I was REALLY impressed today with... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was REALLY impressed today with...

Damn, I was at work and it seems that I missed a lot of good things today. I have to admit that I didn't give Simmons much of a chance to make the team but I guess I was wrong(I don't mind admiting to that) and overall I've been reading nothing but great things tonite.I still hope that we don't let Tolver go cos I think he'll be a good one.

Ozzy rules!!25 more days till the ozzfest!!

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan

Actually Norv said we have the potential to have a 1500+ yard rusher and 2 1000 yard receivers. We shall see. I put no stock in the pre-season what so ever. Ever since the Bills of the early 90's experienced "Club Marv" and usually lost 3 or all 4 of their pre season games, then came out on opening day and creamed their opponent 44-7, when I thought they sucked, I have felt this way.
Actually, WANNSTEDT DID say that we would be a top ten offense....You are right about what Norv said and possibly about the meaning of preseason but, PT was right with what he said too.;)

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan

Ever since the Bills of the early 90's experienced "Club Marv" and usually lost 3 or all 4 of their pre season games, then came out on opening day and creamed their opponent 44-7, when I thought they sucked, I have felt this way.

Well, wins / losses / scores are evidence of nothing because of what the purpose of preseason games are - slowly acclimating your starters, getting enough playing time for challenged positions, and weeding out the roster. But crisp play on offense this early, with nails, chambers and konrad out, is still crisp play.

I'll point McMicheal here too. He looked like he did at the beginning of last year. VERY nice catches at the sideline, Jay put it on the money too.

BTW, the last Norv Turner offense that got clicking real well, in 1999-

QB- Brad Johnson - 4000 yards
WR- Albert Connell - 1000 yards(Out of the league)
WR- Micheal Westbrook - 1000 yards(Out of the league)
RB- Stephen Davis- 1400 yards

We have more talent in those four positions IMO then they had.

Originally posted by Agua

Well, wins / losses / scores are evidence of nothing because of what the purpose of preseason games are - slowly acclimating your starters, getting enough playing time for challenged positions, and weeding out the roster. But crisp play on offense this early, with nails, chambers and konrad out, is still crisp play.

But let's not forget that this was a no tackling scrimmage. It makes it alot easier to stay in the paocket a little longer to make more throws knowing that you won't get your bell rung! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Danny
Damn, I was at work and it seems that I missed a lot of good things today. I have to admit that I didn't give Simmons much of a chance to make the team but I guess I was wrong(I don't mind admiting to that) and overall I've been reading nothing but great things tonite.I still hope that we don't let Tolver go cos I think he'll be a good one.

Ozzy rules!!25 more days till the ozzfest!!

I dont care what anyone says, tolver is a keeper. If simmons shows more good stuff in teh coming weeks, i wouldnt be afraid to send mcnight packing but i think we have our 5 WR's and i dont think we will be carrying 4.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
BTW, the last Norv Turner offense that got clicking real well, in 1999-

QB- Brad Johnson - 4000 yards
WR- Albert Connell - 1000 yards(Out of the league)
WR- Micheal Westbrook - 1000 yards(Out of the league)
RB- Stephen Davis- 1400 yards

We have more talent in those four positions IMO then they had.

lets face it, injuries killed us last year, it effected everything. i mean, the bills manhandled us by soley going after ricky. they didnt have to worry about anything else.

Originally posted by finfan54

lets face it, injuries killed us last year, it effected everything. i mean, the bills manhandled us by soley going after ricky. they didnt have to worry about anything else.
the first game they stopped ricky but the second game, they couldnt ricky, he was a major beast in that game with snow too...

Back
Top Bottom