Ian seems to be coming my way | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian seems to be coming my way

I work for the City of Winter Springs we are north of Orlando and we got killed. We had 7 bridges closed due to high water and possible damage. At one bridge the water was up over the bridge by 3 feet. Many of our lift stations lost power and could not be reach for two days, even ones with generators were flooded and did not operate. Many customers experienced sewer backups into their homes. Some customers are still without power. My crews were working 18 hour shifts to repair two 12 inch water mains that had over 300 customers without water. I know there are many people worse off and lost everything, this was one hell of a storm! Good luck to everyone out there. Had my first day off today in over a week, I'm to old for this ****! Re-thinking I should have stayed retired!!!

I work for the City of Winter Springs we are north of Orlando and we got killed. We had 7 bridges closed due to high water and possible damage. At one bridge the water was up over the bridge by 3 feet. Many of our lift stations lost power and could not be reach for two days, even ones with generators were flooded and did not operate. Many customers experienced sewer backups into their homes. Some customers are still without power. My crews were working 18 hour shifts to repair two 12 inch water mains that had over 300 customers without water. I know there are many people worse off and lost everything, this was one hell of a storm! Good luck to everyone out there. Had my first day off today in over a week, I'm to old for this ****! Re-thinking I should have stayed retired!!!
Thanks for all you do! I'm sure people in your area are grateful for your efforts.

Thank you. 90% of the people are very grateful and happy to see progress happening, even in small amounts. The other 10%....think this only happened to them. It can sometimes test your people skills. Big picture folks.
That 10% are no longer people, they are "Lemmings" - LOL
Tell them you would hire them to help if they had any discernable skills - LOL
Can you take phone shots of the "Lemmings" haranguing you and then send those shots to your bosses with a request for a raise?

I'm done. 40 years of being chased by these things. In the next 18 months we'll be moving to inland NC.

I'm done. 40 years of being chased by these things. In the next 18 months we'll be moving to inland NC.

I am thinking of pitching a tent on Mount Mitchell. Nice breeze, don't have to worry about flooding, and **** rolls downhill. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom