"I would be mad about the trade we made if _____ were there at #8" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I would be mad about the trade we made if _____ were there at #8"

What happens if Maxwell and Alonzo both play at a Pro Bowl level and Miami still gets Elliot at 13. What will you all complain about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If, if, if. Still a **** trade and a waste of a 1st pick on a RB when we could have just re-signed our good one and addressed another hole rather than creating a new one. On the bright side, it would mean we finally have a DC that can mask deficiencies, much like they masked Maxwell's enough in Seattle to land him an elite contract when he's certainly not elite. At that point, I'd be thinking, "man, if he can get Maxwell to look this good, imagine what he could have done with Hargreaves or, better yet, Ramsey?"

The trade was idiotic regardless. One of the many reasons why is because it is likely one of those will slip. With 2 QBs assured to go, the need for teams to stock up on pass rushers and ot, some badly run team potentially taking elliot and the fact that there are always surprises one of those 4 elite players of need for us dropping to 8 is extremely possible. We should ALL be VERY unhappy when one of them does. It's going to make draft day absolutely brutal.

I think you mean, "in your opinion" unless of course you have a crystal ball and you know how it all will play out. Just saying

Methinks you grossly underestimate the talent of Kiko Alonso. We haven't had a really decent middle linebacker since Zach Thomas retired and if fully healthy, Kiko has the natural talent to fix a perennial problem. 2nd year back after his surgery, he will be better than what he showed in Philadelphia. Mogwai - I greatly respect your views, but Maxwell is fired up and should be OK and hopefully we still get a decent player at #13. Feel free to chargrill me if I'm wrong. I think that Tannenbaum may have negotiated a good deal.

Wh wh what? Do you realize what you just did? It has become "politically correct" to be negative in this newsgroup. I think will let you off this time with just a warning, but next time try to be more careful. No optimism!:up:

I think you mean, "in your opinion" unless of course you have a crystal ball and you know how it all will play out. Just saying

Not sure I understand the point of this post. The majority of posts on a message board are opinions. IMO, writing "IMO" is a bit redundant, but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Sure, if Maxwell and Alonso turn into all-pros it will have been a good trade. But this isn't Vegas, it's not like you can say, "pick a player, honey" and roll the dice. You need to do things that make sense if you want things to work out for you. We sent the equivalent of a 2nd rounder to Philly for those two, partly (so they say) in the name of gaining compensatory picks, the highest of which will be a 3rd at the bottom of the round. Compare that with what other vets are worth in a trade. heck, Norman didn't even fetch anything higher than a 3rd (the logic is that the Panthers will get a compensatory 3rd for him, so nothing higher was on the table for them)!

I was annoyed about the maxwell trade when I thought swapping 4ths was too high. But giving up 8th for another teams unwanted trash was all time bad

Yes... "in my opinion." Welcome to forums and basic human interaction.

We aren't going any damn place with TannenBUM running the team anyway. It's all a moot point until TannenBUM is gone and Ross sells the fricken team.

IMHO, there are only 6 blue chip prospects in this draft. Of interest to us they really would be Jalen Ramsey, Joey Bosa and Myles Jack. Ramsey was never making it to us at #8. Bosa was never making it to us either, and because he is the genetic lineage to both John Bosa and Eric Kumerow I seriously doubt Tannenbaum wanted to draft him. If he wasn't a success the vitrol would be a tidal wave. So, that leaves the injured Myles Jack. The only way Jack makes it to us is if the scouts whispers of his knee being a "time bomb" were correct. Personally, I think those are smokescreens and he goes before #8 as well.

But, if we want to take a chance on injured greatness, why not take Jaylon Smith in round 3? Our success rates in round 3 aren't great anyway, we would be paying him considerably less, and if he doesn't get healthy until year 3 we still have a great pick. Literally the only downside is if he never recovers (less likely) or he recovers in year 4 when his contract comes up and says "F U Dolphins I want the money!" (also seems unlikely from the Notre Dame kid). I think he will be a long term steal who can play Mike or Will, stay on the field for all 3 downs, camouflage a defensive coordinator's plans because he can drop into coverage, blitz, pursue, shed, fill and all of the things you really want from a LB. He reminds me of a combo of a young Brian Urlacher and Bobby Wagner. I'll buy a lottery ticket for that skill set. While we need a CB and OG in rounds 1 and 2 respectively (IMHO), I'll gladly pay a 3rd rounder for that lottery ticket.

I don't believe it was a bum deal....we filled two needs with potential starters that have a better chance percentage wise imo to contribute immediately to our team...we didn't give up a draft pick...so we still have a chance to add a third potential starter to our team in a draft that isn't all that strong after pick 5 or 6 anyway...

many of you have already said incessantly we are not one or two players away from being solid...don't really get the beef with the trade...whether they work out or not at this point is speculation...so are draft picks...at least with these guys we know they can play the game

Big ifs but if Kiko is healthy and Maxwell gets back to his 2015 form as well as the Dolphins always liking Apple or Jackson III better than Hargreaves the trade makes sense. Big ifs!!

This means they get one of the players they wanted and 2 other starters.

For me it's Jack though. Good coverage LB's seem rare (especially to us) and you need them. Seems like he'd have been a great piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom