Ice's updated mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ice's updated mock draft

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
My first mock draft

1. Houston- David Carr QB Fresno St. - They will need a good QB for the future, and Carr is the perfect fit. He probably won't play this year but will in 2003 and will be good when he plays.

2. Carolina- Julius Peppers DE North Carolina - Carolina has a horrrible defensive line, and Peppers will give it the spark that it needs. He will be a great pass rusher who can play on every down.

3. Detroit - Quentin Jammer CB Texas- Jammer will be a great addition to the Lions who really need a CB. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas tries to move up to this spot to take Jammer.

4. Buffalo - Joey Harrington QB Oregon - The biggest need in Buffalo is still QB, and Harrington fits their needs. Don't worry, the Bills will still suck if they select Harrington.

5. San Diego - Bryant McKinnie OT Miami - He is a steal in this spot, but San Diego really needs an offensive linemen and McKinnie is what they need. He will be able to make some holes and will give help to LaDanian Tomlinson, who had absolutely no holes to run through last season.

6. Dallas - John Henderson DT Tennesee - Henderson has moved down many draft boards, but he is still a quality DT that Dallas needs. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas moves up to get Quentin Jammer, however,

7. Minnesota - Roy Williams S Oklahoma - Minnesota has a horrible defense and they need a playmaker, which is why they will draft Roy Williams. Safties usually aren't picked this high but Williams is the exception.

8. Kansas City - Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii - Kansas City is weak in the WR position, and Trent Green needs all the help he can get. Lelie is the best WR in the draft who is a great playmaker with amazing speed.

9. Jacksonville - Mike Williams OT Texas - There are questions about the health of Mike Williams, which would make him a perfect fit in Jacksonville. Former Jacksonville OT Tony Boselli was like Williams, both are very good OTs with injury problems. Boselli is gone, and although Williams isn't as good, he is still good and would be a decent replacement.

10. Cincinnati - Philip Bucannon CB Miami - Cincinnati has a really bad secondary, and Bucannon is a very good CB who can step in and give them immediate help.

11. Indianapolis - Ryan Sims DT North Carolina - There is no question that with the addition of Tony Dungy that they will go defense in the first round since that is their biggest problem, but they need help at every position on defense, which is why they will go for the best one available when they pick, which is Sims. He is huge and can help the team stop the run.

12. Arizona - Wendall Bryant DT Wisconsin - Arizona gets a little better each year, but they still need help on the defensive line and Bryant can help them a lot. Arizona will still be bad this year, but with these high picks each year they can't be bad forever.

13. New Orleans - Kalimba Edwards DE/OLB South Carolina - With the loss of Joe Johnson, New Orleans will need a DE and Kalimba Edwards fits that mold. If they get him, they will still have some talent on their line along with Norman Hand.

14. Tennessee - Edward Reed S Miami - Tennessee's strongest weakness is safety, and they will certainly select one in this draft since there is a lot of good ones available. They want Roy Williams, but since he won't be around when they pick they will go with the second best one in the draft, Edward Reed.

15. New York Giants - Jeremy Shockey TE Miami - The Giants need a TE badly, a guy that can help their recieving game. They have 2 decent WRs, so the best guy for them is Shockey, the best recieving TE in this year's draft.

16. Cleveland - Clinton Portis RB Miami - Cleveland has a huge weakness in the running game, and they will select Portis because Butch Davis loves to select players he coached in college. Portis is not the best RB in the draft, but has a ton of speed.

17. Atlanta - Donte Stallworth WR Tennessee - They have a great young QB in Michael Vick, and now they need a good young WR to go along with him, and they will go with the talented Stallworth.

18. Washington - Jabar Gaffney WR Florida - Like Butch Davis, Steve Spurrier likes to take players he coached in college. He hasn't done a draft yet but has already signed two players because he coached them in Florida, and Washington needs a WR to go with Rod Gardner, and will pick Gaffney. Michael Westbrook always gets injured and they will need a second WR.

19. Denver - Antonio Bryant WR Pittsburgh - Bryant was a top prospect in January, but he has disapeared most people's first round draft lists. Denver will need a WR as proved last year when McCaffrey was injured and there no one was able to step in and do anything, so they will prevent this from happening by picking the talented Bryant.

20. Seattle - Daniel Graham TE Colorado - They really need a TE, and they will go with Graham, who isn't as good as Shockey but still has an incredible upside.

21. Oakland - Albery Haynesworth DT Tennessee - With the loss of Darrell Russell they will need a DT, and the talented team with go with Haynesworth.

