I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in

I want to take a devil's advocate approach:

Assume Tua ia not available at 5 if he doesn't clear medical, He is not Flores guy, he gets selected by Detroit, whatever the case). How does the approach differ? Do we go with another QB at 5? Do we trade down? Go DE early?

For me it’s thomas or wirfs at 5 in that scenario if no qb but I’m not putting thomas at anything but left tackle and I’m not putting wirfs at anything but right tackle or guard

I like Dobbins and think he's going to have a good NFL career. However, i think signing Jordan Howard for the heavy work and drafting Travis Etienne to split the rushing duties and be the third down back would give MIami a very good 1-2 /inside-outside attack and might be the better option over Dobbins.

I have a strong feeling that Justin Herbert will be another Aaron Rodgers and go late in the 1st, or even 2nd round maybe. Lots of people seem turned off by his introvert personality. If he is there in the 2nd, omg im jumping at
Rodgers was a long time ago. This is 2020 and Herbert will go top 10 most likely.

The only issue I have with the draft picks is Tua at #5. I don’t see the Dolphins drafting him because of his hip surgery and if they take a QB at 5 it will probably be Herbert, even though I am not sold on him. I think they more likely go defense with that first pick. The rest of the picks seem very solid.
While #5 is higher than I like for an OT, I hate to miss out on the top guys.

We definitely need to address the need of a pass rusher, that can also set tge edge against the run.

While #5 is higher than I like for an OT, I hate to miss out on the top guys.

We definitely need to address the need of a pass rusher, that can also set tge edge against the run.

I really think you are describing Espenesa. He'd be my target if the Raiders come calling for #5. Pick up an extra pick while moving down to our real target.

Just tried the Fanspeak simulator. Quite a bounty!! #5-Andrew Thomas LT Ga, #18-Tua, yes he dropped, #27-Trey Smith G, Tenn, end of first round. After that it was Shaq Quaterman LB U of M, Antoine Winfield S Wis and Treyvon Hill Edge U of M. I only signed up for 7 rounds.

The Dolphins are going to do 2 things that few expect...

1. Flores has hinted at it - the team will pursue an abundant number ofdollar wise free agents.
Likely we will see fewer Derrick Henry type investments...
2. Trade down in the draft and end up with more picks -
Love that strategy. Get a lot of solid talent and coach em up. After what they did with this year's bunch, I have high hopes.

I buy it. Bet he tests average too. Cam Jordan was more smooth imo than this kid. More twitchy and smooth. More fluid. This kids power and force

Idk Epenesa turns the corner really well for a guy his size and shows light feet. I'd expect him to do really well in the agility drills and to run well for his size. Perfect fit for Miami's D imo.

Yeah that does show some hip fluidity and some pretty good feet. I was thinking he was about 285. I had a top 15 grade on cam Jordan at the time. I’d be surprised if Espenosa runs sub 4.85 personally. If he stays in school I think it’s cause he’s worried about running a bad # in the 40.

I didn’t love it early in the season when I saw him but I definitely saw a difference in tbe pop in his hands in the second half the season. I do like that get off (although I think some of that’s him jumping tbe count) to redirect in space and I know he’s got the rip/slap in him.

in terms of fit for Miami yeah I see it. Some would say that’s a 5 tech same thing was said about cam Jordan and he’s made it playing 34 de and 43 de in tbe saints scheme.

Last edited:
For edge, I really like Alton Robinson out of Scuse. He is raw and needs some good coaching, but there is a lot to work with. Nice get off and naturally uses his hands well.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised with who lasts longer than anyone expected.

This is a very nice drat to have a lot of picks in the first couple rounds - Miami can't screw it up..
:bobdole:

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom