I’d legit be disappointed if the 1st round picks... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’d legit be disappointed if the 1st round picks...

Dmefoc

Active Roster
Reaction score
Aren’t
#3. Chase
#18. Harris

I know Smith had a stellar season but that’s in large part to an overall offense that had too many weapons. He’s a fast, but small guy. Don’t forget Chase set records in 2019 and is a physical WR.

Najee Harris is maybe the most undervalued person in this draft, and under appreciated player in college football. How many times have we seen him simply hurdle defenders for extra yards? A big, durable back that can do it all. It would be an absolute STEAL if he’s available at 18.

I would be disappointed if our first pick is not one of Sewell, Chase, Smith, Parsons in that order.
If we land a Collins at 1B, RB at 2A and BPA at 2B I will be ecstatic.
Wish List would be 1-2 WR's, LB, RB and 1-DT, that would be a nice haul.

Aren’t
#3. Chase
#18. Harris

I know Smith had a stellar season but that’s in large part to an overall offense that had too many weapons. He’s a fast, but small guy. Don’t forget Chase set records in 2019 and is a physical WR.

Najee Harris is maybe the most undervalued person in this draft, and under appreciated player in college football. How many times have we seen him simply hurdle defenders for extra yards? A big, durable back that can do it all. It would be an absolute STEAL if he’s available at 18.
I’m with you on Chase but only if we can trade down with Detroit Carolina or Denver at 7/8/9. #3 is just to risky for a WR although I totally agree with you and have said I think he’s going to be a superstar. If we get stuck at #3 assuming the Jets don’t take Sewell then he has to be the pick. It’s just to much value to pass on and he’s as sure of a thing as their is in this draft.

I completely disagree on Najee Harris at 18. That’s way to high for any tailback. If we could get him in the back end of the 1st from a trade down like around 27 or beyond then I’d be ok with that but prefer to wait until round 2 to select our tailback.

I’ve stayed on here I would take Travis Etienne before I would Harris bc I think he’s Alvin Kamara. Theirs a big misconception on here that Etienne is all finesse but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. No he’s not as powerful as Harris but I’ve watched every game of TEs career at Clemson (Yes I’m a Clemson fan) but TE will certainly run it between the tackles and hammer LBs and Safety’s that come up. I’m sure someone will say I’m being biased and that’s fair enough but I’m being completely honest. Plus TE has speed the NH don’t and that’s the difference for me. If TE gets a crease he’s fittin to house it.

I’m with you on Chase but only if we can trade down with Detroit Carolina or Denver at 7/8/9. #3 is just to risky for a WR although I totally agree with you and have said I think he’s going to be a superstar. If we get stuck at #3 assuming the Jets don’t take Sewell then he has to be the pick. It’s just to much value to pass on and he’s as sure of a thing as their is in this draft.

I completely disagree on Najee Harris at 18. That’s way to high for any tailback. If we could get him in the back end of the 1st from a trade down like around 27 or beyond then I’d be ok with that but prefer to wait until round 2 to select our tailback.

I’ve stayed on here I would take Travis Etienne before I would Harris bc I think he’s Alvin Kamara. Theirs a big misconception on here that Etienne is all finesse but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. No he’s not as powerful as Harris but I’ve watched every game of TEs career at Clemson (Yes I’m a Clemson fan) but TE will certainly run it between the tackles and hammer LBs and Safety’s that come up. I’m sure someone will say I’m being biased and that’s fair enough but I’m being completely honest. Plus TE has speed the NH don’t and that’s the difference for me. If TE gets a crease he’s fittin to house it.
Is Etienne a good pass blocker in blitz pickup

I love Etienne and would love to have him just don't know about that high. I don't think Grier will take any RB until the 2nd.

I like Clemson, when I was stationed in Columbia we had a Clemson agricultural lot behind our house. It’s where I ran every night

Those two would be great additions.

But what if Miami traded down, added a first round pick for 2022, and ended up with another good receiver and a running back like Williams from NC State?

Would you be disappointed with that?

Is Etienne a good pass blocker in blitz pickup
He’s actually improved in pass pro quite a bit. Pull up the Sugar Bowl against OSU last week where OSU blitzed early and often. I know their were at least 3 times in the 1st half alone where he stoned an oncoming blitzer. I’m not saying he’s the best pass pro back in the draft bc Idk enough about the other guys pass pro abilities but he’s definitely solid.

Catching the ball out of the backfield is something he has really worked hard on and he’s become a complete back. I believe he had 48 receptions this year and 102 for his career. When I watch him I can’t help but see Alvin Kamara. I believe he’s actually a bit thicker than Kamara though as he’s listed at 205 but played this past season around 215. So he’s a solidly built tailback at 5’11 210/215.

I love Etienne and would love to have him just don't know about that high. I don't think Grier will take any RB until the 2nd.
Yeah that’s why in my first post I said no way I’d take any tailback at 18. But if we could get down to around 27 I’d be ok with taking him at the back end of the 1st round but I would prefer to wait until round 2 to take a tailback. The problem is chances are both Etienne/Harris will be gone by our pick at #36. So maybe we use #18 to move down to late 1st or we either use #36 to move up to late 1st bc I think that’s the window Etienne/Harris will be going. Somewhere between 25-35.

Those two would be great additions.

But what if Miami traded down, added a first round pick for 2022, and ended up with another good receiver and a running back like Williams from NC State?

Would you be disappointed with that?
This is exactly what I want to do. Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 or Denver at 9 are all prime spots for us for a trade down. It don’t matter which although I’ll admit I would prefer Detroit bc chances are their 2022 #1 will be top 10 and maybe even top 5. We move down to 1 of those spots but only if whoever the trade partner will be is willing to part with their 2022 #1. So we pick up the 2022 #1 while moving down and virtually guaranteeing we will get 1 of the 3 premium WRs (Chase Smith or Waddle).

If nobody is willing to part with their 2022 #1 I’m probably staying put at #3 and taking Sewell bc I feel really safe with that pick.

Not trying to be that guy but JeVonte Williams is from UNC not NC St. Just want to make sure that’s clear for anybody that may not pay as much attention to college ball as some of the rest of us but I think JW is a good player. I’d be ok with him in round 2 but if Etienne/Harris are gone I’d take Memphis Kenneth Gainwell before I would JW. I think Gainwell is a more well rounded back with pass receiving skills and he doubles as a kick/punt returner as well. So I would take KG before I would JW if given the choice.

Yeah that’s why in my first post I said no way I’d take any tailback at 18. But if we could get down to around 27 I’d be ok with taking him at the back end of the 1st round but I would prefer to wait until round 2 to take a tailback. The problem is chances are both Etienne/Harris will be gone by our pick at #36. So maybe we use #18 to move down to late 1st or we either use #36 to move up to late 1st bc I think that’s the window Etienne/Harris will be going. Somewhere between 25-35.
You are right I think the sweet spot for Etienne or Harris would be in the early 20's to end of the 1st round. Maybe if we got some capital from a possible trade down from 3 or we trade down from 18 as you suggest we could grab him. Man I hate when I really like certain players and we never seem to get them. I liked Taylor, Swift and Dobbins last year, right in our cross hairs and no bueno.

For me, if we didnt trade down a bit and come away with Smith at 5,6, or 7, and then at 18 Ettienne or Collins, that would be a dissapointment.

Aren’t
#3. Chase
#18. Harris

I would be legitimately upset if those were Miami's first round picks.

Back
Top Bottom