If Braylon then who at RB?!?! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Braylon then who at RB?!?!

Boik14 said:
For the 100th time alexander and james are too expensive vs the cap. If we're actually dumb enough to take Braylon @ 2 (which I dont think we are), then my guess is we'll be taking an Rb in rd 3 or 4.
For what it's worth I think Braylon would be the worst signing for us out of the consensus top 7 offensive players... Rodgers, Smith, Mike Williams, Cadillac, Benson and Ronnie are all better options, IMO.

finsnchips said:
For what it's worth I think Braylon would be the worst signing for us out of the consensus top 7 offensive players... Rodgers, Smith, Mike Williams, Cadillac, Benson and Ronnie are all better options, IMO.

I see it differently....Rodgers and Smith aren't ready for the NFL...too high a price to pay for a player that won't start for at least one or two years, M. Williams hasn't played in a year...and it will take him awhile to get up to speed, While it's popular to pick either C. Williams, Benson or Brown...reality set's in, most decent running backs in the NFL today....weren't 1st round picks...most were from the 2nd round on. Edwards has 4 years playing experience...and while some fans don't believe the Dolphins have a need for a receiver...most experts disagree...and I'm assuming Saban thinks that way too. Edwards gives the Dolphins alot of options....he can play in the slot, play across from Chambers and play in Chambers position...giving Chambers a chance to rest. Having Chambers and Booker at wide out and Edwards at slot...makes the receivers dangerous...and keeps safeties back...which helps both the QB and RB. Taking Edwards makes sense.

beejay05 said:
I was basing his speed on the 40 times with my comment, and no, I did not spend a lot of time watching the Gators this year. If i remember correctly his forty time was far worse than short of amazing, and I read that he has had only 1 year with over 1000 yards rushing. Sorry, but I am not sold. I have nothing against the kid, but IMO he is not probably the 5th or 6th best back in the draft.

:shakeno: Yeah he ran a high 4.5, he must be no good. Your right he's not the 5th or 6th best back in the draft, he's the 4th and if you've ever seen him play you'd know that.

He only has 1 year over 1000 yds. because he only started one year in very conservative, pass first offense.

Its all good, Saban knows best, Fason ran all over his Tigers. :cooldude:

My first choice is Ronnie Brown #2.

My 2nd choice is either Rodgers,Smith,Mike,or Braylon then Marion Barber in the 2nd.

fishypete said:
I see it differently....Rodgers and Smith aren't ready for the NFL...too high a price to pay for a player that won't start for at least one or two years, M. Williams hasn't played in a year...and it will take him awhile to get up to speed, While it's popular to pick either C. Williams, Benson or Brown...reality set's in, most decent running backs in the NFL today....weren't 1st round picks...most were from the 2nd round on. Edwards has 4 years playing experience...and while some fans don't believe the Dolphins have a need for a receiver...most experts disagree...and I'm assuming Saban thinks that way too. Edwards gives the Dolphins alot of options....he can play in the slot, play across from Chambers and play in Chambers position...giving Chambers a chance to rest. Having Chambers and Booker at wide out and Edwards at slot...makes the receivers dangerous...and keeps safeties back...which helps both the QB and RB. Taking Edwards makes sense.
I agree with what your saying... and I do see the need at WR; however, I feel that Mike Williams is a better option for this offense than Braylon.

Boik14 said:
For the 100th time alexander and james are too expensive vs the cap. If we're actually dumb enough to take Braylon @ 2 (which I dont think we are), then my guess is we'll be taking an Rb in rd 3 or 4.

Thats funny..........You say "dumb enough" to take Braylon Edwards and then you have Kyle Orton as your QB in your mock. :roflmao:

WelcomeBack said:
The way I see it,Saban knows better than all of us and must know something we don't. So trust in our coach.

Well , when Saban got to Michigan to check out Edwards, the head coach at Michigan called Saban out before the work out and had a long chat with Saban about taking this kid. Eveyone saw this that was there..............something to think about. We just may be taking Edwards, but once again, Saban wants to trade down so someone who wants Edwards bad enough will want to go up and get him............Its gonna get interesting.

Did you ever think that going after Braylon could be a bluff? Miami might be trying to bait teams that want Edwards so they can trade down.

Jaj said:
Stick to the cap Clumpy!!! :lol:

We could say that about you as well if your serious about Andrew Walter, the dude is slow and doesn't move well at all in the pocket, his accuracy is about 10% lower than Rodgers and Smith.

This guy will be a bust at the NFL level.

if not rb in the 1st then i'd like to see Brandon Jacobs in the 4th.

I guess I should add that in the 3rd (providing no trading for any additional picks) I like LB Rian Wallace out of Temple or DE/LB Bill Swancutt out of Oregon..although both could be gone in the 2nd. But that's what I'd like to see.

Wildbill3 said:
Who says we have to draft a running back at all? We still have some guys coming back who can be servicable behind a improved O-line. After all didn't we spend a third rounder on Rb already?
Wow! you went there man! I hope you have kevlar on because the bullets will be whizzing in this thread now!

If we take Edwards(and I sooooooooooooooooooooooo hope we do) Then we still see if we can trade Surtain and maybe a future pic to Seattle for Alexander or we continue to try and work a trade for Travis Henry. I am not sure if we have a 2nd round pic next year but maybe a 2nd or if they would take it a third round pic next year for Henry. They might even look at Fason, Barber, or Gore at RB aswell. The thought of Chambers and Edwards lined up with Booker and Thompson in the mix and Randy at TE could give us a deadly passing game providing AJ or Gus gets a little protection and we have a decent RB

Why can't we all just realize that no one knows what the he!l we're going to do draft day. AND, I think thats kinda cool. Wannstedt had to have been the worst poker player of all time. "I'll give you this king, this Queen, and this Ace, oh wait I have a Jack too. I'll give you all of that for those 2 two's." Spielman looks over and says, "Yeah Dave that'll be sweet. You'll have four of a kind!"

Back
Top Bottom