I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in

Solid draft, and I'd be elated to have it, but AWJ will be a first round pick come April. He's going to rise like Savage did this past draft. Would not be shocked if we used 1B on him, I don't think he makes it all the way to 1C. 1C, I believe, will be our trade down piece for more picks & future selections.

Last year there was ONE RB taken in the first round and ONE RB taken in the second round... that's it.

Yet, if you read through the threads, at least 5 or 6 RBs have been described as 'sure to go higher than....'

I think we are going to be very pleasantly surprised by the talent that falls here.

Last year there was ONE RB taken in the first round and ONE RB taken in the second round... that's it.

Yet, if you read through the threads, at least 5 or 6 RBs have been described as 'sure to go higher than....'

I think we are going to be very pleasantly surprised by the talent that falls here.

It's a better RB class, but fans do tend to overrate the significance of the position.

It's a better RB class, but fans do tend to overrate the significance of the position.

Yeah... I figure maybe 4 in the first two rounds?

That'll still send some awfully good backs to the third day of the draft. We picked a really good year to need a new starter.

I want to take a devil's advocate approach:

Assume Tua ia not available at 5 (he doesn't clear medical, He is not Flores guy, he gets selected by Detroit, whatever the case). How does the approach differ? Do we go with another QB at 5? Do we trade down? Go DE early?

Assume Tua ia not available at 5 (he doesn't clear medical, He is not Flores guy, he gets selected by Detroit, whatever the case). How does the approach differ? Do we go with another QB at 5? Do we trade down? Go DE early?
I'd trade down in this scenario. I also would NOT trade up. There are far too many good players out there. Just gotta pick the right ones. :ponder:

Nice mock as far as talent and positions we need help at but........we're already taking a gamble on an injured QB who I like but taking another on Winfield who's been hurt plenty of times too might not be a good idea and then he's a FS and we already have Rowe there who had a nice season so, I'd rather draft a SS at some point. Also, I agree with J off that not drafting a WR from such a good class is a bad idea imo.
Rowe is a SS. We need a FS.

I have a strong feeling that Justin Herbert will be another Aaron Rodgers and go late in the 1st, or even 2nd round maybe. Lots of people seem turned off by his introvert personality. If he is there in the 2nd, omg im jumping at

In that scenario, I would think we take a tackle there. With Young and likely Okudah off the board, the next best Edge is a bit of a drop, IMO. Hard telling how they view the other QB's but I would suspect they take a chance with remaining lower picks on a QB. That leaves us with one of these three.....Thomas, Wirfs or Wills. I am hearing more and more that Wills is the best tackle in the draft so he could go to NY at 4.

I have a strong feeling that Justin Herbert will be another Aaron Rodgers and go late in the 1st, or even 2nd round maybe. Lots of people seem turned off by his introvert personality. If he is there in the 2nd, omg im jumping at

Just don't think he will be there in the 2nd. Perhaps we get him at 18? It seems if we pick him or Tua at 5 they both will be sitting the first year. Tua from and injury standpoint and Herbert from an experience standpoint. I would not trade up in any circumstance.

nope every time I see tua with our #5 pick I go no further.

I was in the same boat a while back. Then I realized that there is a significant chance that one of Tua, Herbert or Love will be taken by us in the 1st round. I don’t see Ross waiting another year for a franchise QB. Tua sitting an entire year behind Fitz/Rosen would still sell a ton of jerseys. Heck, he’d probably be our number 1 seller.

Back
Top Bottom