If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Damien Williams is a 225 lb RB with 4.4 speed. Physically, he looks like an every down back. Unfortunately, reality is that his vision & burst through the hole is poor. On the plus side, he has great hands, and is great in the open field. As a result, Damien Williams is a great 3rd down back for us.

Trent Richardson is a 230 lb RB with 4.4 speed. He was the 3rd overall pick in the 2012 draft, and was described as a true every down back with excellent hands.

During his 3 years in the NFL, Trent Richardson has really struggled as an every down back. While at Alabama, he had a monster o-line, so his 1st contact was often 5 yds past the line of scrimmage against a tired LB or DB. But in the NFL, he's not going to have that kind of dominating push in front of him.

[video=youtube;o5hUE-Dxyac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5hUE-Dxyac[/video]

Trent Richardson might be similar to Damien Williams. A big fast RB who looks like an every down RB, but simply doesn't have the vision to run between the tackles on 1st & 2nd down.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/trent-richardson-inexplicably-misses-gaping-hole-runs-into-linemen

Some say Trent Richardson's career is basically over. But considering that he has good hands as a receiver, and considering that he looks good in the open field, he might be more suited for a role as 3rd down back, as a receiver.

[video=youtube;IuO_cRWvfvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuO_cRWvfvw[/video]

trichHOF.gif

My Suggestion: If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back, as a receiver. He's currently unemployed, and will work for cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would sign Richardson but he has a terrible trajectory. His trajectory doesn't work because he's a slow bucket moving backward...out of the NFL backwards actually.

lol...Trent Richardson sucks.

That 4.4 track speed translates to about a 5.5 40 on the field. Dude is so slow it's painful.

He's an excellent example of why a low 40's number doesn't always translate to being fast in the football field.

Total failure and let go in Cleveland, then Indy, then Oakland and you still want to give Richardson another chance. I wouldn't touch him under any circumstance. No.

First a Tebow thread, then Ponder, now Richardson. What is next? Bring back Phillip Wheeler?

Total failure and let go in Cleveland, then Indy, then Oakland and you still want to give Richardson another chance. I wouldn't touch him under any circumstance. No.

Did you even read my post? I'm saying that Trent Richardson is a failure as an every down back, but can be excellent as a 3rd down back. If Damien Williams had been used as an every down back, he'd have had the same exact issues.

Told you guys Ingram and Richardson were stiffs, yet people wanted us to draft these guys.

No thanks as a third down back.

Richardson is just a guy trying to pick up pay checks at this point.

He has been useless for a few years now

Back
Top Bottom