" I wish he was a better quarterback" - Ross on Rosen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

" I wish he was a better quarterback" - Ross on Rosen

This is why you tell players not to pay attention to fan boards and social media. Little things that are a non-issue get blown up and take on a life of their own when really it's no big deal. If the team was already convinced that Rosen was the qb to lead them to a Super Bowl he would have been playing and they wouldn't be chasing a qb early in the draft. Ross didn't say Rosen couldn't play in the NFL or even couldn't eventually be a starter. He just said "We have a Jewish qb,, Josh Rosen. I wish he was a better qb maybe we would be playing today (in the Super Bowl)." He could have said the exact same thing about FItzpatrick if someone asked if there were any Irish qbs.

If Finheaven was a bar and this discussion was going on at one table you might try to explain to people the difference from what was said and how it's being discussed, but after awhile you just lower your head and walk away from the table.

Last edited:
Well you can throw "it was a good value trade" out the window. I didnt like Rosen coming out of college and I sure didnt like him after his first year in te league. I dont care what "value" people saw in him. I see a 2nd and 5th rounder Id like back.

Trade him or release him. I don't care. That ship has sailed.

Amazing that people who are so successful in making money are complete morons when it comes to common sense and human interaction. He needs to be more silent as an owner because every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid. Talk about killing trade value. oof.

This was an interview that was prior to the Super Bowl. I don't think that was as much of a jab at Rosen as people think or are making this out to be. The question was are there any Jewish players in the league. Ross said yes Rosen is jewish. "We have a jewish qb, Josh Rosen. I wish he was a better qb maybe we would be playing today." as in maybe they would be playing in the Super Bowl. It was more of a light harted statement than a slam at Rosen.

Valuable context. That very much changes the tone if he means super bowl.

Still not a great look. I agree with the poster who said they’ve definitely joked about Rosen behind closed doors

I'm sure teams were calling the Dolphins phone off the hook for Rosen till those comments.

His value tanked one year into his contract. Top 10 pick as a QB and Arizona only had Miami offering a 2nd.
He starts a few games here and gets benched.

Other GMs and coaches aren't going to be listening to an Owner talk about a player and take it as gospel. They review the tape and maybe reach out to former coaches/players of said player they are interested in.

While what Ross said wasn't great, let's be real, they didn't hurt his value. Maybe hurt Rosens feelings, but that's it.

If he said he was the best young QB in the NFL, it wouldn't have increased his trade potential. His tape is out there, he was terrible for AZ and got benched in Miami. Not saying he sucks or can't get better but perception has been set on him these last 2 years.
Fair enough. Damn, I always hated this trade. Now lets just pray history doesn't repeat itself. Redskins draft Tua, Dolphins pass on QB, Dolphins trade 2nd for Haskins. My new draft nightmare.

But... he was so good in the limited time he played this year! He almost scored double digit points against Dallas if not for DA DROPZ!!! We benched him to protect him from our offensive line and should be ready to unleash him on the league this year!

Yikes. Interesting timing on that statement. Not something you'd usually hear an owner say.

In December Bruce Arians said of Jameis Winston: “If we can win with this [quarterback], we can definitely win with another one, too.”

lol rosen. i almost feel bad for the kid. almost...

Not a smart thing to say, even if true, what are you trying to achieve here ? Hardly great motivation for a young player trying to find his way. Diminishing further his trade value (if he had any at all).

Back
Top Bottom