Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian Rapaport - Russell Wilson wants to explore trade market/ 49ers comminted to Lance, will trade Jimmy G in offseason

Who would you want as Dolphins QB in 2022

• Tua

Votes: 172 64.7%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 59 22.2%
  • Winston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Draft a new one

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other*

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
Without doing some research, I would imaging many games had both QBs 300+. In those cases one wins, the other loses. That affects the ratio, so one would have to dig deeper for a clear picture.
Not really, it just emphasizes the fact that 300 yards alone isnt enough imo...

After giving it some thought, there may not be much to glean from such a. "raw" statistic.

One would have to look at the games on a case by case basis, and categorize them in some way.

For example, a team is down 3 scores is going to be slinging it, while the defense is playing to not get beat deep.

Does that 300+ yd game have the same impact as one where it is a "back and forth" competitive game?

I would say no.

My theory is that football is complicated and most casual fans don’t have any interest in actually understanding it, so they obsess over QBs as a shorthand for offense.

Doing what you say—fixing the OL, RB, WRs—and what you don’t say—fixing the scheme and playcalling—is boring and complicated. A casual fan has no interest whatsoever in the difference between Jesse Davis and Morgan Moses. Nor can they even decipher that difference.

But everyone can recognize the difference between a 300 yard passer vs. a guy struggling to find open men and getting sacked. The casual fan has no idea what’s causing the 300 yards passing vs. the guy running for his life and struggling to complete passes, but they’re like “hey, we need the 300 yard passing guy!” as if we’d also throw for 300 yards every game if we had him.

This will blow a lot of folks’ minds, but the Dolphins have been terrible on offense for 20 years not really because of our QBs. The common thread is bad OL play and bad WRs. We’ve actually had pretty decent QB play for the last decade-plus, from Pennington to now.
So basically fans have no idea about football? All "casual" fans are dumb? Good take bro

Might have been mentioned earlier, I didnt read past about pg 5, but plenty of QBs amass yards in garbage time, so I agree, yardage alone isnt an indicator of wins.

Wilson played pretty well when he came back from injury. He's played behind a **** O-line for years up there. He's probably sick of it. I don't think he'd ever come here, but people that think he's injury prone or over the hill are wrong.

If we don't get out offensive line straightened out , any Qaurter back we have will be most likely be injury prone unless it's Josh Allen.

Like it or not, these are conversations we need to have. The Draft class of QBs is not impressive and with the recent comment from Ross "The new HC will decide what to do at the QB position" its something we should at least be thinking about.

Wilson 25-tds 6-ints 103.1 Passer Rating

Jimmy G 20-tds 12-ints 98.7 Passer Rating

If we get McMichael as HC I think the Jimmy G possibility goes up a little.

Both QBs will require a trade to get them here which is an obvious down side.

Looking at impending
Free agents the only interesting QB to me is
Jamis Winston 14 TDs 3 INTs 102.8 passer rating ... he only played 7 games.

Tuas #s in 13 games - 16 tds 10 ints 90.1 passer rating
I wonder what Jimmy G's price will be.....

Read the link. Dolphins followed up Ross' statement saying they expect the new coach to build around Tua. It is well known now highly reported by credible sources, Flores was fired because he did not support Tua.

Bro, I’ve been reading contradicting reports for 2 weeks.

So basically fans have no idea about football? All "casual" fans are dumb? Good take bro
Just look at the poll results. 65% of the fanbase would rather watch Tua again next year then Russell Wilson... Jamis Winston, who's miles ahead of Tua, better on every level, has less than 1% of the vote.

That should answer your question right there.

If we don't get out offensive line straightened out , any Qaurter back we have will be most likely be injury prone unless it's Josh Allen.
Sure as hell won't attract any good qbs for sure to want to go to miami should miami have the option to get one via free agency. It's too bad because miami has a good defense. Qbs like having a good defense because it takes the pressure off of the qb to feel they have to always carry the team and score 30+ pts every game to win

Last edited:
Just look at the poll results. 65% of the fanbase would rather watch Tua again next year then Russell Wilson... Jamis Winston, who's miles ahead of Tua, better on every level, has less than 1% of the vote.

Tua could develop to be a franchise qb. Jamis Winston has peaked. He's been 5 years in the leagure. He's a middle of the pack qb. In this period, you need a top 10 qb or maybe top 12. He's had his best season this season, but that's with qb wizard Payton. Miami doesn't have that coach and until payton, no other coach has been able to have winston play like he has for saints. Plus body of work matters more than small sample size. 7 games is such a small sample size vs years of body of work.

65.3%... you forgot the 0.3%

Back
Top Bottom