I wonder what would happen here if we lost a game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wonder what would happen here if we lost a game

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
From the tone of this board, it seems like we lost a game, when in fact we won a road game. All I hear are people complaining about Jay Fiedler. I don't hear anything about how well our defense played. There is nothing about the 2 sacks Jason Taylor got, or the 2 interceptions Sam Madison got. Was the win ugly today? Yeah, maybe it was. Did we get too many penalties? Yeah, but we won.

The complaining about Jay's play needs to end. He wasn't bad today. You can wish for Griese all you want, but he will not get Jay's job. Fiedler plays with more heart than any QB in the NFL and he deserves some respect.

I seriously wonder what will happen here if we lose a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda wish it was like last season here. Remember how we would win a game, and this board would be all happy, no complaints, just everyone having a good time. Of course, we'd lose, and people would be pissed, but then it wouldn't even be as bad as it is now.......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I kinda wish it was like last season here. Remember how we would win a game, and this board would be all happy, no complaints, just everyone having a good time. Of course, we'd lose, and people would be pissed, but then it wouldn't even be as bad as it is now.......

Well, last year we won games differently. In our wins, Ricky would have 150 yards, we would have perfect passing games with no drops, Taylor would have 3 sacks, we didn't allow any yardage, etc. This year, our receivers drop balls, Ricky doesn't get the yardage, and our offensive line can't do anything.

Our defense is allowing yardage but not letting anyone score. I think we are first in the league right now in points allowed per game. Taylor wasn't getting his sacks until today, he got 2 today. However, neither were really your "normal sack." One was a forced fumble and the other was falling on Leftwich after the play.

I prefer this year to last year. I would rather win ugly then lose with Ricky running for 200 yards.

Stat sheet shows 1 sack, I don't think they counted his fall on Leftwich as a sack......

I understand how this season is different, but I still prefer the positive outlook we had last season......

I just think people are becoming impatient... just wait for more Wins and it will get better... it can only get better :cool:

ice blizzard, If our defense had not played so good with the picks and fumble recoveries, we would have been a world of s..t today. I think we probably would have lost the game. You can't expect the defense to come up with 4 or 5 turnovers every game.

well, after we WON and our record shows 4-1, we don´t have to talk about it....

Originally posted by BATMAN
ice blizzard, If our defense had not played so good with the picks and fumble recoveries, we would have been a world of s..t today. I think we probably would have lost the game. You can't expect the defense to come up with 4 or 5 turnovers every game.

Why not Batman? Why can't we expect it? Don't we have an entire secondary loaded with Pro Bowl DB's? Don't we have two of the very best DT's along with the sack leader, and Pro Bowl DE in Jason Taylor manning the right side of that line? What about two sure fire HOF's at linebacker?

Not to mention the fact that the defense is highly paid to do exactly what they did today.

I am so so tired of hearing..."yea but if...."

Obivously, if we lose, it would be the end of the world and Jay Fiedler would be hung from the rafters. ;)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

The complaining about Jay's play needs to end. He wasn't bad today.

Yes, in fact, he was bad. He and Wanny have both acknowledged he had problems. EVERYONE who has any shred of objectivity who watched the game know he played bad against the Jags. The only people defending him are those in denial.

Originally posted by BATMAN

It's about time our D earned their pay checks.

Oliver...

Qb, is definitely not our strongest point, but the O-line is definetely the weakest. It all starts up front, and until they can halfway perform like they should, the whole offense will suffer.

This is easy to answer. We beat a team that has only won one game all year. Great we won. But we are not looking good in the process.

As the rest of us look ahead to more difficult teams coming in, we see danger lurking. We have not beaten anybody worth a spit this year. I thought the Buffalo win was a statement. But now we are seeing just how bad Buffalo is. Until we put it together and beat someone, a quality opponent, some of us won't feel secure. Because we know December is lurking along with the hardest part of our schedule.

We are not capable of beating a KC or Denver right now. Face ti we just have to get better in the passing game or we will be home for Christmas again.

Back
Top Bottom