. and theres another, but i cant think of his name off the top of my head.
Troy Brown from the PATS?

Back
Top Bottom