I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet......... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet.........

I don't think we land the #1 overall pick, but I do think we could still make out with a good draft with the #2 pick. Might force a Chase Young selection with a QB taken with Steelers pick.

Dude..what 's your problem/

I don't think we land the #1 overall pick, but I do think we could still make out with a good draft with the #2 pick. Might force a Chase Young selection with a QB taken with Steelers pick.

Where I think it gets interesting (not necessarily in my view in a good way) is if we don't get that first. Until Joe Burrow meteoric rise there was a huge drop from Tua to the rest, now if we are picking not at #1 but still in the top 5 he is absolutely in play, in that scenario we could also chose to give up some capital to land Tua at #1, or we could reach for Herbert there at #2 r wherever we are. Or we could pass and draft Chase Young, maybe even then trade back up to get either Herbert or Burrow. Part of this plan was to put us in a position to move up and down as we see fit. I wouldn't be surprised in anyway if we come out on draft day with both the top two guys because of the deals we've done.

No problem..just setting back and watching you call others dumb!

:munch:
So,i guess you think the way the front office has worked the last twenty years is smart?

So,i guess you think the way the front office has worked the last twenty years is smart?

No but don’t you think that’s because we’ve had the wrong people making decisions? I’m for the tank but do we all realize the of last 2 teams that have tanked one had a franchise QB retire after 7 seasons (without winning a championship) and the other has a child playing QB who can’t see over the line of scrimmage? i notice none of the die hard tank commanders have mentioned that since Indy has built a dominant offensive line they’ve barely skipped a beat without the all world Andrew Luck? They are 5-2 and the current 2 seed in the AFC. Don’t even tell me imagine them with Luck, his 0-every game record against the Patriots makes it hard for me to believe he was ever a real threat.
This site would have given their left nuts for Baker last year. Now it’s crickets about him on here. You can say Kitchens is an idiot and I won’t disagree but Baker is hitting less than 50% of his passes over 10 yards. Over 10 yards!!!! He needs a strong running game and play action looks if you ask me. Is that a franchise QB.

I understand getting the number 1 overall pick gives us the pick of the litter and that is great but let’s not act like it guarantees anything and let’s not act like the team has no chance of turning things around without it.

That wouldn’t be hard. I’ve been calling it the one skit wonder for years. Meaning you get one funny skit if you are lucky.

Used to be a great show in the 70’s and 80’s when they were equal opportunity offenders that were more focused on humor than a political agenda...shame!

Has anyone ever assumed it would be? Frankly I fully expect to beat at least the Bengals

I hate whenever I read that a college quarterback is 'unproven at this level'.

EVERY college player is unproven at this level.

Tua couldn't even carry his team to the National Championship!! Put em on your shoulders champ. That's what the Dolphins need another Marino with a supporting cast.
Tua has a national championship. As a freshman quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom