I would like to hear more opinions of CK and Boomer about our draft plans. | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would like to hear more opinions of CK and Boomer about our draft plans.

CK

personally , the way people in this country love football -especially the
HUGE dolphin fanbase that lives outside of florida- 20k is probably an
underestimate . . . i think you'd get that easily , , but anywho

i'd gladly promote the publication out here on the west coast
and wouldn't have a problem traveling around the country
to promote it as well . . . should we discuss my take

starting at , say

10%

LMAO

as for your reply to my questions . . incredible as usual

thanks again

CK or Boomer, can you envision the Dolphins drafting a center (like Steve Justice) in the 3rd round and move Satele to guard?

While I can certainly envision moving Satele to Guard where he would be an excellent pulling guard, I'm not sure I see the Dolphins dipping into a weak Center class in order to do so, rather than dipping into a strong Tackle class in order to find a Guard. I think Hartwig had to be a consideration because of his experience with Maser and Henning. We'll see.

I've been high on Brian Johnston for a while

From NFL Draft Scout:

03/11/08 - Gardner-Webb product Brian Johnston, a rising prospect for this April's NFL Draft, wowed scouts at his first workout Saturday. Working out at San Diego State for a handful of NFL scouts, Johnston showed exactly why he is one of the top defensive end prospects heading into April's annual draft. Measuring in at 6-foot-5, 274 pounds, Johnston ran his first 40-yard dash in 4.66 seconds. Johnston's 40-yard dash time would have been the fourth best at the NFL combine for defensive ends, and the best for any lineman weighing more than 260 pounds. Johnston's most impressive stat from the 40-yard dash came with a very strong 1.51-second time through the first 10 yards, an important time with regards to a players quickness. By comparison, Johnston's 10-yard split was the same as Arkansas' running back Darren McFadden turned in at the Combine earlier this year. Johnston pulled off an impressive 35-inch vertical leap as well on Saturday, which would have ranked second among defensive linemen at the NFL Scouting Combine - and best for a player of his size. The most impressive result overall, however, may have been Johnston's time in the 20-yard shuttle. He turned in a 4.18-second time, which is better than any lineman at the NFL's Scouting Combine. In fact, the 4.18-second time was faster than any running back at the event - with Illinois' Rashard Mendenhall the only back to match that time. - Shelby Star

I realize that lightning doesn't strike twice, but reading this stuff about Brian Johnston I can't help but keep thinking of Jason Taylor ... and how he was a similarly freakish combo of size and speed from a small school that slipped through the scouts web because of that spectre of "no competition" in the scouts' minds.

I don't really know this guy, but go ahead and put me in the growing list of people who are intrigued by this guy and would like to learn more. :)

If this has been asked before I apologise

But just wondering what your thoughs are on Josh Johnson and Kevin O'Connell and what are the chances of them being drafted by the Fins?

WOW! Never heard of Brian Johnson, but sure do respect his numbers. Good grief he has some quickness. Whats the scoop on him, is Gardner Webb 1AA?

Any info would be appreciated, draft prospectus, football skills, any possible connection to Fins coaching staff?

Thanks

-GV

I don't know if I'd compare Brian Johnston to Jason Taylor but he's certainly an intriguing small school prospect. Careful of guys that are untested, sometimes they turn out great and sometimes they turn out to be Bryan Thomas as well.

If this has been asked before I apologise

But just wondering what your thoughs are on Josh Johnson and Kevin O'Connell and what are the chances of them being drafted by the Fins?

I'm a fan of Josh Johnson. He was coached by Jim Harbaugh, who really did a good job schooling him to play like a QB not like a running QB. But, when he does take off running, it looks like everyone else is standing still. I think he's got a good arm. But, even though he had a great All Star game where he passed the ball extremely well, supposedly he didn't have a good week of practice or a good Combine throwing session.

O'Connell, I've been looking for him to impress me in some way but he's yet to really do it.

Ck-

Why you so down on Jerod Mayo? Barely above 3rd tier?

Ck-

Why you so down on Jerod Mayo? Barely above 3rd tier?

I'm not aware that including him in the second tier grouping behind Connor and Rivers, along side such stalwarts as Curtis Lofton and Xavier Adibi...is the equivalent of "so down on Jerod Mayo".

ck
out of the top 2 tier tackles in this draft who do you think we could draft with the intention of playing him at guard, or do u think just draft a guard like chilo rachal or roy shoelm out of oregon st. (spelling). and what would be ur ideal starting oline after the draft? thanks for ur time.

Back
Top Bottom