"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle

As a 3-4 player sure..

But Wake has proven to be the best 4-3 end in the game, he can stop the run, he can cover the flat, he can effortlessly rush the passer.

As a player period. He beat us singlehandedly no reason to think watt woukd struggle in any scheme not to mention he is younger and better

As a player period. He beat us singlehandedly no reason to think watt woukd struggle in any scheme not to mention he is younger and better
Hey, we all know you've been down on Wake ever since you predicted he'd be a total bust for us :) ...but don't you think this "Oh yeah, well he's still not as good as JJ Watt" stuff is a little petty? He's better than 99% of the players in the league, and if Coyle exaggerates a bit and makes it 100%, I for one am not going to slam him for it... :rolleyes:

Not to mention it's coachspeak. Like he's going to come out and say "Yeah I'd trade Cam Wake for JJ Watt in a heartbeat."

Hey, we all know you've been down on Wake ever since you predicted he'd be a total bust for us :) ...but don't you think this "Oh yeah, well he's still not as good as JJ Watt" stuff is a little petty? He's better than 99% of the players in the league, and if Coyle exaggerates a bit and makes it 100%, I for one am not going to slam him for it... :rolleyes:

Did he really? if so, LOL!!!!!

That figures for this guy. Typical....

I was never down on wake. I always said he domimated an inferior league and that doesnt usually translate so get your damn facts straight. I have given Wake credit for what he has done in NFL . How is saying he is not better than JJ watt petty. Thats my damn opinion as well as an opinion shared by most NFL fans as well as the people that voted him the best defensive player in the league last year. Your the one being petty because I said a fact that Coyle was justr saying coachspeak and nobody in their right mind wouldnt trade Cam Wake for JJ Watt. He also said any player in league and that means offensive players. I didnt critiicize Coyle I called his statement for what it is. I think some fans should get over themselves and realiize there are better players in the league than some on our team. And again I never siad he would be a total bust but why worry about speaking the truth when some. on this board have not one bit of integrity and just spread lies over and over again. Im trying to figure out how a low cost free agent could ever be a bust and I never once said that he would be a bust, I just did not see dominating teams that couldnt have a winning record in the sec as an indicator of his success. Not one GM in the NFL saw Wake as the superstar that he is because if they did there would have been a bidding war and he would have got a much better contract out of canada.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Did he really? if so, LOL!!!!!

That figures for this guy. Typical....
No I didnt really whats typical is idiots just deciding peoplke said things without one bit of fact behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 teams put offers into Wake's agent..

He choose Miami. Watt is the only player that I would trade Wake for, no other defensive player in this league is more valuable to this team IMO.

I'd prob trade him for Watt and a few others. Aldon Smith because of age...wake is a stellar player. You can argue top 5 at what he does, but certainly not the best. With that said, it's good to see our coach coming out for his own guy like that.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Von Miller comes to mind as well.

1. Cameron Wake, 2012, MIA: +53.8
Pass Rushing: +37.7, Run Defense: +10.4, Penalties: +4.2

The switch from 3-4 to 4-3 in Miami was overstated with Wake always seeing a lot of action from defensive end in years gone by. But fresh after getting paid Wake stepped up his game another level to lead the league in 2012 with 86 combined sacks, hits and hurries.

I wouldn't trade him for nobody either.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/07/16/page-of-fame-4-3-defensive-ends/

The big improvement that Wake made to his outside rushing this season though, was improving his closing percentage, converting the pressure that he got into hits and sacks. While only 30.0% of his outside pressure in 2011 (6 sacks, 6 hits, 28 hurries) was converted into sacks and hits, he pushed that number way up to 48.9% in 2012. His 12 sacks and 10 hits from outside pass rushes were both league-leading marks and even without adding his 23 hurries, those 22 knockdowns were more than the likes of Julius Peppers, DeMarcus Ware and Jason Pierre-Paul got from outside pressure. Jared Allen in 2011 is the only other pass rusher to record double-digit sacks courtesy of outside pass rush in a single season in the past two years.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/14/pass-rusher-profile-cameron-wake/

Back
Top Bottom