‘i Wanted It’: Miami Dolphins’ Jason Sanders Craved Having Game In His Hands | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘i Wanted It’: Miami Dolphins’ Jason Sanders Craved Having Game In His Hands

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

A touchdown would have been great, but the rookie didn’t mind in the least that the game came down to his right foot.
A miss and the Dolphins would have to settle for a tie and a week of thinking about what could have been.
A made field goal would be his first game-winner in the NFL.
“I wanted it — I always want an opportunity to go out there and kick a field goal,” Jason Sanders said after nailing a 47-yard attempt on the final play of overtime Sunday to give the Dolphins a 31-28 victory over the Chicago Bears. “The mentality I need to have is I want that kick. I can’t go out there scared. If I go out there scared, that’s when I end up missing.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/event...having-game-his-hands/9o3iXasQScCjoHIlkmTEhL/

Last edited:
I gotta admit... I thought we were sunk when chicago had the chance to win it because kickers never seem to miss those against us, but I really did think Parkey looked nervous, Sanders on the other hand looked calm and ready...

The kid isn't just squeaking his kicks in. He's splitting the uprights. His mental make-up seems to be good, and he has a good leg. So far, he look like the goods.

His 50 yarder hit more than half way up the net he blasted that thing. Maybe we found Legatron Jr. He was clutch
Which is why I thought it was weird to not let him kick it at the end of regulation. Would of been close to a 60 yarder, but hes got the leg. I get it if he missed Bears would be in good position. But damn, play to win right?

On one of the Bears boards last night, someone made the observation that they were beaten by a drafted rookie after the 4th highest paid kicker who Pace "stole" from the Fins crapped the bed.

As an aside, I saw Sanders being interviewed by Kim on the Fins 5th Quarter show and he made the point that kickers must think positively about making each one or risk becoming head cases. I've always said that kicking like golfing is mental: once you lose that positive expectancy and confidence, you're in trouble. Sanders seems to have the mental component pretty well figured out.

i really liked what i saw when he knew he was about to get his chance. he didnt look all serious like most, he looked like he was hyped and couldnt wait. very good sign

Which is why I thought it was weird to not let him kick it at the end of regulation. Would of been close to a 60 yarder, but hes got the leg. I get it if he missed Bears would be in good position. But damn, play to win right?
yea as a head coach myself i probably would have dont the same thing since there was around 30 sec left. if it was 5 sec left im sure the kid would have been given a shot. there is no doubt that he has the leg imo

Rizzi deserves a lot of credit for this guy. He was atrocious with accuracy in college yet Rizzi thought enough of his physical abilities to get him in the draft. With coaching and refinement he appears to be a great addition. He split the uprights from long distance twice yesterday with plenty of room to spare; Gase should trust him from the 55-60 range.

I gotta admit... I thought we were sunk when chicago had the chance to win it because kickers never seem to miss those against us, but I really did think Parkey looked nervous, Sanders on the other hand looked calm and ready...
I noticed Parkeys face as well and it looked very nervous before that kick.

Sanders was seriously jacked after the game winner. Well done rook!!

Back
Top Bottom