If anyone wants to trade Zach... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If anyone wants to trade Zach...

LdoubleE80

Starter
Reaction score
I am thankful you have nothing to do with the Dolphins front office. You don't trade away a perennial all-pro, future hall of fame linebacker, who has been nothing but consistent his entire career. Did you watch our MLB's after Zach went out? Did you see them making any plays like Zach does? No. We will get 10x more out of Zach Thomas playing for us, than we will out of a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, who has a good shot at being a bust...and about a 1% chance of being a hall of famer like Zach.

Would you trade Zach for Matt Roth? We traded Surtain for Matt Roth...still look like a great idea? The Patriots seem to do quite well with a plethora of veterans on their team...but its an entire team. They click on all cylinders...we consistently misfire on offense...or defense...or ST. Each takes their turn. Their is so little margin for error and so much parity in the league, it is getting the right mix of people, with the right coaching, with the right breaks to be successful. Getting rid of GOOD players is simply ridiculous.

no, there is no way you trade that good of a LB. First of all Zach has little value out there anyway, he's an aging linebacker with a very big contract and has suffered from nagging injuries the past few seasons. BUT, Zach Thomas good or not is the best player on this defense, he is the heart of this defense, he's a fan favorite and a leader on this team. I dont know why anyone would want to trade him anyway. But it's very unlikely to happen......

To gain youth, and upgrade the roster, it will have to happen sooner or later. Zach is great, but we have bigger holes to fill. We could use his value now, while he still has value, and get some positive reinforments in return.....

Or we could just hold onto him, stay old, and get nothing in return.....

I think you're going to see a major roster rebuilding this off-season, and standout players like Zach / Talyor may be gone as a result. We could get alot of value with those two players on the market, and this is the time to do it while we can still still get something for them....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom