"I will be the hardest worker, and the most competitive guy they have ever seen" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I will be the hardest worker, and the most competitive guy they have ever seen"

I just talked to his high school coach who is one of my good friends. I am told that he is the best athletes he has ever seen. I am excited to see him on the field. San Diego puts out some good athletes and i think this guy could possibly be a steal. Go Point Loma High alum Jimmy Wilson!

Point Loma, I used to live out there. Point Loma High School, also put out former Yankees pitcher David Wells and former Eagle, Eric Allen.

Jimmy will make this team, possibly even a starter, we haven't had a "Thumper" in the secondary since............Gene Atkins?
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Doesn't VD still play for us?

I'm rooting overtime for this guy; my son's been in some serious trouble - mostly not of his doing other than making some bad choices along the way; he hasn't come out of it unscathed, but he's a better, more appreciative and productive person for it. So I can relate.

I'm rooting overtime for this guy; my son's been in some serious trouble - mostly not of his doing other than making some bad choices along the way; he hasn't come out of it unscathed, but he's a better, more appreciative and productive person for it. So I can relate.

just heard tidbits about the story how he blew somebodies head off with a shotgun
because they were abusing a women.. sounds justified..
i need to read the whole thing i may be off here..

I think this will help create the perception
of a fear factor with wide receivers that go up against him..
How many other guys in the league are playing and have been known to shoot somebody?
Our secondary deserves a name that's how good i expect them to play next year..

just heard tidbits about the story how he blew somebodies head off with a shotgun

How many other guys in the league are playing and have been known to shoot somebody?

From the story I heard that was told verbally on ESPN, he was getting ready to go up to his school for summer workouts. He stopped by his grandmothers house before he left so he could say goodbye. Then, they got a call from his aunt saying that her boyfriend was beating the living daylights out of her, so he went over there. He was met at the doorstep with a rifle pointed into his face. There was a struggle, the gun went off, and the aunt's boyfriend was dead. He sat in a prison cell because he couldn't post bond, and because of an 11-1 ruling, he sat in there for another year until he finally had a 12-0 ruling from the jury, acquitting him of all charges.

Nobody will ever know the entire story, or the exact events that occurred. Instead of ridicule him, we should understand that we will likely never know what it is like to go through something like that. Like somebody else posted, 23 out of 24 in these two trials thought he was innocent, and that is good enough for me.

Oh great. Marshall better watch his back ;).

Davone Bess is a guy people rooted for from day 1 . . . troubled past, went undrafted, and now he is arguably a top 5 slot WR in the game.

Nothing wrong with hoping a kid who had a rough patch in his life turns it around and contributes. Even if it is just on special teams, who cares . . . its better than raggin on every pick the Fins make. Any optimism is good optimism towards players.
True he had a troubled past, his was a whole lot different. He was only caught with stolen stuff. Plus he never abused anyone AND he never had anger issues.

That is good to hear about Wilson. A Montana publication I read about him said he would probably not be drafted because of his prison stint, but it doesn't sound like he was at fault.

Fta:
"it was a bad relationship but i knew the man, he was still the father of those two kids and i think she felt once he sobered up in a couple of hours it would be ok," wilson said. "but him urinating on her, that was just inhuman. I just thought i needed to get her and the children away from him. She didn't want the cops called. Her being a foster child, she always worried about those kids being taken away from her and becoming foster children themselves."

I have a feeling he might be a surprise. Not many 7th round CB/S make it in this league. From what it sounded like he probably would have been a high draft pick had he not got in trouble. He might end up a special team contributer right away but who knows. It will be fun to watch...

I have a feeling he might be a surprise. Not many 7th round CB/S make it in this league. From what it sounded like he probably would have been a high draft pick had he not got in trouble. He might end up a special team contributer right away but who knows. It will be fun to watch...

It'd be great if he and Carroll could progress and learn from Will Allen how to man the slot while he's still around. Our secondary could be insane in a few years if you think about the potential..

Vontae
Smith
Carroll/Wilson
Allen till he's too old
Then Ness who isn't bad himself, as the 6th CB, or future 5th depending on Will's career

Clemons at FS
Reshad at SS
Bell backing up everyone, including linebackers.. I mean face it, he's getting up there and Clemons has more range I think, and Reshad has shown to be pretty beastly when given a chance to play..

Back
Top Bottom