Ideal Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ideal Mock Draft

dnr3131

Active Roster
Reaction score
This would be an ideal mock draft (except). Trading down twice to get more draft capital (an extra 2nd and a 3rd or both) would be ideal. However, trading down such as this mock draft has Miami doing, then taking an O-Lineman when Wilkins (DT), Greedy Williams (CB), and Simmons (DT) are all still on the board wouldn't make me happy. I know, who am I (just a lifetime Dolfan)?
My point is, in this scenario, why not take one of the top CB's and all the sudden make our defensive backfield a strength while on the cheap as well, not to mention very young. Why not take Wilkins or Simmons and strengthen our D-Line, again on the cheap as well as young. Not to mention that our D-Line coach, Hobby (from Clemson), is familiar with Wilkins (connect the dots).
I just don't see Miami taking a O-Lineman in the first (not the Patriot way, not Flores style).

Would you all be happy with this mock? Or good with the trades down, but not the player?

Or would you all like for them to stay at 13 (such as this mock) and take Haskins (I wouldn't mind it)?

Mock Draft

Justin Hier"s 2019 First-Round NFL Mock Draft 1.0

I'm all for trading down as much as we can, I don't care for the QBs this year and I don't really see many elite prospects in this draft, we can get really good value in the mid-late 1st round while adding more picks and future picks along the way.

I wouldn’t mind this scenario. I am slightly nervous we didn’t take Andre Dillard after the first trade but I am relieved when a quality OL is still around when we ultimately pick.

I wonder what those trades would yield in extra draft capital though. If it is just two 3rds, I am slightly disappointed. A 2nd and a 3rd makes me happy though

I like the idea of trading down and getting extra picks. This seems like the draft to do that. On the other hand, I wouldn't pass on Haskins if he's there at #13.

I think if you rank Haskins with the 2020 class of Tua, Herbert, Fromm and Love, he is right there with those guys.

I’m all for trading down and acquiring the best player at a position of need/relevance.

There is no OL vs. DL debate needed IMO.

We need so many of both that our only plan has to be to draft in bulk. I get that it’s not always easy to just trade down in non QB trade up situations, it can’t be that hard if it’s your clear intent though.

4 teams have no 1st round pick and Chicago has no 2nd either so wheeling dealing should be expected.

Howie Roseman plans to be aggressive targeting specific players the Eagles want to add to a pretty loaded roster. They have 2 late second rounders that should be in play (53 and 57) They need an elite corner, a future LT and youth on the DL so there should be a handful of players they’d be interested at 13.

Raiders have 4, 24, 27 and 35....Mayock will be active.

Joining Philly and Oakland in the 20’s are quite a few teams that need to take that next step or are desperately riding out a hall of fame QBs or Coaches careers with very little to show other than AA-rods lone title a decade ago.

HOU, LAC, IND, GB, KC and LAR.

Usually you trade down and end up with a bunch of "meh."

We've stayed put and still drafted just "meh" Players. We've traded up for guys and have been kicked in the nards. I just don't see any of the "elite prospects" Falling to us at 13 and if they do, then great, don't trade down. But if no one is there that we are thrilled about like a Tunsil or Minkah then listen to a few offers. We need as much young blood as we can get and added ammo to potentially get an elite QB prospect in 2020.

We've stayed put and still drafted just "meh" Players. We've traded up for guys and have been kicked in the nards. I just don't see any of the "elite prospects" Falling to us at 13 and if they do, then great, don't trade down. But if no one is there that we are thrilled about like a Tunsil or Minkah then listen to a few offers. We need as much young blood as we can get and added ammo to potentially get an elite QB prospect in 2020.
I don't disagree.

My ears would always be open, of course.

I think there will be a player (or players) there for us at 13.

I'd be thrilled with this.

Cody Ford is the one player I'd love to have in this draft. I'd drop him next to Tunsil and leave the two together for 10 years.

I’m fine with the double trade down and even the pick at 23 but without mentioning what we would get in those trades I wouldn’t call it “ideal”. In this scenario we passed on quite a few intriguing players so we better have received back quite a bit.

I hope Miami is a bit more aggressive in trying to find their QB of the future then this.

If Haskins is there, you take him, and you don't think twice. During sometime during the year you start him, see how he responds.

Then in 2020, you take another QB, and depending how Haskins looked, you take either another 1st round QB or you take one much later to groom as the backup.

Miami needs to find that franchise QB once and for all, and if it takes Miami picking a QB in the 1st early two years in a row...so be it.

Back
Top Bottom