I will catch hell for this, but.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I will catch hell for this, but....

Super_Duper85 said:
I will concede that the timing is bad and that maybe he should have met the franchise half way and played out the season, but he is not wrong for doing what he did. What if he didn't play football. Let's say he was working for a company and decided to quit. What's the big deal. People do it all that time. People need to quit being so fickle and play some John Madden or something.
With all due respect...your point is asinine...we all have commitments as ADULTS...we don't leave people who count on us in such a bad predicament. O f course he has a right to choose to retire...but that comes with strings. You said it may have come at a bad time...you couldn't pick a WORSE time...what choices do we have AFTER the draft and AFTER free agency. I have respect for a man who has beliefs and follows them I have no respect for a man who shows no commitment...no respect for the people who pay him...and the people he calls teammates. What hedid was WRONG...no two ways about it...not FOR retiring...but the WAY he retired.

LABillzFan said:
Here's the problem with your thinking. A company doesn't typically comprise 50,000 people each paying thousands of dollars out of their own pocket to see a superstar perform for their company.

If you bought season tickets, you should get your money back because there is only way way to slice it: straight down the middle...Ricky screwed you and has absolutely no respect for the people who put him in this financial position in the first place.

Ricky Williams fans have a problem with what he's done. Miami Dolphin fans will get over it and move on. I'm a fan of the TEAM of which RW is no longer a part of.

Sorry, but people don't just up and quit. Most of the time, if you just up and quit, you are never allowed back with that company. Most people give a notice so the company/employer can take measures to replace you.

I was accepted into medical school in March. My last day at work is this coming Friday. I let them know 4 months ago that I was leaving so they could bring students in and have them train under me. I didn't just up and quit on them, but I have a level of personal responsibility that Ricky Williams obviously lacks.

Den54 said:
Ricky Williams fans have a problem with what he's done. Miami Dolphin fans will get over it and move on. I'm a fan of the TEAM of which RW is no longer a part of.
And I'm a fan of the TEAM in which RW SCREWED OVER. :fire:

KBISBACK. Yes, but telling your employer in advanced also has strings attahced because they could get rid of you on the spot if you told them you were going in a different direction. I have seen it happen at my job before. What people need to realize is that Ricky didn't intentionally want to screw the fans.

Phinz4Life said:
And I'm a fan of the TEAM in which RW SCREWED OVER. :fire:

So what does being angry or disapointed accomplish? Nothing.
Change can be a good thing and if you've been a fan of this team for long you should be used to it.

Den54 said:
Man you got issues if thats how you feel.
:shakeno:

Well excuse me if I don't see how anyone can feel much different than that...

I'm afraid I can't look at someone elses sugar-coated perspective of this scenerio and just accept it.

Rickys actions left us all high and dry, and that's all there is to it. It was unexpected, and uncalled for. It was a slap in the face to all of us. It's disgusting.

Super_Duper85 said:
What people need to realize is that Ricky didn't intentionally want to screw the fans.

You, just like the rest of us, have no idea of Ricky's intentions. So don't go making obscene comments like that. Unless you know Ricky on a personal level, you have no idea what his motives, or intentions were, when doing this.

He claims he was just tired of football? Come on now. I highly doubt that is even the half of it.

Dolphinizzle said:
Well excuse me if I don't see how anyone can feel much different than that...

I'm afraid I can't look at someone elses sugar-coated perspective of this scenerio and just accept it.

Rickys actions left us all high and dry, and that's all there is to it. It was unexpected, and uncalled for. It was a slap in the face to all of us. It's disgusting.

Relax. Ricky Williams is not bigger then the TEAM. The team will regroup and in fact will most likely be forced into being more creative with the offence.
No sugar-coated perspective here. I just refuse to waste energy towards this.
I'm excited about this up coming season.

Dolphinizzle said:
You, just like the rest of us, have no idea of Ricky's intentions. So don't go making obscene comments like that. Unless you know Ricky on a personal level, you have no idea what his motives, or intentions were, when doing this.

He claims he was just tired of football? Come on now. I highly doubt that is even the half of it.

Obscene?lol. Like you just said, you have no idea about his motives or intentions so I will wait to see how this shakes out. Imo this is about something much bigger then wanting to smoke pot or whatever. I think he may be on some personal spiritual quest. If thats the case more power to him.

Super_Duper85 said:
KBISBACK. Yes, but telling your employer in advanced also has strings attahced because they could get rid of you on the spot if you told them you were going in a different direction. I have seen it happen at my job before. What people need to realize is that Ricky didn't intentionally want to screw the fans.

In some cases, that might be the case. Not if you are good at what you do though.

Den54 said:
Relax. Ricky Williams is not bigger then the TEAM. The team will regroup and in fact will most likely be forced into being more creative with the offence.
No sugar-coated perspective here. I just refuse to waste energy towards this.
I'm excited about this up coming season.

As am I a fan of the team. And I still have faith that they will do well, with out without RW. Like most fin fans, who have idolized the man since he's come to Miami, I can't help but feel betrayed. And with that, I also can't help but voice my anger. Give me a few hours to get it all out, and I'll get back to focusing on the TEAM. That ok with you?

It just really kills me to see some Fin Fans defending his actions. That just makes no sense to me. What did he do, that was the least bit excusable?

Dolphinizzle said:
As am I a fan of the team. And I still have faith that they will do well, with out without RW. Like most fin fans, who have idolized the man since he's come to Miami, I can't help but feel betrayed. And with that, I also can't help but voice my anger. Give me a few hours to get it all out, and I'll get back to focusing on the TEAM. That ok with you?

Sorry if I disrespected your right to feel a certain way. I understand really I do. Its just that I learned about 10 years ago that if I'm going to be a fan of this team that it was going to be a roller coaster ride. They have'nt proven me wrong yet. :D

Ricky is only 27. He could be doing the same things as he wants to do now at 28 with even more money. He would have given 6-7 months to football then retired.

There is no excuse he could give that will satisfy most of us.

This is a tragedy. Now we have given up 2 first rounders for a guy who doesn't "feel" like playing anymore. What a monumental lack of accountability and responsibility from this imbecile. Ricky is showing nothing less than contempt for the fans who paid to see him and a successful team, he team (who he know rely on his skills) and his coaches. Ricky could have announced this earlier thus giving the Fins a legitimate shot at Cory Dillion, Eddie George...... He doesn't even have shame. Disgraceful !!!

Back
Top Bottom