I’d legit be disappointed if the 1st round picks... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’d legit be disappointed if the 1st round picks...

Sewell is an awesome talent, but with Miami having Jackson and Hunt (Two young linemen with loads of potential that can eventually play tackle at a top level), I would actually be upset if at 3, (or wherever we pick, if we trade down), if we don't take Chase, Smith, or Parsons.

It sounds like the Jets are sticking with Darnold so it’s likely they get Sewell (who I wasn’t blown away by watching them play Iowa State in their bowl game) to protect him.

with that said, I’m no longer set on Chase. I think with a history between Tua and Smith, and his ability to get behind defenses and run routes, I have adjusted to move Smith slightly ahead of Chase. I’m still not going to be disappointed in either pick, but they must get one of them with #3 and must get a running game with the second pick. Unless they plan on adding a FA, proven back.

I still have Chase ahead of Smith but not by enough to really matter.

Given the choice I take Chase but would be really happy with Smith.

Not at 3 though, that is just too high for WR. The Fins will have the #2 QB or Sewell to dangle in a trade down and they should be able to pull that off.

I am thinking Sewell to Cincy at #5 or the QB to Atlanta/Detroit/Carolina.

It sounds like the Jets are sticking with Darnold so it’s likely they get Sewell (who I wasn’t blown away by watching them play Iowa State in their bowl game) to protect him.

with that said, I’m no longer set on Chase. I think with a history between Tua and Smith, and his ability to get behind defenses and run routes, I have adjusted to move Smith slightly ahead of Chase. I’m still not going to be disappointed in either pick, but they must get one of them with #3 and must get a running game with the second pick. Unless they plan on adding a FA, proven back.
Of course you weren't; he didn't play. He opted out the entire season.

I will be SHOCKED if the Jesters take Penei Sewell... They just took Bechton last year, the guy I thought had the highest ceiling of any of the Left Tackles.

Now, they may trade down... but I don't think anyone is trading up for a Tackle, even one as good as Sewell.

Now... we just took Austin Jackson, and while I like him a lot long term, I don't think he has the other-world ceiling of Bechton or Sewell, so I see us as being MUCH more likely to go Tackle that the Jets... especially considering that our QB is undersized and has already had one major injury.

So... mark me down as being 95% sure that Sewell will be there @3, and that any mock that says otherwise... should be disregarded. We may trade down here, but I think he'll be there if we want him.

Back
Top Bottom