If a Franchise Qb is there you take him. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If a Franchise Qb is there you take him.

Roman529 said:
I think it is too early too predict whether or not Smith ot Rodgers will be a "franchise QB," but I don't think either one will be a bust like Ryan Leaf....a lot of it depends which franchise picks him....you have a guy like Big Ben who fit very nicely in Pittsburgh and was lucky that Maddox got hurt and was ineffective....a lot of potentially great QB's ride the pine for years. I would like Aaron Rodgers as our QB because I have seen him play in person at Cal...he has a good arm, very accurate, good mobility and he has is very confident like Big Ben. But I think our priorities are at running back and Saban appears set on seeing what Feeley can do this year.

Yea, neither one of them seems to have Leafs wacko personality. Leaf is in his own distinctive class. :wink:

this reminds me alot of when Mcnabb ad culpepper got drafted, I Have had a gut feelings since daywe are drfting Smith i men have youall seen the pic of him and saban they look so happy together,lol

FinAtic8480 said:
Then why has he had two visits wit us,I can only imagine if this kid is passed on and we our stuck with feely for the next 2 or 3 years.i know saban wont keep him that long but imagine.you guys forget we can stilldraft a Rb in the secon round

u made a big oopsy, no 2nd round pick, we have to wait till later 3rd round cuz we got St Louis' 3rd rounder, so who will be left

I thikn we will get a second for surtai, dude be a little more obtamistic this is just a thread of our opinions. this is the fun part of the week before the draft

I don't know where some of you get this idea that these quarterbacks are rated high only because the media has been pumping them up or tha they are simply the top two in this draft.

If these quarterbacks didn't deserve to be a top pick, then the scouts and GM's wouldn't be considering them that high. It's like some of you think the media is controlling what that scouts think. Contrary to popular opinion, if there isn't a top flight quarterback in the draft, then there won't be a quarterback taken high.

Oh yeah and before eveyone kills i would like to keep surtain but we have to make other investments in this team and we have a kid by name of Will poole who i think canbe a solid #1 corner back

Simple, he is an unproven QB in the NFL. He has just as much opportunity to be the franchise QB as Feeley. We already used our 2nd round pick this year on Feeley, so drafting a QB shows that we have given up hope of Feeley. Plus we have bigger holes/needs than QB.

If I remember correctly, Feeley beat out Harrington for the starting QB job in College. It wasn't until Feeley got injured that Harrington took over and shined. Harrington then was drafted #3 in the 1st round by Detroit. I'm not saying Feeley is a top 3 pick, but he has just as much intangibles as either Rodgers or Smith. We have a new coach and a new system with a QB that has already gone through his growing pains, give Feeley a chance. We need a RB or defense, that's what we need to be focusing on. Us drafting a WR is not going to happen. You have to look long term and I don't see Miami resigning Chambers to a high contract and then having to resign Edwards or Williams to a high contract the following year. Too much money invested that could be spent in other more important areas. That's why RB and defense are our best positions to draft this year.

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
u made a big oopsy, no 2nd round pick, we have to wait till later 3rd round cuz we got St Louis' 3rd rounder, so who will be left
No 2nd yet, there are many options that could be explored before the draft to get a #2 for us.

i think KC just says **** it and leaves away wit the offer and signs Ty Law or someone else, but if we do get a 2nd rounder for surtain and get some good players from the draft cool, just not a QB, plus if KC does get Surtain i hope chambers can get passed him or booker, cuz we play em

I think feely is was pretty decent in the end of last season but he is already 28 and not alot of Qb's develope at 28

Um hummm....

fin-atic said:
Because prior to the media machine rolling, the QB class this years was considered rather weak. However, they have marketed it up so now everyone thinks these guys are great. I think one or both may be bust.

By contrast the WR and RB class is perceived as one of the best in a while.

Just like last years class was Manning and the rest of the bunch until about a month or so before draft time. Then others began to creep up. To be honest, there NEVER is a real guaranteed draft pick, whether it is the #1 pick or the dead last pick. I hope we never have to consider a #2 pick again - but since we are here - get the best value for the buck - and that is usually a QB, historically speaking. Forget about winning it all this year, the OL hasn't had enough experience with Houck, the D hasn't been on the field with each other, and the QB is still trying to get his tookus debruised from last year. Get a good young QB this year, and in a year or two, with more draft picks to find the players Saban wants, there will be a different team out there from the last four years.

JohnDolphin73 said:
Simple, he is an unproven QB in the NFL. He has just as much opportunity to be the franchise QB as Feeley. We already used our 2nd round pick this year on Feeley, so drafting a QB shows that we have given up hope of Feeley. Plus we have bigger holes/needs than QB.

If I remember correctly, Feeley beat out Harrington for the starting QB job in College. It wasn't until Feeley got injured that Harrington took over and shined. Harrington then was drafted #3 in the 1st round by Detroit. I'm not saying Feeley is a top 3 pick, but he has just as much intangibles as either Rodgers or Smith. We have a new coach and a new system with a QB that has already gone through his growing pains, give Feeley a chance. We need a RB or defense, that's what we need to be focusing on. Us drafting a WR is not going to happen. You have to look long term and I don't see Miami resigning Chambers to a high contract and then having to resign Edwards or Williams to a high contract the following year. Too much money invested that could be spent in other more important areas. That's why RB and defense are our best positions to draft this year.

You know, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say "Give Jay Fiedler a chance." I don't know what has made some of you believe that the quarterback position isn't that important.

RevRick said:
Just like last years class was Manning and the rest of the bunch until about a month or so before draft time. Then others began to creep up. To be honest, there NEVER is a real guaranteed draft pick, whether it is the #1 pick or the dead last pick. I hope we never have to consider a #2 pick again - but since we are here - get the best value for the buck - and that is usually a QB, historically speaking. Forget about winning it all this year, the OL hasn't had enough experience with Houck, the D hasn't been on the field with each other, and the QB is still trying to get his tookus debruised from last year. Get a good young QB this year, and in a year or two, with more draft picks to find the players Saban wants, there will be a different team out there from the last four years.
Yeah, what he said! Then if Feeley turns out to have a couple good seasons, we would be in the same situation SD is in right now. I wouldn't mind that, would you?

I said that for a while...

KB21 said:
You know, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say "Give Jay Fiedler a chance." I don't know what has made some of you believe that the quarterback position isn't that important.

Until the New England game in 2002.

im one of the few on this board that doesn't like smith... id take rodgers over him in a heartbeat... but i dont think either are cant pass up franchise QBs... id rather just take the BPA and these QBs arent even close to that at 2

Back
Top Bottom