I want the chargers G.M | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I want the chargers G.M

canefreek

Scout Team
Reaction score
I dont know his name but sitting here thinking about it.He has done a wonderful job recently.It all started with the vick trade which land them a franchise Running back in LT.Then in round two he drafted somebody I was screaming to take in Brees but no we had to get Fletcher.Then last year they totally pimp slapped the giants with the switching of the Qbs and getting another 1st rounder.In my opinion I think Rivers is better than eli anyway.and if they pull this trade off they will have 3 first rounders and the opportunity to add a gamebreaker in edwards.3 first rounders in one draft!!! could you imagine.We are trying to find a way to get a second and would get really excited if maybe even a 3rd.I know having 3 first rounders in one draft could potentially be rough on the cap.But imagine the leverage that you have.I was just sitting here thinking WOW!3 first rounders! that could be for us A qb a rb and ol/dl all in the first.nice to have huh.

You aint the only one you wants him.

I don't want to go thru that many crappy seasons to get to the point where
they had the opportunity(sp?)to accumalate so many high picks.

They're going to swap their first 1st rounder and Rivers for the #1, not just Rivers, so they will have two first rounders.

the Vick trade was John Buttler. RIP. AJ Smith is not bad either.

At this time last year most people thought the Chargers front office was one of the worst in the league...how times have changed.

He is darn good GM.This is what he said before the combines.

"At the combine, medical reports are the No. 1 thing for me," he says. "Guys dazzling people running around cones don't excite me. I'm a production guy. Show me a football player, and I don't care at what level. I don't want to hear: 'But he's so talented. We can coach him up.' "

Was it not Smith who wanted no part of David Boston, shipped him to Miami and even finagled $5 million out of the Dolphins in the process? Next to Moss, Boston is Father Flanagan. Smith is through dealing with malcontents and weirdos.

This is a man after my own heart.The malcontents,Weirdos,sickos and injury prone players are like ticking time bombs.They are going to disappoint you sooner or later and they take up valuable cap and roster space.

This something a lot of of GMs and even our own draft gurus never consider seriously.

They are seduced by apparent talent but that talent is not doing any good if those players cannot stay on the field.

I think a lot of Dol-fans would take any G.M. as long as it's not Rick. You do have a point thought, the S.D. G.M. has done a great job at turning around the francise.

ummm.....the same GM that draft LT and Brees is not the same as one that drafted Eli and traded for Rivers and a 1st rounder. The GM in 2001 passed on and there is a new guy now. I can't remember the GM in 2001 but he was suppose to have been one of the best. LT21, should know whom im talking about but i cant think of him right now

Back
Top Bottom