"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle

so they finally caught it...this is taken from the dolphins training camp preview and is at least 3-4 days old, he also didn't say any player, well he did say it but then right after that changed his tune to pass rusher

Wake is a beast! Jordan will really help him! Then next year we can trade up with the raiders and get clowney!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

we're talking about a going into his 3rd year player...seems like a foolish thing to say to me...the leagues in trouble with that guy...saw him as a rookie and all i could do was laugh how talented he was and impactful he projected over the long haul...i think multiple 20 sack seasons are still in the cards in the next 5 years...even as a 34 de

I think it's foolish to believe that a 3-4 DE can consistently put up those sack numbers. Coaches will adjust and he won't be able to get to the QB that easily. I'm not discounting Watt's freakish athletic ability and talent, I just think it's crazy to think he can continue to put up those insane sack totals as a 3-4 DE.

Last year, Wake had 17 sacks, 23 QB hits, and "46" QB pressures.

Watt had 21 sacks, 25 hits, and 30 pressures.

Call me a Homer here but, I think Watt had a bit more help, and still fell short of overall pressure by 10.

This year, I'm looking at Vernon to add some relief, as well as Jordan, as wells as a bit from Ellerbe. If that happens, and Wake has much fewer double teams, he will be unreal. I have to believe that he is licking his chops in anticipation.

Call me a Homer here but, I think Watt had a bit more help, and still fell short of overall pressure by 10.

This year, I'm looking at Vernon to add some relief, as well as Jordan, as wells as a bit from Ellerbe. If that happens, and Wake has much fewer double teams, he will be unreal. I have to believe that he is licking his chops in anticipation.

Stats are always misleading in regards to 3-4 d-linemen. Bro, Wake is awesome but Watt is just a better player.

I think it's foolish to believe that a 3-4 DE can consistently put up those sack numbers. Coaches will adjust and he won't be able to get to the QB that easily. I'm not discounting Watt's freakish athletic ability and talent, I just think it's crazy to think he can continue to put up those insane sack totals as a 3-4 DE.

ii get your point about a 34 de...which is what makes those numbers he put up even more mind boggling...but i think teams caught on last year to we better double him we better combo him etc pretty early on and they still couldn't stop him...and it's not like he gets a ton of help up front with the ends...antonio smith is solid but getting old connor barwin had a pretty everage year the other olb from arizona didn't do a whole lot...he was the oppositions focus on tape and the one dcs tried to do different things to marginalize his impact and they couldn't...

if i was a 34 team i would trade wake for jj watt...the things that kid does as a 34 de no less are amazing...first ballot hall of famer barring injury...

nothing against wake who's terrific but watts the best young defensive football player in the game...20 sacks as a 34 de is mind boggling...

I know what you're saying about Watts, but he does not play in a 2 gap control 34, heplays in a one gap penetrating style that Phillips e

Glad he is not our gm . Wake is a great player but there are bettef players in league. Pure hyperbole

I'm confused as to why the number 46 is in quotation marks.

He's one of the top players in his position in the league. No need to move him for another top ranked player in a similar role. IMO, you show loyalty to your guys when they earn it, and Cam has.

Back
Top Bottom