I would like to hear more opinions of CK and Boomer about our draft plans. | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would like to hear more opinions of CK and Boomer about our draft plans.

I know you're asking ck, but personally I see John Greco as being a good candidate. He's a tackle who'd be a very good guard imo.

ck
out of the top 2 tier tackles in this draft who do you think we could draft with the intention of playing him at guard, or do u think just draft a guard like chilo rachal or roy shoelm out of oregon st. (spelling). and what would be ur ideal starting oline after the draft? thanks for ur time.

John Greco is the guy I've been predicting will be a Dolphin, or at least has the highest probability of being a Dolphin. He's probably the earliest pick the Dolphins would look at converting to Guard. Some guys later on would be Mike Butterworth, Brandon Keith, I personally think Pedro Sosa but also his teammate Jeremy Zuttah (although his stock might have gone too high), Tony Hills, Carl Nicks. Guys that are being evaluated as Guards include James Blair and Shawn Murphy.

John Greco is the guy I've been predicting will be a Dolphin, or at least has the highest probability of being a Dolphin. He's probably the earliest pick the Dolphins would look at converting to Guard. Some guys later on would be Mike Butterworth, Brandon Keith, I personally think Pedro Sosa but also his teammate Jeremy Zuttah (although his stock might have gone too high), Tony Hills, Carl Nicks. Guys that are being evaluated as Guards include James Blair and Shawn Murphy.
Any take on Guard Mackenzy Bernadeau? That's one of several possibilities I'm hoping we take in the 6th

How high do you think Zuttah will go CK?

How high do you think Zuttah will go CK?

I've heard some whispers that some teams actually consider him the best guard in the draft...I mean, I'm not sure I actually believe that or not but if it's true then the second round certainly isn't out of the question. That's too high for him. I think Pedro Sosa is flat out better, his injury issues have provided something of a discount on Sosa relative to his teammate Zuttah.

NFL Draft Scout has a note saying John Greco can leg press 1050 pounds. That can't be right. I know leg press is different from a squat but still. He did, however, record a 32 inch vertical on his 6'5" and 305 pound frame. I have no doubt he has great lower body strength and explosion. I don't care about his short arms if he's going to play RT for us. He faced off with Cliff Avril of Purdue and had his best blocking game of the season. Did really well against Kansas, too. He was the first OL to ever win Toledo's top freshman award, when he played RT his freshman year. I think he's a better prospect than Nick Kaczur was.

Ck-

The leg press is VERY different from squat in terms of how much weight one can put up. 1050lbs. is really not that big. I know guys under 200 lbs that can do that. It's hard, but not for a 300 lb.+ O-linemen. I'd be SHOCKED if more than just a small handful of NFL O-linemen couldn't put up at least 1000lb max leg press.

I'm not aware that including him in the second tier grouping behind Connor and Rivers, along side such stalwarts as Curtis Lofton and Xavier Adibi...is the equivalent of "so down on Jerod Mayo".

I guess I'm just comparing your positioning of him relative to Kiper who just said he expects him to go in the mid 1st.

I've heard some whispers that some teams actually consider him the best guard in the draft...I mean, I'm not sure I actually believe that or not but if it's true then the second round certainly isn't out of the question. That's too high for him. I think Pedro Sosa is flat out better, his injury issues have provided something of a discount on Sosa relative to his teammate Zuttah.

Who do you think will be the best O-line prospect from a small school CK?

Back
Top Bottom