I would give a 3rd and a 4th/5th for Boldin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would give a 3rd and a 4th/5th for Boldin

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I dont know why so many people are against giving away later draft picks. The players that 95% of the time contribute are taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Here is a look at the past 10 drafts and who weve taken in the 3rd , 4th and 5th rounds

00-Ben Kelly , Deon Dyer , Arturo Freeman --Kelly and Dyer were out of the league in 3 years with no contributions and Freeman didnt fare much better.

01--Travis Minor, Morlon Greenwood, Draper. --Greenwood made some tackles but nothing special and Minor was a good 3rd down back.

02--Seth McKinney, Randy McMichael, Omare Lowe

03--Wade Smith, Taylor whitley, Donald Lee, Jr Tolver

04--Will Poole, Tony Bua

05--Crowder, Travis daniels, Anthony Alabi

06--Derek Hagan, Joe Toledo

07--Booker, solai

08--Langford, Shawn Murphy

09--Pat Turner, Hartline, Nalbone

Langford, Hartline, Crowder are really the only ones worth mentioning. DO you guys think for some reason that we will magically get great starters in these rounds now. I would give any of these players for Boldin. He has outproduced all of them. A 3rd and a 4th/5th with our history of players taken then would be ripping the cards off. I would give them a 3rd and 4th plus Porter if they would take it. And I am assuming we will get our 5th back from a player like Thigpen. If not then do a 6th. But the point is our 3rd-7th round picks are never as good as Boldin. We have been lacking a true #1 since Duper and Clayton. Welker was never a 1 and neither was Chambers, MCDuffie, Gadsen. We need some playmakers.

why stop there,I mean theres a very realistic chance Arizona can ask for more than a 4th or 5th....maybe we should throw in all three 6th round picks,just to sweeten the deal.....yea,that'll work,I mean,it's not like we can find another Yeremiah Bell or something....

good job we dont have a 5th then...............

You cant use OUR drafts as a basis for your arguement. Our later picks didnt contribute, most of our EARLIER picks didnt contribute. Our FO for most of the decade was a joke.

What do winning franchises do with later picks?

Porter and a 3rd for Boldin and their 6th is being more than generous for an injury prone WR who's at a point where his impressive skills will only start eroding - especially since he's honed in on getting close to Larry Fitzgerald money (an important factor in these "trade for Boldin" exercises, which seems to be ignored more often than not)

In a word, depth. I'm sure glad some of you guy's are not our GM. Some of this stuff is Wannesce'. Boldin has not played a full year in 3 or 4 years.

First of all, why another Boldin thread. Did you not see the other 5 or 6 on the front page... Second, a 3rd isn't a later draft pick.

Pass - He's getting old and CAN'T stay healthy.

Draft or trade for a younger one.

I would laugh in their face if they asked for that. A 3rd + a 4th or 5th?????
They drafted him in the 2nd. Got numerous great years out of him.
A 3rd would be fair compensation in return for what he's given them, but that's it.

Boldin for a 3rd + 4th is still much worth it.

Everyone is acting like this guy gets put on the IR every year, which is wrong. Boldin is going to produce for the next few years, we will either get him and he can do it here or he will go to some other team and have a great year. I don't know this for a fact(just like none of you know if he is really going to decline) but I would love to read some of the posts on here if a team gets him for only a 3rd + 5th and he tears it up.

Back
Top Bottom