I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in

I too would be very happy with that draft, though I have doubts about Epenesa and Dobbins lasting that long
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised with who lasts longer than anyone expected.

This is a very nice drat to have a lot of picks in the first couple rounds - Miami can't screw it up..

The Dolphins are going to do 2 things that few expect...

1. Flores has hinted at it - the team will pursue an abundant number ofdollar wise free agents.
Likely we will see fewer Derrick Henry type investments...
2. Trade down in the draft and end up with more picks -

I did one of those mock drafts for 3 rounds and I cam up with the following:

Rd 1 #5 Tua
Rd 1 #18 K'Lavon Chaisson
Rd 1 #27 Mekhi Becton
Rd 2 #39 Travis Etienne
Rd 2 #56 Calvin Throckmorton
Rd 3 #70 Anfernee Jennings

I have a feeling that AJ will have a good combine taking out of our 2nd 1st round pick range.

Just a hunch. Would love to nab him there though

I like both of these draft scenarios mentioned here and agree with John 813 that the combine will push people up and push people down. My only fear is we may have to give up a bit for Tua should our decision makers want him but if they like him and it costS us a bit I’m down.

I would never select a questionable, injured player with an early pick. The entire draft is a gamble, so why make the odds of drafting a possible bust even greater?

I think the only reason you mention questionable is because of injury, prior to that most weren’t questioning his talent.

It’s about taking the chance at a great player vs the above average type player..that’s the other side of the coin since you asked the question.

Other than QB or a super elite talent, I am a "stay away from injured players" type of guy. But with as many picks we have this year and next year, it minimizes the risk with a QB who could POTENTIALLY be a superstar. I think you wait at 5, and if he drops, you grab him. I don't think you trade up unless you're getting rid of a player you don't need for salary cap reasons or something like that. Once you start trading away picks, that risk you minimize by having so many picks becomes greater because you just traded away the insurance policy(extra picks) on the risky prospect whose failure you want the insurance policy to insure you against.
Did that make sense?

I think the only reason you mention questionable is because of injury, prior to that most weren’t questioning his talent.

It’s about taking the chance at a great player vs the above average type player..that’s the other side of the coin since you asked the question.
High risk for a otherwise unattainable leader we have been in dire need for seems like a easy pill to swallow considering we may finally have a coach, money to burn, and a load of draft capitol. If they love him I'm down for the cost, if they aren't, I'm ok with that too. The draft is all about luck and due diligence, if we nail this one we may have finally be headed up.

Back
Top Bottom