Ideas that would make for an exciting first round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ideas that would make for an exciting first round?

FinzManiac

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Scenarios that would make for an exciting first round?

I guess am more hoping that this happens, but I would love to see something like this occur.

San Fran's smoke screen doesn't work...they end up selecting Rodgers. That's when things start to get a little crazy. Minnesota trades up to get Edwards. Cleveland passes on Smith and trades down with Tampa. And Arizona eager to get the back they want jumps in front of Miami at 7 with Tennesee.

1. San Francisco - A. Rodgers
2. Minnesota (Trade) - B. Edwards
3. Tampa (Trade) - A. Smith
4. Chicago - C. Benson
5. Cleveland - A. Rolle
6. Arizona (Trade) - C. Williams
7. Miami - R. Brown
8. Tennesee - M. Williams

I am bored at work and just thinking of interesting scenarios...

Anyone else have any other scenarios?

i can see that happening without the arizona trade, if there were 2 backs available before our pick im sure they would be happy with either of the 2 we didn't pick

I like...

Round 1 (FIGHT):lol:
1. San Francisco - A. Smith
3. Cleveland - A. Rodgers
4. Chicago - C. Benson
5. Tampa - C. Williams/M. Williams
6. Tennesee - A. Rolle
7. Miami (Trade) - R. Brown
18. Miami (Trade) - Marcus Spears
. Round 2
46. Miami (trade) - Mike Nugent (from K.C. for Surtain)
. Round 3
70. Miami (Trade) - Adrian Mcpherson (from Chicago for Ogunleye)

How bout it.

BirHead22 said:
I like...

Round 1 (FIGHT):lol:
1. San Francisco - A. Smith
3. Cleveland - A. Rodgers
4. Chicago - C. Benson
5. Tampa - C. Williams/M. Williams
6. Tennesee - A. Rolle
7. Miami (Trade) - R. Brown
18. Miami (Trade) - Marcus Spears
. Round 2
46. Miami (trade) - Mike Nugent (from K.C. for Surtain)
. Round 3
70. Miami (Trade) - Adrian Mcpherson (from Chicago for Ogunleye)

How bout it.
I think that sounds good without Nugent. No way we trade Pat for a Kicker. How about Brodney Poole or Matt Jones? I also think we wait for a DE at least until next year. We would have
Taylor, Spears, Bowens, Carter, Holliday and backups. Its too many.

I want a second round kicker about as much as I want a kick in the balls.

Darryl Blackstock with KC's pick. That's the way to go.

Bowl_Bound said:
I think that sounds good without Nugent. No way we trade Pat for a Kicker. How about Brodney Poole or Matt Jones? I also think we wait for a DE at least until next year. We would have
Taylor, Spears, Bowens, Carter, Holliday and backups. Its too many.

If we drafted Spears, D. Bowens would probably be a June 1st cut IMO.

You should have to sit out a week just for suggesting the notion of a kicker....

No to Brown at 7

I dont like any of the mock drafts that have us trading down to seven and THEN selecting Ronnie Brown. We can get a good RB with our second first round pick. We should take Mike Williams if he is available at 7 then maybe look to the Caddy if he has slipped down that far. The talent at RB is not worth drafting at picks 1-10 IMO. Ronnie Brown WAS NOT the man at Auburn so what makes all of you think that he will be in the PROS. Remeber Rashaun Woods last year. He had an outstanding combine and that boosted his stock. When he got to San Fran, he couldn't even crack the starting line-up. Wait on drafting a RB

phunwin said:
I want a second round kicker about as much as I want a kick in the balls.

Darryl Blackstock with KC's pick. That's the way to go.

I know it's high for a kicker. Easily substitute best defensive player available at OLB or CB and I take that player b4 nugent.

The most exciting idea I have is making that same trade with Minnesota and hopefully taking either Rolle, Derrick Johnson, Merriman or Pacman with the #7. Thats not it though. I wouldnt mind taking Matt Jones ( I know..Ive fallen for the hype) at 18. That would give us a young playmaker on each side of the ball. And Matt Jones could really be special at WR, maybe just as good as any of the top WRs.

i dont want the sevent pick. I used to really want it with the 18th but i realized that b edwards is the man we should get.

Back
Top Bottom