"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle

wakes got plenty left in the tank that's for sure...but if there was one thing i would like to see him add to his game is on his sacks as he's coming in chop down with his arm and try and force some fumbles and turnovers...for a guy with his sack #'s i think he should force more fumbles...when you got em dead to rights chop the qbs arms on the takedown

I agree, he does need to try and force more turnovers.

That is one thing I did notice Jordan was able to do in college, he does hit the QB, but he is more concerned with the ball. If Jordan is able get acclimated quickly to the NFL, he could be a very devastating defensive player as far as turnovers, and a great compliment to Wake. Crossing fingers

So now that Revis is gone, who's the best defender in the division? Is it Cam.. or can an argument still be made for Wilfork or someone else?

No way is it Wilfork, he is still a force, and the main reason running on the Patriots is not a cakewalk, but he is nowhere the player he used to be, and nowhere the type of player Wake is, or the type of player he still could continue to grow to become. I believe we saw the best of Wilfork years ago, we will have not seen the best of Wake.

I would really like to see what he could do if the zebra called holding half the time it should be called.

if i was a 34 team i would trade wake for jj watt...the things that kid does as a 34 de no less are amazing...first ballot hall of famer barring injury...

nothing against wake who's terrific but watts the best young defensive football player in the game...20 sacks as a 34 de is mind boggling...

Just imagine Wake AND Watt on the same 34 team

Just imagine Wake AND Watt on the same 34 team

yeah that would be nasty...but i hope people realize it would take more than a almost 30 year old wake and a 1st rounder to land jj watt...he's untouchable in houston...untouchable...they wouldn't trade him for demarcus ware and a 1st rounder...

Glad we wont see Houston until the playoffs should they make it :)

Watts personally destroyed us last year. How many passes did he block ?

hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"

:up:

to add to the freakiness of watt and the rediculousness of him as a player he put up that kind of season in 2012 dealing with a elbow that popped in and out of place all season and he wore a harness on all season...said he had issues with it all year after injuring it in the preseason...

take a bow my friend...a 34 de with a arm injury putting out the best season from a front line defender i have ever seen...dudes phenomenal

What about Aldon Smith? I assume Coyle was talking completely hypothetical, not something that could ever be done. I'm a Wake fan, and cannot wait for him and Jordan to tear it up. I do believe the best numbers from them will come next year when Jordan gets a year of experience under him.

Watt is the best defensive player in the league..

Miller, Wake, and both Smiths are close.

Corners and Safteys are not as important as Dline IMO... Which is why Sherman and Revis aren't up there to me..

One thing about Aldon Smith is once Justin Smith got hurt he was nowhere near the player that was wrecking havoc on pace to break Strahans record..

To also add to my top D players are Willis and Ware. Willis needs no explanation, and Ware is a top pass rusher of all time.

if i was a 34 team i would trade wake for jj watt...the things that kid does as a 34 de no less are amazing...first ballot hall of famer barring injury...

nothing against wake who's terrific but watts the best young defensive football player in the game...20 sacks as a 34 de is mind boggling...

The stats that Watt put up last year will not happen again, no chance.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I think Watt is a phenomenal player and is the best defensive player in the league, however I don't believe he will come close to his sack total last year.

The stats that Watt put up last year will not happen again, no chance.

we're talking about a going into his 3rd year player...seems like a foolish thing to say to me...the leagues in trouble with that guy...saw him as a rookie and all i could do was laugh how talented he was and impactful he projected over the long haul...i think multiple 20 sack seasons are still in the cards in the next 5 years...even as a 34 de

Back
Top Bottom