22. New York Jets - Napoleon Harris OLB Northwestern - The Jets need an OLB, as well as a CB and a safety, but they will go with Harris since there aren't any defensive backs around at this point that are worth selecting in the first round. The Jets might trade down.

23. Oakland - Andre Davis WR Virginia Tech - Although I think Josh Reed is the best WR available at this point, I just don't think Oakland will take him because of his disapointing workouts.

24. Baltimore - Alex Brown DE Florida - Baltimore still has some talented defenders after releasing everyone on their roster and can start rebuilding by taking a good pass rusher in Brown.

25. New Orleans - Josh Reed WR LSU - This is a steal for New Orleans who needs a WR and can take Reed, who a lot of New Orleans fans already like since he went to LSU. He will help out their passing game, one of the stronger points on this team.

26. Philadelphia - Toniu Fonoti OG Nebraska - A very good guard who is a monster and extremely strong will fall to Philadelphia and they can use his strength on an already decent line.

27. San Francisco - Andre Gurode OG Colorado - Ray Brown is getting old and he will need to be replaced soon, which is why San Francisco will take Gurode. He can help San Francisco's already strong running game.

28. Green Bay - Javon Walker WR FSU - Green Bay needs help at WR, where they only have 2 good WR. They need a third wideout, which is why they will take Walker.

29. Chicago - Kenyo Craver CB Nebraska - Craver will help Chicago's CB corps on an already excellent defense.

30. Pittsburgh - Lito Sheppard CB Florida - Although I don't think him or Craver should be picked in this area, they will be. Pittsburgh has a good defense but I still think they will pick a CB, and Sheppard is the best one available at this time.

31. St. Louis - Marquise Walker WR Michigan - Since St. Louis doesn't have any glaring needs, they will take a WR since they lost Hakim. Walker may not be first round material but lets face it, they don't really have any galring needs.

32. New England - Mike Pearson OT Florida - Now this is a steal. He could of gone a lot higher but I don't think any of the teams above will take him. The Patriots still have a weak offensive line.

Second round:

33. Houston - William Green RB Boston College - There are a lot of good RBs in this draft, but it is not a glaring need on a lot of teams since these are mostly low first round players. Green is a good RB who will do well in front of Houston's great offensive line.

34. Carolina - T.J. Duckett RB Michigan State - Another talented RB who should of gone higher. He will help Carolina's crappy running game immediately and should start over Lamar Smith.

35. Detroit - DeShaun Foster RB UCLA - Three running backs in a row will kick off the second round. Detroit needs help in the running game, and Foster will help them.

36. Buffalo - Levi Jones OT Arizona State - Buffalo sucks in every way, and they need an OT. Jones would be a good fit on this team.

37. Dallas - Terrance Metcalf OG Mississippi State - Dallas has a bad offensive line, and they could use a guard. Metcalf will help them and can make holes for old RB Emmitt Smith.

38. Minnesota - Mike Rumph CB Miami - Minnesota needs help everywhere on defense, and by drafting two DBs in the first two rounds their secondary will get help right away,

39. San Diego - Eddie Freeman DT Alabama - San Diego needs a DT, so they will go with Freeman. They are strong at DE so this will help them have a strong defensive line.

40. Jacksonville - Dorsett Davis DT Mississippi - They lost both DTs in the expansion draft, so they will take one in the draft. Davis is a tough DT but I don't think he will go this high. I think Jacksonville may trade down and draft the same player.

This is not complete, it is still a work in progress.

Sounds reasonable to me, but if Davis makes Portis a #16 pick, he is moron, I am sure he would trade down, though teams are not a apt to trade up these days since they needs their picks. :D

6. Dallas - John Henderson DT Tennesee - Henderson has moved down many draft boards, but he is still a quality DT that Dallas needs. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas moves up to get Quentin Jammer, however,

I think that this is probable, I just didn't know if you knew that the Cowboys signed Le'roi Glover(Huge signing for them) I live in Dallas :-( and all i hear is about the Boys. Anyways, Jerry Jones is probably going to go in a different direction come draft day. If they cant get Jammer, I think Jerry will trade out of that spot and try to get more picks.

Just an FYI...

I don't think there is any chance in Hell that Green and Duckett fall out of the first round. Duckett is a CHISLED 254 lbs and ran a sub 4.4 40, first round lock. Green is also gonna go in the first round, the Cowboys have been studying him hard. Portis wont go to Cleveland, unless they get him in the 2nd. Davis may like Hurricanes, but he is no fool.

