If A Contending Team Loses Their Starting Qb?... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If A Contending Team Loses Their Starting Qb?...

Fitzpatrick is going to be starting all year so no.

Don’t bet the house on that.... expect O-line signings and Rosen to be your starter... the kid has a great arm. They have to find out if he is our franchise QB and worthy of a 2nd year... in which case the possible 2020 Tua draft turns into the possible 2021 Trevor draft... or not......

should we send Fitzpatrick to them for a nice draft pick? dumb question, its seems like a slam dunk to me
A nice draft pick?

If at any point in time in the future any NFL team expresses an iota of interest in Fitz, he would be gone so quick there would be no time to pack him a light lunch, and he would be at serious risk of whiplash.

For anything. Literally, any compensation.

A nice draft pick?

If at any point in time in the future any NFL team expresses an iota of interest in Fitz, he would be gone so quick there would be no time to pack him a light lunch, and he would be at serious risk of whiplash.

For anything. Literally, any compensation.
I think he could command a fifth but the odds that a contender with a worse option at backup would lose a starting QB is very low. We have no stud RB, no stud WR and no RT so why ride the season with 2 options at QB?

I think he could command a fifth but the odds that a contender with a worse option at backup would lose a starting QB is very low. We have no stud RB, no stud WR and no RT so why ride the season with 2 options at QB?
You always need a back up QB to run scout team in practice.

And, to a lesser extent (if you're a bad team), so a running back doesn't have to come in and play QB if your starter gets knocked out of the game, lol.

That's independent of any other needs a team might have.

But getting a 5th for that guy would be like Christmases and birthdays all wrapped up in one.

How does having backup QB stop you going out and getting a RB, WR or RT?

For whatever it's worth, while it wasn't great, PFF ranked the TB OL at 20 for Fitz and AZ at 32 for Rosen. (Guess who was ranked #31 LOL)

Last edited:
How does having backup QB stop you going out and getting a RB, WR or RT?
no sir, I am saying why keep 2 QBs when you have other needs? Where are we getting franchise players at these positions before the 2020 draft? So what good does Fitz being on the roster when we gave up a 2nd rounder for Rosen? Call it tanking? I call it long term planning

Because we can't keep enough QB's?

I'd think everyone can be traded....for the right price. He's what, 36, 37? He's not the future. Teams will have injuries and that include us as we all saw last year. I love my team but I'm also realistic. I can't see us making the playoffs this year so any draft pick for him would be welcome by me tbh.

seems like whatever team Fitzpatrick is on, he always starts at some point in the season.

Back
Top Bottom