If a Franchise Qb is there you take him. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If a Franchise Qb is there you take him.

fin-atic said:
Because prior to the media machine rolling, the QB class this years was considered rather weak. However, they have marketed it up so now everyone thinks these guys are great. I think one or both may be bust.

By contrast the WR and RB class is perceived as one of the best in a while.

Yes, I see. They are both bright, athletic and accurate passers. They both led their teams to excellent records and had very good statistics.

I can see why you think they aren't going to be good players????????
They are both better prospects than Losman was last year.

The draft is a very inexact science.....remember there was a QB named BLACKLEDGE drafted before Dan Marino and a few other turkeys that year. :lol:

KB21 said:
I don't know where some of you get this idea that these quarterbacks are rated high only because the media has been pumping them up or tha they are simply the top two in this draft.

If these quarterbacks didn't deserve to be a top pick, then the scouts and GM's wouldn't be considering them that high. It's like some of you think the media is controlling what that scouts think. Contrary to popular opinion, if there isn't a top flight quarterback in the draft, then there won't be a quarterback taken high.
Exactly. I don't know why some people feel the media dictates how teams feel about players. If teams didn't think these QB's were good, they wouldnt go in the top 10 whether it is a good draft or not.

The only thing that matters in this argument is Saban. If Saban doesnt feel that Feeley is going to be a franchise QB and he feels Smith or Rogers can, then he has to take one of them. If he feels Feeley could be a franchise QB OR doesnt feel Smith and Rogers are then you go somewhere else. It is as easy as that. QB is the most important position on the field, and you need to have a franchise QB to be successful most of the time. So if Nick doesnt think we have one and we have the chance to get one he must pull the trigger.

By the way guys Alex Smith will be spending two days down here tdoing interviews with coach saban,didnt he have a dinner with us the day of his workout.Im sorry guys but the only player saban has dspend the most time is Alex Smith

KB21 said:
I don't know where some of you get this idea that these quarterbacks are rated high only because the media has been pumping them up or tha they are simply the top two in this draft.

If these quarterbacks didn't deserve to be a top pick, then the scouts and GM's wouldn't be considering them that high. It's like some of you think the media is controlling what that scouts think. Contrary to popular opinion, if there isn't a top flight quarterback in the draft, then there won't be a quarterback taken high.

So why exactly where the scouts standing and clapping at Smiths workout?? Oh yeah I forgot that happens at every overrated QB's workout. Its basically like this, we envy something we can have like the top QB's last year, then when we can have something all people do is talk about them being a bust. If we where picking like 15 or 18 then everybody would love to have Smith or Rodgers. Quit acting like these guys are no good, just cause we have the chance of getting them.

FinAtic8480 said:
By the way guys Alex Smith will be spending two days down here tdoing interviews with coach saban,didnt he have a dinner with us the day of his workout.Im sorry guys but the only player saban has dspend the most time is Alex Smith

Probably because he doesn't know much about him.

KB21 said:
You know, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say "Give Jay Fiedler a chance." I don't know what has made some of you believe that the quarterback position isn't that important.

Feeley can make throws Fiedler couldn't dream of. I want to see what the coaching can do with AJ. I want us to pick up a QB in this draft, just not #2 overall. If you pick a QB at #2, make it Rodgers.

I don't like the system Smith came out of, I don't like the fact he was in Shotgun so much, and I don't like how his deep throws tend to hang. He is Not an Elway, Johns arm was a cannon.

I want to take the chance on AJ for this year and draft a QB in the lower rounds to groom. What have we got to lose in doing this? I doubt very much we are going to the Superbowl this year.

I would love to see a young Dolphin Quarterback taken with the second pick.

But, I am a Dolphins fan, don't have inside information, and will not get myself all hyped up on guessing who Saban will select. I will root for whoever ends up in a Fins uniform.

fin-atic said:
Because prior to the media machine rolling, the QB class this years was considered rather weak. However, they have marketed it up so now everyone thinks these guys are great. I think one or both may be bust.

By contrast the WR and RB class is perceived as one of the best in a while.

You've got it backwards. These guys weren't well known to the media b/c they weren't at high profile programs. The scouts knew about them, though. And when the scouts talked these guys up the media followed suit. It's the fans and their mocks that are influenced by the media.

JohnDolphin73 said:
Simple, he is an unproven QB in the NFL. He has just as much opportunity to be the franchise QB as Feeley. We already used our 2nd round pick this year on Feeley, so drafting a QB shows that we have given up hope of Feeley. Plus we have bigger holes/needs than QB.

If I remember correctly, Feeley beat out Harrington for the starting QB job in College. It wasn't until Feeley got injured that Harrington took over and shined. Harrington then was drafted #3 in the 1st round by Detroit. I'm not saying Feeley is a top 3 pick, but he has just as much intangibles as either Rodgers or Smith. We have a new coach and a new system with a QB that has already gone through his growing pains, give Feeley a chance. We need a RB or defense, that's what we need to be focusing on. Us drafting a WR is not going to happen. You have to look long term and I don't see Miami resigning Chambers to a high contract and then having to resign Edwards or Williams to a high contract the following year. Too much money invested that could be spent in other more important areas. That's why RB and defense are our best positions to draft this year.

His accuracy and his decision making are way below Smith and Rodgers. It's a problem he had with Philly too, so It's not just Miami's poor line. If they weren't then AJ would be a top 3 pick. Saying that AJ has as much potential as a top 3 pick is just a ridiculous statement.

rafael said:
His accuracy and his decision making are way below Smith and Rodgers. It's a problem he had with Philly too, so It's not just Miami's poor line. If they weren't then AJ would be a top 3 pick. Saying that AJ has as much potential as a top 3 pick is just a ridiculous statement.

AJ was pressured into bad throws, his accuracy is fine. Smith and Rdogers havent played in an NFL game yet we dont kno how they will react im not sold on Smith nor Rodgers till i see them in the NFL. But i think Rodgers will be better then SMith

I agree with the franchise QB statement. We don't have one, and if you don't have one you don't pass him up.

These guys (rodgers and smith) are not in the league of culpepper, mcnabb, carr, manning, palmer, roethlisberger.

Smith would be tempting at #2, but not Rodgers.

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
AJ was pressured into bad throws, his accuracy is fine. Smith and Rdogers havent played in an NFL game yet we dont kno how they will react im not sold on Smith nor Rodgers till i see them in the NFL. But i think Rodgers will be better then SMith

Did this happen in Philly too? His accuracy was haphazard there as well.

inFINSible said:
a first round draft pick that doesn't help your team until three years after you draft him is a horrible waste of cap space.

this thread explains why I say that.

That is an asinine thing to say. You have to build one piece at a time. Careers of QB's are generally longer than a RB's. What is the first thing an expansion team tries to do in their first draft? Find a young QB to build around.
Ronnie Brown will be a 24 year old rookie. I was on his bandwagon earlier, but now I don't think it is wise to use the 2nd overall pick on someone that age. Especially when you consider he wasn't a full time starter at Auburn.
When you have a lottery pick you have to pick the player with the least amount of blemishes and the player with the highest ceiling. That player is Alex Smith.

Back
Top Bottom