" I wish he was a better quarterback" - Ross on Rosen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

" I wish he was a better quarterback" - Ross on Rosen

I wish Ross was either a better quarterback evaluator or an owner who opened his mouth less. But what are you gonna do?

I agree up to a point. If your QB is a Dak, Tannehill, Jimmy G, Cousins type you're definitely better off replacing them rather than spend the $30-40 mil/yr.

If your QB is a truly elite guy like a Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, or Mannning, you gladly pay them because they're easily worth it.

Right... but if you are constantly developing you aren’t forced to overpay a Tannehill or Dak!

I really think the smart will start doing this... which really is the Ron Wolfe philosophy he used very well!

That's what I heard too, I'm thinking he misspoke on one end ...maybe meant to say "I wish I was a better Quarterback, maybe I'd be playing today" because the question was about more jewish players in the NFL
Yeah, I listed to it a few times, to see if that's what he said, but it's clear he meant one or the other, and not both. Obviously, many of these people will choose to hear it the other way.

Right... but if you are constantly developing you aren’t forced to overpay a Tannehill or Dak!

I really think the smart will start doing this... which really is the Ron Wolfe philosophy he used very well!

One more qualification . . . warning: I'm going to beat a dead horse. There are not enough 'average' QBs for 32 teams. More like 25. Someone HAS to and WILL overpay for 'average.' I agree with your point, but "developing" doesn't mean the guy being devloped is going to be average, or even a starter. And, often, that won't be known til he IS a starter.

You could take the blood of Marino, Elway, Unites, Brady, Montana, Favre, and Peyton Manning, mix it together and make a QB, and that qb wasn't taking that roster to a super Bowl.

I haven't read this entire thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned already. We don't know Ross's intent. I could see Ross saying that meaning if Rosen was better, he would be the future. As such, all this talk about Miami using one of its first round picks on a QB this year would be a moot point. The Dolphins would have their QB plus a slew of draft picks (all of which could be concentrated to fortify another part of the football team, instead of the team using one of those picks to take a QB that may or may not miss).

Ross, the Big Eared Clown, proves he's still got "it!'

At least he's not being anti-semantic!

One more qualification . . . warning: I'm going to beat a dead horse. There are not enough 'average' QBs for 32 teams. More like 25. Someone HAS to and WILL overpay for 'average.' I agree with your point, but "developing" doesn't mean the guy being devloped is going to be average, or even a starter. And, often, that won't be known til he IS a starter.

Go back and look at the QB’s Ron Wolfe drafted, developed and traded for great value!

I wish Ross was either a better quarterback evaluator or an owner who opened his mouth less. But what are you gonna do?

I guess that’s why he pays “football minds” better than having a Jerry Jones. I also recall he wanted the NFL MVP.

"I wish he was a better QB. Maybe I'd be playing today."

What does that mean?

It's an interview before the superbowl and before one of the questions was "why aren't you in the superbowl?"

It's an interview before the superbowl and before one of the questions was "why aren't you in the superbowl?"

LOL. That among other things needing to fall in place. Even if Rosen shined, our roster was nowhere near enough to get to the Super Bowl this year.

Yeah, I listed to it a few times, to see if that's what he said, but it's clear he meant one or the other, and not both. Obviously, many of these people will choose to hear it the other way.

He was talking about Rosen, who is also jewish. And when he said playing today he was talking about playing in the Super Bowl, which is when the interview took place. H was basking joking around and saying if Miami had a better qb maybe they would be playing the Super Bowl instead of the Chiefs. It was really no big deal, but especially when you're talking about your backup qb. He could have easily said the same thing about Fitzpatrick if someone asked about Irish qbs.

If I was Flores, I would release Fitzpatrick and let Rosen and whomever they drafted to compete for the Job, because it seem as though the OL is going to be much better, Rosen wasn't bad last season he just couldn't up without being assaulted on every play, why do you think Fitzpatrick was running for? certainly not to catch the Ice cream truck.

Back
Top Bottom