Also, Levi Jones is now a first rounder and Alex Brown is falling down toward 3rd round status each day leading up to the draft. Brown is simply too small and inconsistant to be a first rounder. He lacks the high motor needed for a player of his size to be selected in the first. Has bust written all over him.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

hate to say it, but I only care about 2 things before pick #90
  1. if the fins are gonna trade up - unlikely
  2. are the Jets gonna make another Kyle Brady shocker :eek:
    [/list=1]

I have to agree that I don't think Green will be taken anywhere out of the first 20 picks. I also believe that Portis is the 4th best back in this draft after: 1) Green 2) Foster and 3) Duckett. IMO Portis will probably fall to someone in the mid to late second round.

One place I think you're right on is the Giants taking Shockey (if he lasts that long.) A lot of people seem to think the Giants will go for defense but TE is their most glaring need and Shockey could be one of the best to come out in a long time. He's sorta' cut in the mold of Gonzales.

All in all it looks like things could fall similar to what you have. ;)

Originally posted by phins054

I think that this is probable, I just didn't know if you knew that the Cowboys signed Le'roi Glover(Huge signing for them) I live in Dallas :-( and all i hear is about the Boys. Anyways, Jerry Jones is probably going to go in a different direction come draft day. If they cant get Jammer, I think Jerry will trade out of that spot and try to get more picks.

Just an FYI...

You never know what Jerry Jones will do, b/c he is the biggest idiot in the NFL.

Three main things I can't see happening:

Portis I think is too high - Duckett will go to Cleveland and Green may even go to Dallas.

Napoleon Harris will be a Raider unless someone else gets the hots for him above #21.

Baltimore take a right tackle. They have people that they can plug in on defense and if either Pearson or Jones are available they will snap them up like a kid in a candy store.

The Steelers are a tough call. the only player they really want in this draft from a need perspective is Napoleon Harris. They could trade up. If not you could see a surprise and it may just come down to the best available athlete - WR, RB - anything. In this example with Duckett still on the board you watch Cowher jump up and down and snatch him up.

Well I honestly think that Duckett and Green are both first rounders, but while doing my draft every team I saw at the end I can't see taking an RB. I just have Portis to Cleveland for one reason: Butch Davis likes to take players he coached in college. Duckett, Green, and Foster are all better. As for Dallas, I have them taking Henderson because they signed Glover but could still use a DT. They could use a CB more but I think Detroit will go with Jammer. I am not sure about who Oakland will take, but I know they really need a WR and DT, which is why I have them taking Haynesworth and Davis. I like all of your suggestions and I will make this longer and take what you have to say into consideration, although I just can't see those RBs in the first round just because of team needs, they are all better than a lot of those players taken before them.

Ice - having given some feedback on what I didn't see happening I didn't say damn good job on the rest of it!

I think you'll be really close IF no trades happen but I think that you'll find a monster number of trades this year - just a feeling.

Cheers

I took your suggestions and updated some of it and I also added picks 41-50. I think I will do another 10 picks a day.

1. Houston- David Carr QB Fresno St. - They will need a good QB for the future, and Carr is the perfect fit. He probably won't play this year but will in 2003 and will be good when he plays.

2. Carolina- Julius Peppers DE North Carolina - Carolina has a horrrible defensive line, and Peppers will give it the spark that it needs. He will be a great pass rusher who can play on every down.

3. Detroit - Quentin Jammer CB Texas- Jammer will be a great addition to the Lions who really need a CB. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas tries to move up to this spot to take Jammer.

4. Buffalo - Joey Harrington QB Oregon - The biggest need in Buffalo is still QB, and Harrington fits their needs. Don't worry, the Bills will still suck if they select Harrington.

5. San Diego - Bryant McKinnie OT Miami - He is a steal in this spot, but San Diego really needs an offensive linemen and McKinnie is what they need. He will be able to make some holes and will give help to LaDanian Tomlinson, who had absolutely no holes to run through last season.

7. Minnesota - Roy Williams S Oklahoma - Minnesota has a horrible defense and they need a playmaker, which is why they will draft Roy Williams. Safties usually aren't picked this high but Williams is the exception.

8. Kansas City - Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii - Kansas City is weak in the WR position, and Trent Green needs all the help he can get. Lelie is the best WR in the draft who is a great playmaker with amazing speed.

9. Jacksonville - Mike Williams OT Texas - There are questions about the health of Mike Williams, which would make him a perfect fit in Jacksonville. Former Jacksonville OT Tony Boselli was like Williams, both are very good OTs with injury problems. Boselli is gone, and although Williams isn't as good, he is still good and would be a decent replacement.

