I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet......... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet.........

To think...we've jettisoned most any player who could run a route, make a tackle, and throw a block...called the most atrocious 2 point conversion, called an all out blitz with the CB 15 yards away from his man all so we could pick anywhere from 2-5 in this draft? We could have done that with the players we had.

It's #1 or bust...don't get cold feet now because some clown in the media is screaming the word "tank". Embrace it and hope you never have to do it again. We don't have to lose every game, just the most games...and that is that.

Fans are hung up on pick 1 because they assume Tua is the target. I wonder how many have actually considered the possibility that QB may not even be on the list this year? Maybe Tua isn't the target at all, or maybe they are actually watching a QB like Lawrence instead.

Uncertainty is against the narrative

That's the most rediculas thing I've read in a while.

Not in the context of said coaches keeping their jobs. Adam Gase was brought in to build up around Darnold. Not regress instantly.

You can’t half way through a season throw your hands up and say the season is over, let’s get a better draft pick. MAYBE if you hadn’t signed Bell.

Last edited:
If it's not #1 overall it's more than likely #2.

For me, that's Chase Young and see how the QB Board falls.

I'd click the box for yes right now if the outcome posed was i can get Burrow and Young with my first two picks and not give up anything to do it.

It's not wrong to like Tua, Burrow and Young.

I'd click the box for yes right now if the outcome posed was i can get Burrow and Young with my first two picks and not give up anything to do it.

It's not wrong to like Tua, Burrow and Young.

My concern is that Burrow will be a 23 year old rookie who had very little success until this year.

Those are fundamental issues to me that dissuade me from using a top pick on the guy.

Uncertainty is against the narrative
When the owner writes the script it seems like a good narrative to go with.

"One coach who spoke to the Dolphins about their head coaching job in January said Ross conveyed that their intent was not to win this year and the whole objective was to be positioned to draft their future quarterback in 2020 and build around that player."

"According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, owner Stephen Ross really, really likes Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa and getting a high 2020 draft pick is a priority. The Dolphins also like Oregon’s Justin Herbert."

Last edited:
If we're tanking, we should have done it properly by beating the Steelers last week to make their pick more valuable.

We'll probably screw up and beat the Jets twice.

Back
Top Bottom