Ian seems to be coming my way | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian seems to be coming my way

Seems this hurricane is taking a turn for the worst as far as our area. Yesterday it was supposed to go from a cat 3 to a cat 1 by the time it hit land and it was going way north of us here in the Kissimmee/St.Cloud area which is just south of Orlando. Now it seems it'll be a cat 3 when it hit land and still a cat 1 by the time it hits this area at some point on Thursday.

What makes it worse is my wife is in the medical field and she'll have to be in the facility when the storm hits and I'll be driving her there and then driving back home which is risky to say the least but I have to do what I have to do so keep us in your thoughts /prayers and everyone on the path take this seriously and be safe out there.
Be safe my friend.

Watch out for any trees nearby. From my experience, those heavy limbs get sodden and like to dash their way to the ground, even a couple days later.
Yeah, no big ones in my yard, had the one taken out last winter. Lots of them in the neighborhood though. Took a peak earlier and lots of branches down. Crazy inland flooding. I’m a native and never seen flooding like this so far inland.

Always loved that area on our way to Captiva. It's been years, though. Hope you and your are doing well.
We evacuated to Orlando where we have comfort, power, internet, good food, and plenty of booze. Hoping to be able to get back home sometime next week to power and internet and dryness. Don't know if that's a fallacy or not but it's the hope. Thanks for the kind wishes.

Still no power and getting 3-4 inches of rain an hour here.
It’s being reported that over 2 million customers are without power and it’s going to take quite a bit of time to restore power to many of those people. I know after Andrew it was nearly 2 months before power was restored in our neighborhood but they have thousands of utility workers from around the country standing by to restore power as soon as they can get into the areas that lost power.

Hopefully power can be restored for people who lost power ASAP.

Ok guys. We made it and we were blessed to not even lose power at all. Yes we got a ton of rain but this community has a great drain system so there's no standing water on the street. Our neighbors had one very small portion of their fence dow....it's just part of the gate for it but it seems like an easy repair there. So far I didn’t see any shingles down. My wife is good two but they lost power last night and they’re still using the generator for the facility. Some flooding over there though so will have to wait till the water start to go down before anyone can drive safely . Easier if you have a truck but she drives a Lexus which is not very high. All in all we're good.

Ok guys. We made it and we were blessed to not even lose power at all. Yes we got a ton of rain but this community has a great drain system so there's no standing water on the street. Our neighbors had one very small portion of their fence dow....it's just part of the gate for it but it seems like an easy repair there. So far I didn’t see any shingles down. My wife is good two but they lost power last night and they’re still using the generator for the facility. Some flooding over there though so will have to wait till the water start to go down before anyone can drive safely . Easier if you have a truck but she drives a Lexus which is not very high. All in all we're good.

Great stuff @Danny.

To Danny and all the others affected

That’s great News @Danny !!!

That's great news. Pretty much the same here. Debary is notorious for losing power if a stiff breeze is caused by a passing car so I'm shocked I didn't lose power. One little branch in my yard but very little standing water on my street. I'm on a high point coming in from the st johns River so I assume there's flooding down closer to the river. All in all things were mild considering.

We evacuated to Orlando where we have comfort, power, internet, good food, and plenty of booze. Hoping to be able to get back home sometime next week to power and internet and dryness. Don't know if that's a fallacy or not but it's the hope. Thanks for the kind wishes.

How's your mom?

From what I have seen in this thread here are the Brothers that are in the path. Figured I'd give a visual to where we are.

Stay safe brother, especially y'all that are on the coast getting the brunt of it. Keep us updated if you can.

View attachment 119466
Hope to hear from all affected soon.

Check in when able.

@Avigatorx
@EPBro
@Nappy Roots
@TraderJoe
@DZimmer000
@Beach Bum
@BigSmoke
@The Goat

We have haerd from @Danny @Fin-Loco @Sarnics13 and @ONole1