10. Cincinnati - Philip Bucannon CB Miami - Cincinnati has a really bad secondary, and Bucannon is a very good CB who can step in and give them immediate help.

11. Indianapolis - Ryan Sims DT North Carolina - There is no question that with the addition of Tony Dungy that they will go defense in the first round since that is their biggest problem, but they need help at every position on defense, which is why they will go for the best one available when they pick, which is Sims. He is huge and can help the team stop the run.

12. Arizona - Wendall Bryant DT Wisconsin - Arizona gets a little better each year, but they still need help on the defensive line and Bryant can help them a lot. Arizona will still be bad this year, but with these high picks each year they can't be bad forever.

13. New Orleans - Kalimba Edwards DE/OLB South Carolina - With the loss of Joe Johnson, New Orleans will need a DE and Kalimba Edwards fits that mold. If they get him, they will still have some talent on their line along with Norman Hand.

14. Tennessee - Edward Reed S Miami - Tennessee's strongest weakness is safety, and they will certainly select one in this draft since there is a lot of good ones available. They want Roy Williams, but since he won't be around when they pick they will go with the second best one in the draft, Edward Reed.

15. New York Giants - Jeremy Shockey TE Miami - The Giants need a TE badly, a guy that can help their recieving game. They have 2 decent WRs, so the best guy for them is Shockey, the best recieving TE in this year's draft.

16. Cleveland - TJ Duckett RB Michigan State - Cleveland desperately needs a running back, and Duckett would be perfect for the team. He has a great mix of speed and power and may become one of the NFL's top backs very soon.

17. Atlanta - Donte Stallworth WR Tennessee - They have a great young QB in Michael Vick, and now they need a good young WR to go along with him, and they will go with the talented Stallworth.

18. Washington - Jabar Gaffney WR Florida - Like Butch Davis, Steve Spurrier likes to take players he coached in college. He hasn't done a draft yet but has already signed two players because he coached them in Florida, and Washington needs a WR to go with Rod Gardner, and will pick Gaffney. Michael Westbrook always gets injured and they will need a second WR.

19. Denver - Antonio Bryant WR Pittsburgh - Bryant was a top prospect in January, but he has disapeared most people's first round draft lists. Denver will need a WR as proved last year when McCaffrey was injured and there no one was able to step in and do anything, so they will prevent this from happening by picking the talented Bryant.

20. Seattle - Daniel Graham TE Colorado - They really need a TE, and they will go with Graham, who isn't as good as Shockey but still has an incredible upside.

21. Oakland - Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee - With the loss of Darrell Russell they will need a DT, and the talented team with go with Haynesworth.

22. New York Jets - Napoleon Harris OLB Northwestern - The Jets need an OLB, as well as a CB and a safety, but they will go with Harris since there aren't any defensive backs around at this point that are worth selecting in the first round. The Jets might trade down.

23. Oakland - Andre Davis WR Virginia Tech - Although I think Josh Reed is the best WR available at this point, I just don't think Oakland will take him because of his disapointing workouts.

24. Baltimore - Mike Pearson OT Florida - Pearson is a top 10 talent, but because a lot of teams need more help at other positions besides OT, Pearson has fell. Baltimore kept Lewis and he can help make some holes for Lewis, who just missed the past season.

25. New Orleans - Josh Reed WR LSU - This is a steal for New Orleans who needs a WR and can take Reed, who a lot of New Orleans fans already like since he went to LSU. He will help out their passing game, one of the stronger points on this team.

26. Philadelphia - Toniu Fonoti OG Nebraska - A very good guard who is a monster and extremely strong will fall to Philadelphia and they can use his strength on an already decent line.

27. San Francisco - Andre Gurode OG Colorado - Ray Brown is getting old and he will need to be replaced soon, which is why San Francisco will take Gurode. He can help San Francisco's already strong running game.

28. Green Bay - Javon Walker WR FSU - Green Bay needs help at WR, where they only have 2 good WR. They need a third wideout, which is why they will take Walker.

29. Chicago - Kenyo Craver CB Nebraska - Craver will help Chicago's CB corps on an already excellent defense.

30. Pittsburgh - Lito Sheppard CB Florida - Although I don't think him or Craver should be picked in this area, they will be. Pittsburgh has a good defense but I still think they will pick a CB, and Sheppard is the best one available at this time.

31. St. Louis - Marquise Walker WR Michigan - Since St. Louis doesn't have any glaring needs, they will take a WR since they lost Hakim. Walker may not be first round material but lets face it, they don't really have any galring needs.

32. New England - Levi Jones OT Arizona State - Jones has worked his way into the first round, and New England, a team without a great offensive line, will take advantage and select Jones.

