I wish we could wear our throwback uniforms once a year! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wish we could wear our throwback uniforms once a year!

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I love these old throwback uniforms! I wished all teams would wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiviving weekend.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

P.S. sorry about posting Ricky & Fiedler pics...just showing off the uniforms. :wink:

The only thing i dont like about the old school, is the shoulder numbers, i dont like how they have that orange behind em'. I think thats ugly....Other than that. Yea i love em'!

WestVirginiaFan said:
The only thing i dont like about the old school, is the shoulder numbers, i dont like how they have that orange behind em'. I think thats ugly....Other than that. Yea i love em'!

Yeah I'm not a big fan of that either.

I LOVE those old-school unis. If i could get a Marino or Duper one of those I'd go nuts. IMO we should just go back to the old unis from the 70s/80s....bring back a relic of the golden age of Dolphin football (plus they just look so dang good, lol)

Boone said:
I love these old throwback uniforms! I wished all teams would wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiviving weekend.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

P.S. sorry about posting Ricky & Fiedler pics...just showing off the uniforms. :wink:
would love to see us wear the throwbacks against the haiders in the black hole this year...then it would look like old school football again...that would be cool

would love to see us wear the throwbacks against the haiders in the black hole this year...then it would look like old school football again
have they had the same jerseys since the 80's???...lol

WestVirginiaFan said:
clear.gif
clear.gif

Pretty close...lol
Funny you put that pic of Plunkett up...I met him and his wife in a bar in New Orleans during the week of the 2001 Superbowl and Mardi Gras and another old school Patriots player who he called his dentist I thought was funny...I gave him a 1 dollar bill to sign and he asked me for a 100.00 bill...I told him if he was Marino would come up with the cheese he just laughed...LOL

I like the old unis myself and would like to see our fins in them once every year. It just seems like it gives our players a little spark whenever we wear them.

The throwbacks we wore against Dallas are CLOSE, but not exactly right. The sleeve #s were lower back then, they were where the trademark is on the new ones. The orange background is an artifact of sewn-on twill numbers and would be right if the outer edging was larger than it is, but the enclosed #s did fill in that way. When the twill sewn-on #s were on the jersey (1970-72), the sleeves had NO stripes. Those twill numbers were NOT used with the 5-stripe heat transfer like those throwbacks have. Once the heat-transfer #s and stripes came into being, the closed-in solid orange went away and the jerseys assumed the classic design seen from 1974-1986. Very commonly seen in photos.

An additional bit of trivia... the 1972 undefeated team wore a hybrid, mishmash jersey design of stripes vs. no stripes and sewn-on vs. heat Xfer numbers. Sometimes a player would wear 1 type of jersey in one game and another type the next week. Look at old 1972 photos CLOSELY. Some players have sleeve stripes and some don't. There was NO standard throughout the glory years, the design only got settled in 1974.

Back
Top Bottom