If Braylon then who at RB?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Braylon then who at RB?!?!

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
say we draft B.Edwards when will we pick a RB or would we trade for edge or alexander?

For the 100th time alexander and james are too expensive vs the cap. If we're actually dumb enough to take Braylon @ 2 (which I dont think we are), then my guess is we'll be taking an Rb in rd 3 or 4.

If we take anyone other then a RB it's pretty much a signal they think they can get a RB via an alternative measure or they got the 2nd for Pat Surtain and are picking up a RB in the 2nd.

Dumb enough to take Edwards? Edwards is probpaly the most talented player in the draft! I think the unltimate plan would be to get a rb with that 2nd rd. pick we might get from Kc and draft a guy like Fason or one of the 2nd tier guys there.

for the 1th time if we pick edwards first, i would bet we would pick a rb with our next pick

Clumpy said:
Ciatrick fason in rd 2 :foundout:
He is a little to slow for my taste and really did not do that much in college. I dont know why he is rated so high. I would have to say Marion Barber, but i am not sold on any of the guys. Morancy and KayJay Harris are to old.

Lazy1 said:
Dumb enough to take Edwards? Edwards is probpaly the most talented player in the draft! I think the unltimate plan would be to get a rb with that 2nd rd. pick we might get from Kc and draft a guy like Fason or one of the 2nd tier guys there.
or should we go with shazor or baas or hawthorne with 2nd from kc and jj arrington or morency or barberIII in the third, mcpherson with 4th, mike munoz with other 4th, ronald fields in 5th

Who says we have to draft a running back at all? We still have some guys coming back who can be servicable behind a improved O-line. After all didn't we spend a third rounder on Rb already?

beejay05 said:
He is a little to slow for my taste and really did not do that much in college. I dont know why he is rated so high. I would have to say Marion Barber, but i am not sold on any of the guys. Morancy and KayJay Harris are to old.

A little too slow? Why b/c he didn't run an amazing 40 time. If you ever watched Fason play the last word you would use to desribe him is slow. Hes quick and shifty and sneakily powerful. He needs to work on a few of the little things, but his game is solid all around... He is a good reciever out of the backfield and with good coaching could be one of the best backs in this draft. The reason i like Fason over guys like arrington is b/c fason will be an everydown back in the NFL and is a complete back.

Wildbill3 said:
Who says we have to draft a running back at all? We still have some guys coming back who can be servicable behind a improved O-line. After all didn't we spend a third rounder on Rb already?

Yeah well we spent a 2nd rounder to get our QB but i still hope we draft a new one.

If the Dolphins select Edwards....I wouldn't overlook Shelton. He's a big back that has very decent speed and would make sense since we already have a smaller running back in Morris. Since I've been saying all along that I like Arrington....he would also be a logical selection...at 214 and with his speed and hands...he would fit nicely in the Dolphins new offense. GO PHINS!

Lazy1 said:
A little too slow? Why b/c he didn't run an amazing 40 time. If you ever watched Fason play the last word you would use to desribe him is slow. Hes quick and shifty and sneakily powerful. He needs to work on a few of the little things, but his game is solid all around... He is a good reciever out of the backfield and with good coaching could be one of the best backs in this draft. The reason i like Fason over guys like arrington is b/c fason will be an everydown back in the NFL and is a complete back.
I was basing his speed on the 40 times with my comment, and no, I did not spend a lot of time watching the Gators this year. If i remember correctly his forty time was far worse than short of amazing, and I read that he has had only 1 year with over 1000 yards rushing. Sorry, but I am not sold. I have nothing against the kid, but IMO he is not probably the 5th or 6th best back in the draft.

Then again...it could be just smoke to make a team trade up....so Saban gets his picks.

Back
Top Bottom