Second round:

33. Houston - William Green RB Boston College - There are a lot of good RBs in this draft, but it is not a glaring need on a lot of teams since these are mostly low first round players. Green is a good RB who will do well in front of Houston's great offensive line.

34. Carolina - DeShaun Foster RB UCLA - Three running backs in a row will kick off the second round. Detroit needs help in the running game, and Foster will help them.

35. Detroit - Anthony Weaver DT Notre Dame - Detroit can go a lot of places with this pick, but I believe they will stick with defense, which is why they will go with Weaver, a guy who can help their line. Weaver can also play DE which is always a positive.

36. Buffalo - Terrance Metcalf OG Mississippi State - Buffalo needs a lot of help on the offensive line, and Metcalf would be a good start. Since the team already has Ruben Brown, having Metcalf can establish power in the middle of the Buffalo line.

37. Dallas - Mike Rumph CB Miami - Dallas really needs a CB, and without a pick high enough to take Jammer in the first round, they will take advantage and take the talented Rumph, who has already been involved in great secondaries in college.

38. Minnesota - Dorsett Davis DT Mississippi - Minnesota is desperate for defensive help, and they already have one good DT in Hovan, so they will select another one. Davis is a tough player who can step in and help Minnesota.

39. San Diego - Eddie Freeman DT Alabama-Birmingham - San Diego needs a DT, so they will go with Freeman. They are strong at DE so this will help them have a strong defensive line.

40. Jacksonville - Dennis Johnson DE Kentucky - Johnson may be the best pass rusher in the draft. Jacksonville has an awful line and needs help at DE and DT, and they will take the most talented defensive linemen at this point, which will be Johnson.

41. Cincinnati - Michael Lewis S Minnesota - Cincinnati needs help almost everywhere, but the worst part of their team is the secondary, so they will try to fix that with their first two picks in the draft.

42. Indianapolis - Saleem Rasheed LB Alabama - Indy will probably select defensive players with almost every pick in the draft, so this is a no brainer. They are weak at LB and they can select Rasheed, who will probably start right away.

43. Kansas City - Dwight Freeney DE Syracuse - Kansas City has a lot of holes, and will fill another one by drafting Freeney. Freeney can immediately help Kansas City's pass rush.

44. New Orleans - Kevin Thomas CB UNLV - New Orleans really needs a CB, and with none available that are worth picking when they were up in the first round, they will certainly go for one in the second.

45. New York Giants - Reche Caldwell WR Florida - The Giants still need a third WR even if they do go with Shockey in the first, which is why they will go with Caldwell in the second, who already has a lot of big game experience.

46. Tennessee - Kendall Simmons OG Auburn - With the probable retirement of Bruce Matthews, Tennessee will have an opening at guard. Eddie George will be successful this season after struggling last year after having offseason surgery, and filling in the void at guard will make their running game successful again.

47. Cleveland - Levar Fisher OLB North Carolina State - Cleveland already has one very successful OLB in Jamir Miller, and they can use another, which is a good reason to select Fisher.

48. San Diego - Derek Ross CB Ohio State - San Diego has a great safety in Rodney Harrison, but they need some corners, and Ross would be a good start.

49. Arizona - Alex Brown DE Florida - Brown, who had a great college career, would be a good fit for Arizona, who really needs help on the defensive line. After drafting a DT in the first round, they should go for a DE in the second and try to make the defensive line a positive part of the team.

50. Houston - Lamont Thompson S Washington State - Houston obviously has many holes as they are an expansion team, but they already have a strong offensive line and two talented corners. If they draft a safety, they could also start the season with a strong secondary. This team will have strengths when the season starts, which is incredible for an expansion team (the expansion draft really helped, however)

I think there will be a lot of trades. I think the Jets, Chicago, and maybe Pittsburgh will all trade out of the first round.

William Green

I believe William Green is the best RB in the draft. He will not make it to the second round. Perhaps Oakland or Green Bay or Seattle will trade him. Otherwise, I wouldnt be surprised if Dallas tried to take them if they traded down with their first pick or up with their second.

Cleveland will go for Portis or Duckett. Oakland, Green Bay, and Seattle will all not select a RB, none of those teams need one. They won't draft a guy just to deal him.

I agree... the only teams that NEED a RB are Cleveland, Houston, Carolina, and maybe Dallas and Detroit. But dont you think Arizona should try and get someone with that late first pick? No one else seems to indicate that, but then again, Arizona is losing a lot to free agency and has holes to fill.

Back
Top Bottom