Ideal Offseason: Free agency vs Draft WRs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ideal Offseason: Free agency vs Draft WRs

It's a ridiculous sport. So forgive me if I sound ridiculous, brah...I'm just looking at the highlights and I see a lot of passes beyond 20 yards that are wide open. Only they're typically playing from behind by more than 7 points.

Why didn't they have him throw the ball more than 10th in the league? Why wasn't he able to get more than 4 wins? Marino never had a 4 win season and our defense sucked with no running game. It doesn't make any sense.

I've shined on plenty of ****ty teams in my youth. I never thought I would've shined on a good team.

I'm still more intrigued with Tua's growth and development.
Their defense was BAD bro. 30th or worse in total yards, 3rd down defense, QB rating, dead last in rushing yards per game, yards per carry and takeaways. They were the only defense to finish with less than 10 turnovers...hell if it wasn’t for the Niners D finishing with only 7 a couple years ago Houston would’ve had the fewest takeways in nfl history.

They were 27th in points but at 29 a game, most years only one or two defenses are that bad but this past year we had 6...might be an anomaly or the start of a trend...

I'm still more intrigued with Tua's growth and development.
The odds of Tua reaching Watson’s level are slim. The odds of us hitting on all these draft picks are slim. We’ll probably hit on less than half. Watson is 25, do you think he’s peaked? The arrow is still pointing up with him, he’s going to get even better dude.

Their defense was BAD bro. 30th or worse in total yards, 3rd down defense, QB rating, dead last in rushing yards per game, yards per carry and takeaways. They were the only defense to finish with less than 10 turnovers...hell if it wasn’t for the Niners D finishing with only 7 a couple years ago Houston would’ve had the fewest takeways in nfl history.

They were 27th in points but at 29 a game, most years only one or two defenses are that bad but this past year we had 6...might be an anomaly or the start of a trend...

The odds of Tua reaching Watson’s level are slim. The odds of us hitting on all these draft picks are slim. We’ll probably hit on less than half. Watson is 25, do you think he’s peaked? The arrow is still pointing up with him, he’s going to get even better dude.

Tua's 4th quarter % is 76. His accuracy is exceptional and his release is faster than Marino's...again, forgive me if I maintain a modicum of faith in Tua's development.

We've got baby Drew Brees on our hands and I just don't want to make the same mistake twice.

I would like FA to be something like this....

Samuel wr
Tyrod Taylor qb
re-sign Karras C
Mack rb

Draft....

1a Smith or Chase (trade down a few spots)
1b Collins lb
2 a Williams rb
2 b Grant S
2 C Dickerson C (picked up in trade scenario)
3 Tryon DE
4-7 depth (maybe pick up a developmental quarterback)

Back
Top Bottom