Ideal outside WR match for Tannehill.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ideal outside WR match for Tannehill..

Its really too bad Brandon Marshall turned out the way it did. But he just couldn't stay. He didn't want to be here and he couldn't stay out of trouble. Any good-sized, physical receiver that can get separation downfield would be great. Even though I truly believe that RT and Wallace will start to hook more up at some point. Mike Wallace isn't going to change, I recently read some college-nfl scouting reports and he's always been a body-catcher. So with that in mind, we need to invest in a bigger, more physical outside receiver with decent speed and good hands.

Intriguing

He's going to be a devastating WR in the NFL.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Its really too bad Brandon Marshall turned out the way it did. But he just couldn't stay. He didn't want to be here and he couldn't stay out of trouble. Any good-sized, physical receiver that can get separation downfield would be great. Even though I truly believe that RT and Wallace will start to hook more up at some point. Mike Wallace isn't going to change, I recently read some college-nfl scouting reports and he's always been a body-catcher. So with that in mind, we need to invest in a bigger, more physical outside receiver with decent speed and good hands.

I watched a couple hours of YouTube highlights of Wallace TD's when in Pittsburgh last night and the one thing I noticed in a lot of them was that the Steelers had another burner going deep to keep the safeties honest. That's something that we desperately need if we want to help Wallace and Tannehill out.

DeVante Parker. 6'3 200+ averaging I believe 19 ypc and runs mid 4.3's.

8041688-1.jpg
That's the guy I want. I love Parker, but he may end up being out of reach come draft day.

My first thought was Andre Johnson but Fitzy works as well.

The thing about Tannehill is that he's never going to be a great fit for an outside receiver because he really prefers to throw inside. When he throws outside it's going to be on outbreaking routes or comebacks. The deep routes -- the skinny post, post corner, fly -- are not his forte and are just never going to be. So guys like Fitz or AJ are the best type of receivers for him because they can also play inside. Josh Gordon stylistically would also work (duh), but Gordon is also a sloppy route runner. He's just so physically gifted though that he's always open.

Devin Funchess or Issac Blakeney (Duke) could be the Big WR that TRyan needs.

Though, the recent mock on CBSSports.com has the phins taking Melvin Gordon which I really like. But, Artis-Payne (Auburn) might an ideal fit for Lazor's system.

Well WalterFootball has us taking ANOTHER OL so I'd be pretty much happy with anyone but that at this point. I don't think I could stomach another 1st round pick spent on an OL.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

The draft has some good early options. Kevin White will be gone, so Jaelan Strong, Ty Montgomery, Sammie Coates, DeVante Parker, Duke Williams, Dorial Green-Beckham are guys that are all 6-2+ that fit the mold. Haven't watched them in depth, just guys who fit early. Vince Mayle out of Washington St. is intriguing too. As far as I'm concerned our biggest need entering the offseason with the exception of maybe guard.

To me our biggest needs are an instinctual LB and a starting CB. I don't want to go into next season with those 2 groups pretty much the same as they are this year.

Well WalterFootball has us taking ANOTHER OL so I'd be pretty much happy with anyone but that at this point. I don't think I could stomach another 1st round pick spent on an OL.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

To me our biggest needs are an instinctual LB and a starting CB. I don't want to go into next season with those 2 groups pretty much the same as they are this year.

CB I agree. Linebacker with Jenkins and Misi manning two spots and Jordan and McCain in the mix, I'm comfortable with bringing in a cheap veteran. I'd also be fine with La'el Collins who walter mocked, working pretty damn well for the Cowboys.

CB I agree. Linebacker with Jenkins and Misi manning two spots and Jordan and McCain in the mix, I'm comfortable with bringing in a cheap veteran. I'd also be fine with La'el Collins who walter mocked, working pretty damn well for the Cowboys.

I'm not comfortable with Misi being our long term answer at MLB. He seems injury prone and he doesn't diagnose plays and blow them up like the type of MLB I want. McCain is still unproven and really so is Jordan. Until one of them proves they belong at this level I wouldn't pencil them in just yet. And even still they don't fill the MLB type. I want our next Zach or a guy like Kuechly or Alonso, etc. the type of crazy instinctual LB who can completely ruin a play on his own but also puts the rest of the D in the right position pre-play. Do you have confidence that Misi does either of those things? I certainly don't.

COULDN'T AGREE MORE! Especially seeing how far that's gotten us so far:rolleyes2:

I'm not comfortable with Misi being our long term answer at MLB. He seems injury prone and he doesn't diagnose plays and blow them up like the type of MLB I want. McCain is still unproven and really so is Jordan. Until one of them proves they belong at this level I wouldn't pencil them in just yet. And even still they don't fill the MLB type. I want our next Zach or a guy like Kuechly or Alonso, etc. the type of crazy instinctual LB who can completely ruin a play on his own but also puts the rest of the D in the right position pre-play. Do you have confidence that Misi does either of those things? I certainly don't.

Not arguing it's not a big need, I guess I just value WR and CB as more premium positions. I guess I feel like we can get by with Misi better than we can with Hartline or Jamar Taylor. We drafted Tripp that I think they're hoping will develop into that role, he's got good instincts and once he bulks up he's got a shot at playing time. And this class doesn't appear to have many cornerstone MLB types.

This draft is extremely deep with big-bodied, pacy receivers who have a good catch radius. We wouldn't have to go WR in Round 1 to snag a decent piece for the offense.

A Marques Colston type of guy would suit us very well. Id be tempted to double up on receivers in this draft. One in R2-3 and one later on. Id be looking at CB in round one. Ikpre-Olomu would be a good fit, though some more size in the secondary wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom