I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp) | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp)

Win loss record is entirely irrelevant to the evaluation of individual play.

We won some of those games in spite of him.

Why can't people just be fair and admit regardless of their own evaluation he has absolutely not shown one way or the other whether he's an NFL caliber QB?
Because we're not required to agree with your opinion.

If as you state, he doesn’t have to go to a 3 day rookie camp. Exactly what is the big deal if he doesn’t show up? The fans not sure of Tua really don’t matter at all. As long as Flores and the coaching staff as well as the players have confidence in Tua is all that matters.
So what ur point??? This not about me or u..I though it would be good for him to go. It up Tua to go to rookie camp or not..
If as you state, he doesn’t have to go to a 3 day rookie camp. Exactly what is the big deal if he doesn’t show up? The fans not sure of Tua really don’t matter at all. As long as Flores and the coaching staff as well as the players have confidence in Tua is all that matters.
It not big deal if Tua dont think he should be there.we will come back to this at end of yr..

So what ur point??? This not about me or u..I though it would be good for him to go. It up Tua to go to rookie camp or not..

It not big deal if Tua dont think he should be there.we will come back to this at end of yr..
every. single. post.... "it's up to tua.. it's up to tua. It's not up to me, it's up to tua'.

I'll never ever wonder who it's up to. Ever...

Holds ball too long - look at the metrics I posted.

I conceded on the NFL arm and I didn't say he didn't have an NFL arm. I said his arm is not strong. Read my last post. It's not a great arm...if one is accurate, which I posted the metrics on. He was not.

Struggling to read defenses has been a knock on him. I posted his numbers after 2.5 seconds.

I gave you the all time list of QB's under 6'. It's 3 of the top 20 passers ever. As I said before, he's fighting an uphill battle there because of his size. Dude, please stop twisting what I'm saying. He will need to be more dynamic because of his size.
View attachment IMG_1845.MP4

you said under 6'2" earlier. At any rate, here's a list of all-time great short NFL QBs, note none of them are taller than Tua and Kyler Murray, at 5'10", isn't listed

also, here a scouting report that disagrees with much of what you say about Tua. These are just opinions like yours

I apologize for mistaking my words in the midst of 100 posts. Yes, 3 are under 6'2". What I was meaning was only 3 are only 6'. I would think you could've inferred that. I guess not.

And two of those all time greats are in the top 25 statistically all time. Thank you for making my point.

I apologize for mistaking my words in the midst of 100 posts. Yes, 3 are under 6'2". What I was meaning was only 3 are only 6'. I would think you could've inferred that. I guess not.

And two of those all time greats are in the top 25 statistically all time. Thank you for making my point.
What does it matter whether or not they are in the top 25 statically all time? With the way passing is nowadays pretty much most QB's from the 90's, 80's, and 70's regardless of height are going to be pushed out of the top 25. Matthew Stafford and Drew Bledsoe are top 25 in passing TD's while Steve Young is not. Eli Manning has more passing yards than every single QB from the 80's and 70s except Marino.

What does it matter whether or not they are in the top 25 statically all time? With the way passing is nowadays pretty much most QB's from the 90's, 80's, and 70's regardless of height are going to be pushed out of the top 25. Matthew Stafford and Drew Bledsoe are top 25 in passing TD's while Steve Young is not. Eli Manning has more passing yards than every single QB from the 80's and 70s except Marino.
You're missing the point. It's a massive disadvantage to be a pocket passer under 6'2". That's the point of this. Drew Brees is a unicorn. It's just the way it is. The under 6'2" guys today can do other things. Most are great athletes.

I've realized no matter what you put in front of people, it's just no different than politics. They will twist it the way they want it. Wasting my time. Someone once said don't talk religion or politics because you will never change peoples mind. I guess you need to add Tua to that list!

1. He's small for an NFL QB - Fact

2. His arm is average for an NFL QB - By all scouting and film accounts - Fact

3. He has limited mobility - Fact

4. QBR - 52.5 - Fact - #26 in football, Fitz 76.9 - #5 in football - Fact

5. Net yards per pass attempt - #28 - Fact

6. Net yards gained per pass attempt #30 - Fact

7. 181 yards per game - #33 - Fact

8. 9.8 yards per completion - #31 - Fact

9. TD% - 3.8 - #23 - Fact

10. Sack% - #22 - Fact

You can bring up opinion all you want.

I'm not making this up. This is not an opinion. These are facts.
1. True he is slightly small (but not Flutie small)
2. True average arm
3. His Mobility is average to above average (look at his college days and remember coming off hip)
4. QBR -yep
5. True but some of that falls on the OC and lack of receievers
6.see above
7. see above
8. see above
9. Yes
10. Cant argue.

Herbert may end up being the long term superior QB but Tua has enough tools to be top 5-7 QB in the NFL and Im banking on FLo more then anyone else. I support giving Tua everything he needs to succeed and as we all know by now, FLo will move on if they make mistakes!

1. True he is slightly small (but not Flutie small)
2. True average arm
3. His Mobility is average to above average (look at his college days and remember coming off hip)
4. QBR -yep
5. True but some of that falls on the OC and lack of receievers
6.see above
7. see above
8. see above
9. Yes
10. Cant argue.

Herbert may end up being the long term superior QB but Tua has enough tools to be top 5-7 QB in the NFL and Im banking on FLo more then anyone else. I support giving Tua everything he needs to succeed and as we all know by now, FLo will move on if they make mistakes!
Agree with you on everything, maybe 5-7 is pressing the envelope. The thing I loved about Flores was that he did not give up on him after he went to him. That's good coaching. He made the move and even needed to pull him but he stuck with him. He'll get his chance. Would you be happy if he was a top 15 qb.. Say 13-15 range?

They were all very successful with a few in the HOF, which proves my point, Tua is tall enough.

Back
Top Bottom