If a Franchise Qb is there you take him. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If a Franchise Qb is there you take him.

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
I dont understand why everyone wants to take a RB or WR. If Alex Smith is their why not take him.The kid is smart,and played some good ball for Utah he is also accurate and he has worked in offense similiar to what we have now.I would love Ronnie Brown, I would love Brylan edwards but if our staff sees potential in Alex Smith and they think he can be the next franchise Qb for our club why not take him.

:shakeno:

I agree. If Alex Smith is there, I would take him in a heartbeat (well unless somebody wants to pay a ransom).

i would take smith over rogers that for sure because he is younger and has the potential factor but still AJ is young and Edwards and Brown/benson/caddy are better

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
because he is not the next franchise QB, we dont kno that, i think he will be a bust

He may or may not be the next Marino/Kelly/Elway, however he is not going to be a bust.

Because prior to the media machine rolling, the QB class this years was considered rather weak. However, they have marketed it up so now everyone thinks these guys are great. I think one or both may be bust.

By contrast the WR and RB class is perceived as one of the best in a while.

He's not a 100% certainty to be a Franchise QB. He certainly warrants more caution than Eli Manning, Ben Rothlisberger and even Phillip Rivers did coming out of college last year. Smith has potential, but he will need more work/tutoring than any of those three atm, IMO. That's why there are some people leaning towards a RB or WR. Personally, I won't mind if we take Smith but I'm feeling a bit cautious. Manning and/or Rothlisberger would have been a no-brainer for me last year, but not so with Smith.

Mr Fan said:
He may or may not be the next Marino/Kelly/Elway, however he is not going to be a bust.

Aaron Rodgers will do good, Alex Smith is the next Tim Couch, Tim Couch had a good SR season and he was crap. But i kno most will say hes not Tim Couch, ikno that but Alex Smith is overrated and will be a bust in the NFL

Yes, that would absolutely be true if Saban Truly believed that Smith is a sure-fire franchise QB. I don't believe he thinks that b/c if he did he would not be so pressed to move down. he would stay put regardless of how many picks we have or don't have...

anything else would be a waste

If the 49ers take Rodgers, IMO Saban will go after Smith. But if the 49ers decide to take Smith then we could take Brown or trade down with the Bucs.

I think it is too early too predict whether or not Smith ot Rodgers will be a "franchise QB," but I don't think either one will be a bust like Ryan Leaf....a lot of it depends which franchise picks him....you have a guy like Big Ben who fit very nicely in Pittsburgh and was lucky that Maddox got hurt and was ineffective....a lot of potentially great QB's ride the pine for years. I would like Aaron Rodgers as our QB because I have seen him play in person at Cal...he has a good arm, very accurate, good mobility and he has is very confident like Big Ben. But I think our priorities are at running back and Saban appears set on seeing what Feeley can do this year.

PhinDude88 said:
If the 49ers take Rodgers, IMO Saban will go after Smith. But if the 49ers decide to take Smith then we could take Brown or trade down with the Bucs.

so if the 9ers take Smith Saban will get a RB but if they take Rodgers auotmatically its get Alex SMith mode for Saban, i wanna see a link to this or a quote from Saban something that leans towards it besides havin 3 meeting w/ the kid.

Then why has he had two visits wit us,I can only imagine if this kid is passed on and we our stuck with feely for the next 2 or 3 years.i know saban wont keep him that long but imagine.you guys forget we can stilldraft a Rb in the secon round

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
so if the 9ers take Smith Saban will get a RB but if they take Rodgers auotmatically its get Alex SMith mode for Saban, i wanna see a link to this or a quote from Saban something that leans towards it besides havin 3 meeting w/ the kid.

IMO means In My opinion. That is just what i think that Saban will do.

Back
Top Bottom